• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Looking for a polygamy friendly church in Tampa area

val916

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but I have been browsing here on and off for a few months. I am new to Florida, and I have been looking for some polygamy friendly churches in the Tampa bay area.

Polygamy has always been something I have thought about, but I do want to meet others living this lifestyle in a casual way, and if I do see that this type of lifestyle is for me then to pursue it. The most important thing to me is to be able to interact with families at a church, casually and take things at my own pace if I decide that this is for me after all.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to specific churches in my area?

Thank you!

I'm not familiar with any. There is Nathan B and Julie B on this board are in the Orlando area. My parents live in Lutz north of tampa. They tolerate it but don't endorse it. Move to Missouri and come to my church your family would very welcome.lol. My family has 2 wives,12 children and growing here in our farm. I pray you find what you're looking for.

Robert
Psalm 128

Thank you for your response! Orlando is about an hour and a half away, I would be willing to check out a church there, but I don't know what churches specifically to go to. Hopefully the people you mentioned who live in Orlando will see this post and respond.

Define church - if you are looking for a building then I think you will find it difficult to find a polygamous "church" anywhere in the country. I am not sure I would want to be a part of such a narrowly defined fellowship anyway.

If you are looking for fellowship with fellow believers then:

1) welcome to the forum :)

2) We hope you can make women's chat on a Tuesday night

3) Retreats are a great start to establishing fellowship.

There is one in North Florida. I think they are still called YATI ministries but lately I think they changed the name? They are not a regular mainstream church. Most churches hate plural / biblical families. It just shows what spirit inhabits them. But, people keep going to them even after they see that.

Here is something I saw today and found it morbidly funny, enjoy..

“The church and the whorehouse arrived in the Far West simultaneously. And each would have been horrified to think it was a different facet of the same thing. But surely they were both intended to accomplish the same thing: the singing, the devotion, the poetry of the churches took a man out of his bleakness for a time, and so did the brothels.”

― John Steinbeck, East of Eden

RGK said:
I'm not familiar with any. There is Nathan B and Julie B on this board are in the Orlando area. My parents live in Lutz north of tampa. They tolerate it but don't endorse it. Move to Missouri and come to my church your family would very welcome.lol. My family has 2 wives,12 children and growing here in our farm. I pray you find what you're looking for.

Robert
Psalm 128

We have lots of friends in Lutz, and worked with a church in the Carrolwood area, which is where my older brother lives. While his church might accept a poly family, I would not suggest it, being very much a liberal and worldly party palace more so than a church. :(

As RGK mentioned, there is a fellowship meeting a few times monthly in Orlando area. While traveling is not always easy, sometimes driving a ways (or relocating) may be a good way to have consistent Christian fellowship in a true local church setting.

Back