• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Mason from Alabama

Turtles

Male
Hello everyone! So happy to discover this forum/website. I’ve been praying to meet like-minded people.

I’m 26 (unmarried) and grew up in a Baptist church. My background is in computer science. Just some fun facts about me: My favorite pastime is catching small turtles and letting them go. They’re like God’s little jewels. Really enjoy spending time in the outdoors (earned my Eagle Scout back in the day). Also play the piano (not as good anymore) and enjoy writing.

To share a little bit about my journey and how I came to create an account on this website:

I love the book of Proverbs and prayed James 1:5 a lot during my college years. I began memorizing the book of Proverbs when I was 18 and recited it in its entirety to my parents when I was 23. My desire was to grow in wisdom that I might be a better father and husband one day—a patriarch (in the context of monogamy).

Proverbs speaks volumes about lust and the forbidden woman. My absolute favorite chapter is Proverbs 5.

Proverbs 5:15 says
Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.

I just really like that verse and the metaphor haha

As I neared the completion of my study of Proverbs, I realized that my definition of sexual purity was different than the Bible.

In other words, in my pride…I was declaring something to be unrighteous that God had not declared a sin. The word polygyny popped into my head one afternoon, and I spent the rest of the day studying it. Ever since then I’ve been completely fascinated by the idea. It completely lines up with what my calling has always been: To become a patriarch, father, husband, leader, and provider. Someone who intentionally crafts arrows and shoots them into the world.

Long story short…polygyny has been on my mind since 2019. I genuinely believe it’s a biblical option/lifestyle; however, it seems like I’m the only one within my entire state that views it as biblical. I discovered this forum in an effort to seek encouragement.

Are there any men on this forum with more than one wife that can offer some guidance? I would really appreciate talking with someone and hearing some success stories. I thought I saw a thread somewhere that mentioned a weekly video meet-up for the guys. How do I go about joining that one evening?

Greetings from outside of Alabama, and outside the US of A. Great intro, thank you for the opportunity to get to know a little about you.

My favourite verse from Proverbs is also from Chapter 5, but it's verse 19; As a loving deer and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
And always be enraptured with her love.

Greetings from outside of Alabama, and outside the US of A. Great intro, thank you for the opportunity to get to know a little about you.

My favourite verse from Proverbs is also from Chapter 5, but it's verse 19; As a loving deer and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
That's a close second for me!

Welcome from the state of Washington

And since you are from Alabama, I have to add a "Go Gators" (I'm a UF grad) 🐊

Alabama seems like a sportsman's paradise with all the hunting and fishing down there.

Shalom and welcome.

Welcome! Hope you find some good things here.

That is a good one. I sometimes quote it to the wife, but I think my favorite passage in Proverbs is: 3:5-7

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil"

Welcome!

I
Hello everyone! So happy to discover this forum/website. I’ve been praying to meet like-minded people.

I’m 26 (unmarried) and grew up in a Baptist church. My background is in computer science. Just some fun facts about me: My favorite pastime is catching small turtles and letting them go. They’re like God’s little jewels. Really enjoy spending time in the outdoors (earned my Eagle Scout back in the day). Also play the piano (not as good anymore) and enjoy writing.

To share a little bit about my journey and how I came to create an account on this website:

I love the book of Proverbs and prayed James 1:5 a lot during my college years. I began memorizing the book of Proverbs when I was 18 and recited it in its entirety to my parents when I was 23. My desire was to grow in wisdom that I might be a better father and husband one day—a patriarch (in the context of monogamy).

Proverbs speaks volumes about lust and the forbidden woman. My absolute favorite chapter is Proverbs 5.

Proverbs 5:15 says
Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.

I just really like that verse and the metaphor haha

As I neared the completion of my study of Proverbs, I realized that my definition of sexual purity was different than the Bible.

In other words, in my pride…I was declaring something to be unrighteous that God had not declared a sin. The word polygyny popped into my head one afternoon, and I spent the rest of the day studying it. Ever since then I’ve been completely fascinated by the idea. It completely lines up with what my calling has always been: To become a patriarch, father, husband, leader, and provider. Someone who intentionally crafts arrows and shoots them into the world.

Long story short…polygyny has been on my mind since 2019. I genuinely believe it’s a biblical option/lifestyle; however, it seems like I’m the only one within my entire state that views it as biblical. I discovered this forum in an effort to seek encouragement.

Are there any men on this forum with more than one wife that can offer some guidance? I would really appreciate talking with someone and hearing some success stories. I thought I saw a thread somewhere that mentioned a weekly video meet-up for the guys. How do I go about joining that one evening?
I can guarantee you that you are not the only one in Alabama…..

Welcome from Texas.

I also have a Baptist background and have been active in the Baptist church for many years.

Back