• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

March 2009 Newsletter

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Greetings in the name of the Lord!

It's just 8 days until our first retreat of 2009, in the mountains of North Carolina, March 27th-29th, near Asheville. If you haven't contacted us saying that you'd like to come, it's not too late to reserve a cabin or camping spot, and for those who are coming, we have a special last minute announcement: Tom Shipley, author of Man and Woman in Biblical Law, will be attending and will be sharing with us! If you haven't read his book, download it, or order a hardcopy at the same site, now. If you care about the Biblical case for patriarchy and plural marriage, this is a must read. I've shared copies with various family members over the years and have personally seen it have a large impact on those who care about the Word more than Tradition. Some of us got to enjoy seeing Tom's book come together chapter-by-chapter, reading it online 7 or 8 years ago but this will be our first change to meet with him in person. Again, it’s not too late to join us for a great time of sharing, encouragement, learning, fellowship, and worship! Write us now for last minute info: Nathan@biblicalfamilies.org

If you can't make that, or just need to warm up, don't forget about our next event, coming up on Memorial weekend: our 4th annual Orlando retreat - May 22nd-25th. Piggy-back it with a vacation, and bring the whole family! Write for details.

Please pray for those attending retreats, even if you are unable to do so we covet your interceding for this ministry, that it may find God path only.

Womem's Ministry

The board of Biblical Families is excited to announce an important new ministry, dedicated to supported all ladies associated with Biblical Families, single or married. Sometimes there are issues that we guys just don’t get, or handle properly, or that need the privacy of only talking with other ladies. So we’ve created a way for you to confidentially talk with one or more ladies – and only ladies. If you support or prayer or counsel or just someone to say they understand and stand with you – now you have a way to do that – just contact the Biblical Families Women’s Ministry by email. Soon we’ll get them a page of their own on the website also. We claim that plural marriage is a benefit to woman – this is one way we are underscoring that.

Here’s a note from the ladies getting the ministry started, though we expect it grow:

“A few months ago, some of our dear men startled us by reading and responding to our posts. At that time we joked around and kidded the men for invading our space. But that brought our attention to the fact that many women need to have privacy when they deal with their issues. Not everything that we’d like to share with some is fit for the public eye.

As a result of that, the board of Biblical Families has given us the okay to begin an official women’s ministry. To start with, anyone who needs personal attention can write to us at girlsonly@biblicalfamilies.org. We will always try to give advice or counsel that is Godly. Eventually we hope to have several more ladies participating.

This is the only the beginning. I would like to put together a collection of names, addresses, birthdates and phone numbers. Also any special interests that you might have or special talents. Anyone who would like to be included in our list should send an email with this information. That would allow us to put together an email list. From that email list we will be able to send out prayer requests and newsletters.

When you email us, please also give us any ideas or wishes that you have for the women’s ministry. We need all the ideas we can get. I see a prayer list that could be by email or by phone. I see a newsletter. Maybe we could do a cookbook or secret angels. We are not limited in anything that we can do.

Please let us know how we can serve you. Also if there is something that you would like to do for the ministry, let us know.

We look forward to hearing from you.

SweetLissa and JulieB”

God is giving the increase in numbers, but we are scattered, and too often alone. We have much we’d like to do to bring people together, such as planting local fellowships. If you have it on your heart to participate in this way, let us know!

And just in time for our retreat season, welltan sends along this introspective piece. Enjoy and be blessed – and pray about joining us sometime soon!

Retreat on the road -by welltan

God has brought us to this road.
Thought at first never traveled
Worn barely, but we carry truths load
Look! appears a house ahead!

Wife, you walk too fast.
Not sure we are welcome.
May be odd strangers all
I’ll knock first, to you I’ll call

Ah, husband, children are playing
Smells, flavored wind of food,
And I hear laughter chime