• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General MacArthur doubles down on his Beth Moore comment

His voice brings back memories from many many years ago when I spent hours and hours listening to AM radio to try and learn as much as I could. Back in the day of cassette ministries.

His voice brings back memories from many many years ago when I spent hours and hours listening to AM radio to try and learn as much as I could. Back in the day of cassette ministries.
Lol

I used to listen to cassettes... it wasn’t that long ago lol

Anyway, back to the video, I think it's really interesting that a preacher of his level is willing to preach truth in front of such a large audience. He says a lot more things in this sermon that most Christians in today's church can't except.

Do you know that he is talking about when he mentions the controversy on the internet he was in the middle of?

Do you know what is view is about polygamy?

Do you know what is view is about polygamy
In the past, he has spoken strongly against polygamy. I've not heard him say anything that would indicate a change in his position on the subject.

Reactions: Cap
Anyway, back to the video, I think it's really interesting that a preacher of his level is willing to preach truth in front of such a large audience. He says a lot more things in this sermon that most Christians in today's church can't except.

Do you know that he is talking about when he mentions the controversy on the internet he was in the middle of?

Someone asked him about Beth Moore and he said she should go home and then clarified his position on women preaching and being in authority in the church. He was then attacked vehemently for it. This is the sermon in which he clarified what the Bible says on the matter.

He is apposed to polygamy.

I believe (somebody check me) that Grace Community is similar to JVM and Church of Open Door in that they are Presbyterian in government and Baptist in doctrine. Polygyny is nowhere on his radar, as far as I know.

This topic is best understood in light of our Hebrew friends. Paul is essentially reaffirming the basic practice of the OT and the common practice of his day...women had no real role in the temple or in the synagogues.

That would be a HUGE fish to land! Can you imagine if J Mac came out in favor of polygamy?

You can just write off the SBC at this point. The leadership is fully converged.
I will tell you that is one way in which I would be inclined to leave my church, without getting expelled. I came from IFB, and would definitely be inclined to return, but not until I at least make an attempt to start a pro-poly church, er, uh, congregation....you know, Saturday services for Torah observers, and Sunday services for the rest of us.

Might be a good idea @Daniel DeLuca No church is perfect, but IFB is going to hue a whole lot closer to the scriptures and have a lot more conservative culture. Or at least they used to. But I doubt they've fallen as low as the SBC.

Back