• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Lunar Eclipse

A

Anonymous

Is anyone watching the eclipse tonight? It really is amazing to observe!!

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Anyone care to share their ideas on what the signs in the sky will be?

I am not sure about signs in the skies but I was able to see the Eclipse from work and it was absolutely beautiful to see. They say we will not have another one for 400 plus years. I was unable to see any metorites but the Eclipse was a nice thing to observe.

Were there supposed to be meteorites last night too?

The story of the Magi who knew of Yeshua's birth because of "His star" rising always fascinated me too. What star were they following? Are we supposed to be paying attention to the skies? I have tried to research this subject but I get frustrated because a lot of speculation comes from New Age beliefs mixed in with astrology. Has anyone studied this from a Biblical perspective, or does anyone know of any good resources?

The rare thing is having the lunar eclipse on the winter solstice. I think just the lunar eclipse happens more often.

Here is something of intereest from the web page 'All About 2012'...

Dresden codex: On page 74, there is an + and X cross in the sky band as well
as the 8 pointed cross.
The zodiac cross rotates during the precession of the equinoxes against the backdrop of the Galactic Cross with one revolution in 26.000 years (length of a Great Year or Platonic Year). The Galactic Cross rotates with one revolution in 220 million years (time of the revolution of the Solar System around the Galactic Centre). That’s why the Galactic Cross is regarded as a fixated cross during a precession cycle, its rotation can be neglected.
The two crosses (Zodiac Cross and Galactic Cross) form an eight pointed cross and four times during a precession cycle they overlap. The moments of conjunction are called a Great Celestial Conjunction (for details see our paper ‘Crucifying the Earth on the Galactic Cross’ - Smeykavov, Wicherink 2006). It’s the cosmic event that is associated with John Major Jenkins Galactic Alignment. The next one is occurring right now during era-2012 on the winter and summer solstices.

I believe that this may well be the 'sign of the Son of man' that will appear in heavens that Jesus spoke of occuring just before His return, (Matt. 24:30)which I believe may well be within the next 10-13 years.

Blessings,

Ray

Back