• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Mark, the long and short of it...

You all seem thoroughly convinced that you are seeing Acts quality signs and wonders today. So I’ll stop questioning why the emperor looks like he’s naked.

You all seem thoroughly convinced that you are seeing Acts quality signs and wonders today. So I’ll stop questioning why the emperor looks like he’s naked.
That’s the interesting thing.
You see the church (emperor) as being fully clothed while we see a distinct lack of what it needs to be wearing.

The church (emperor) IS naked. It has failed. The power of God has not failed and is still available to this day. It's our lack of faith they limits it though, and once we learn that power is still available, through prayer and the trials we each face to build faith, we would operate more in it to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to earth as has been commended.

To say “I believe” and then say “these signs will follow those who believe” and then not actually be able to perform the signs, is cognitive dissonance.

Or it could actually mean you don't truly believe in the power to perform miracles after believing. Which is what we all struggle with.

And I believe what @Verifyveritas76 is suggesting is that believing you can do miracles you have to have the faith to step out and do try to do them. It takes both. Which leads me to not be so judgemental about those who at least try and step out with thier belief. That's more than I'm capable to do at this time. But I'm trying.

To say “I believe” and then say “these signs will follow those who believe” and then not actually be able to perform the signs, is cognitive dissonance.
I think that you are actually proving the nakedness of today’s believers. Including myself.
Revelation 3:17 (KJV) Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Btw; check out the movie Breakthrough

Back