• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Looking for a migraine diet

Hi all my migraines have been super bad as of the last few months and I need to know if there is a way to modify my diet to help reduce them.
Liz

I don't know too much about them, but I have an aunt and cousin that get severe migraines sometimes lasting three days. The found a nasal spray a few years ago that if used when they feel a migraine coming on it stops it from happening. Their doctor prescribes it I believe.

Try peppermint oil... place to drop in your palm and breathe in or rub some on your forehead

I used to get them, but I started keeping a log of what happened or what I did before the migraine and it helped. What did the log do? Well, the log may show differnt things for differnt people, but mine showed for me causes of strob lights, caffiene, and second hand tobacco smoke. I avoid the lights, completely stopped caffiene, and avoided smoke (helped also by all the no-smoking local bans). Another reason I think I got migraines is because I hated them but felt helpless. The log helped.

Cinnamon also helps with this, either in a tea or just sniffing an open container.

My wife had migraines for years, she got rid of them with some natural cure things, but mostly in her case is was finally letting go of some negative emotional and spiritual issues.

At different times in a person's life they may be allergic to certain things for that period of time. Keep a log or mental note of what triggers the migraine after you've eaten it. Common allergens can be natural and artificial flavors, caffeine, sugar, gluten.... There is a huge list more. Also, you may want to get your neck adjusted by a good chiroprator. A subluxation in the upper cervicals or cranials can trigger a migraine. Even TMJ and grinding teeth while sleeping at night can tighten muscles to trigger migraines and make it worse with chewing or certain food type consumption added to the mix. I have also seen emotional and spiritual healings resolve migraines too! Hope this helps!

Here is a natural tea that works fast for migraines. Drink 1 cup a day or as needed.

Ingredients:

6 parts rosemary leaves
4 parts violet leaves
4 parts peppermint leaves
4 parts lemon balm leaves
3 parts feverfew leaves
1/2 part violet flowers

So just take 1 cup of boiling water and pour it over 2 tsp. of dried herbs or 4 tsp. of fresh herbs. Cover and let steep for 15 minutes (to release the essential oils). Strain it and you're all set.
I was trying to think of what you could do if you do not have an herb garden. I think you could buy the essential oils and put drops in your tea or find the herbs at a Wholefoods market? It may seem like a hefty initial investment to buy 6 bottles of essential oil, but they last a VERY long time and in the long run it's less expensive than going to the doctor for medication or shots.

I would also try probiotics. I used to suffer and still do from time to time from migraines and I found out that when I ingested more probiotics I only get just a few every few years its very sporadic and I used to get them 3 to 4 times a week. They now have a very delicious probiotic drink that I just love its called Good Belly. You should try it. But in all reality there isn't just one fix it cure you have to try different things to see what works for you.

I get bad migraines too so I feel your pain! I've been told not to eat cheese, hot dogs, or peanut butter, but I still eat them anyway. Weather affects mine, recently I've noticed I get them from a certain hair spray, and with my cycle. I hope you find something that helps you!

I used to have migraines with a precursor of losing part of my eyesight. It would happen out of no where instantly. I saw a program that sounds silly but it worked wonders for me. When I lost my eyesight I would lay down in a dark room and breathe in and out of a plastic bag (like a Wal-Mart or grocery bag) for about 20 minutes. My head ache would not come. Has some thing to do with breathing back in the air you breathe out. Worth a try if you know it is about too happen.

Back