• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Loving and submitting to my husband fully

MsPurple1

Real Person
Female
My husband and I have been through this journey for about 8 months now. When this was first brought up to me. I was so angry that my husband that I loved wanted to love another woman. I wanted to leave. I was feeling that there's no way he could love me and another woman. My heart was crushed/broken. I just didn't understand why I wasn't enough for him. For 31 years I was plenty for him and now I wasn't. I was so mad that I wanted to just slap/hit/kick him. For many months every time we talked about plural marriage, I got so very angry. However, through lots of praying and reassurance from my husband that no matter what, I will always have a place in his heart, I have been able to overcome these emotions. Some may wonder If I still struggle. Absolutely. But I just have to remember that this is good and what God has planned. I have been learning how to love my husband with my whole heart and submit. I thought that I was loving him with my whole heart all of our 31 years of our marriage. But trusting him to do the right thing has been really hard. Please don't get me wrong, there's a whole other truth to giving your heart to him and submitting. I have come to the realization that he will always love and hold a special place for me in his heart. This whole process has made our marriage stronger. As I pray and talk to God I'm learning to trust my husband in a whole new way. Always remember that if your husband is considering multiple wives that you will always have a special place in his heart for you. You are the one that he loved first. There will be days that you'll want to dig a deep, really deep hole and jump in it and cry. Please remember that you're not alone. Crying is a natural emotion that God gave you. I am not going to tell you that I didn't cry, get upset, be angry, because that would be a lie. Tell your husband how your feeling. Communication is a big part to any marriage. Please know that your husband loves you and will never stop loving you! We have been able to get through this stronger on the other side. We are now open to what God has in store for us, whatever that may be.

All those who have gone before you @MsPurple1 know that this is not an easy emotional journey. We applaud you for being brave enough to trust God, and your husband, more than fear the future and what it may hold. Truth, especially God's Truth, sets us free to do amazing things with our lives if we keep our eyes on Him and his purposes for us. My prayer for you and your husband is that you will continue to grow strong together in all things.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I know this will be an encouragement to many ladies walking the same path.

Keep holding strong to your faith in God, and trust Him always.

My husband reminds me that we have no love naturally in ourselves, we are only vessels for God's love. He gives us love, and we are then to give that love to others. In that way, our love for each other is never-ending because its wellhead is God and His love is never-ending. However, we choose whether to give that love to others or not.

I am so thankful you feel your husband's love and seem to truly relish in it. What a wonderful thing! I pray that he always takes the love God gives him for you and pours it upon you. And vice versa. My little caution is to not idolize him and to not think that his love for you is from within himself and purely a feeling of attraction to you. It is so very much more than that!

Back