• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meetup DFW July 3

NickF

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Hey guys, gonna be in town for the weekend on a consulting tour. Me and Keith have been talking about meeting up and grabbing coffee or something. Does anybody feel like a group meetup somewhere in the MetroMess?

My son and his wife will be in town from Mississippi that weekend, but I'll see if I can slip away!

I am available so long as it is after 5 PM. So yeah, sounds like a plan.

You fellers know anybody else in the Metromess area who might be interested in grabbing a beer (or other beverage) and hanging out? Also, any suggestions on a good spot to meet? I'll likely be either in the Azle area or Highland Village areas but don't mind meeting most anywhere else in the metro.

You fellers know anybody else in the Metromess area who might be interested in grabbing a beer (or other beverage) and hanging out? Also, any suggestions on a good spot to meet? I'll likely be either in the Azle area or Highland Village areas but don't mind meeting most anywhere else in the metro.

I wish I did know in person plig families or aspiring ones.
Met a bunch of the other type of poly people several years ago at their regular meetups but quickly determined that our diagrams not only did not overlap but were not even on the same page.

I suspect @Keith Martin will be a better resource by far with respect to knowing who all is in or close to the area.

I suspect @Keith Martin will be a better resource by far with respect to knowing who all is in or close to the area.
Actually, you're the only one I've met in person in the MetroPlex. I see there are others there, and I'd love it if we could all meet. If it happens, I'll even volunteer to be the ongoing repeat-meeting coordinator!

Sunday the 3rd 8 pm ish sound good?
@Keith Martin @ATexasPeacekeeper @paterfamilias

And by all means anybody else who's interested.

Please shoot me a PM if you want address and location of meetup spot. Near Lake Worth junction of 820 and 199

Last edited:
I can only commit to the extent that I'll be there if my son and daughter-in-law have left by then or have already gotten on my last nerve.

Understood, sent PMs to everyone who already expressed interest

Dallas Ft Worth. We just call it the metroplex or metromess as the case may

It was fun to hang out with Keith again and to meet Nick...who I will end up becoming as I nag him with professional questions over time. It was a shame the other guy...atxpeacekeeper or some such. I have not interacted with him so his nickname is not as fresh in my mind... unfortunately he didn't make it and that is disappointing for a number of reasons. The one issue I was really wanting to engage him on after I realized he was a black guy was about what is going on with just a tonne of black single ladies and lack families jumping in the plural marriage pool. Maybe I am crazy but I swear that they are disproportionately represented and accelerating. I was really wanting to hear his take on the matter and if he has a theory about why there might be a difference. Hopefully we will have another opportunity to hang out soon and he will be able to attend.

Last edited:
I was wondering what the Metroplex is? I have heard of MetroLouisville but just wanna know???😁
The MetroPlex is now just the name for the Dallas/Fort Worth statistical metropolitan area, but it was very much planned in advance and given that name in the 1960s. Once upon a time, Fort Worth was a relatively small cowtown and Dallas was a separate city a long 30 miles away with an entirely different culture. In between were a number of very small towns, all of which have grown to capacity. Part of the plan to create the MetroPlex involved Fort Worth absorbing a mile-or-so strip of land eastward until it reached the old American Airlines headquarters airport and Dallas doing the same westward to reach the same point, and then build what is now known as the DFW airport, really the first modern airport in the country. Two thirds of DFW is in Tarrant County (Fort Worth is the county seat), mostly in Grapevine, and the other third is in Dallas County, mostly in Irving. The original discussions about creating the MetroPlex included plans for Dallas and Fort Worth to incorporate each other and become one city with that name, but in the end the cultures were two disparate, and that idea entirely disappeared.

The airport was being built as I was in high school in Grapevine, and it has transformed Grapevine from a 6000-resident ranch town that operated almost entirely separately from Fort Worth and Dallas into basically a suburb of Dallas. Arlington, which is closing in on half a million residents, had a population of 5K in 1950, 50K in 1960, and almost 100K when I first left Texas in 1972. I lived in Colleyville back then, which didn't even have its own junior high or high school, and our back yard backed up to a large horse stud farm. Colleyville still retains some of its flavor from 50 years ago, but for the most part every bit of the MetroPlex (all but downtown Dallas), which encompasses 6 counties now, is unrecognizable compared to the 1970s. Tarrant County is currently the fastest-growing county in the United States (Dallas County is already long fully-developed).

Government is always spinning facts to fit certain narratives, and how this in some ways affects the MetroPlex is an example. Shortly before Trump left office, the MetroPlex edged past Chicago the Census Bureau statistics to become the third largest metropolitan area in the country, but the whole Wuhan Flu mess had emphasized to the country that certain areas were thriving while others were tanking, with Texas accounting for over half the economic growth of the entire country (five of the fifteen largest cities in the country are in Texas), so one of the first directives the Census Bureau got from the Biden administration was to beef up numerous other metropolitan areas, creating a new designation called Primary Statistical Areas, which then raised Chicago, DC, San Francisco and Boston ahead of the MetroPlex. In order to accomplish that, they had to pretend that everything in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire is part of Boston; that Silicon Valley is part of San Francisco (of the four actually the least of a stretch), that everything from Delaware and all of Maryland to northern Virginia and eastern West Virginia is part of the District of Columbia; and that Chicago extends not only into Indiana but Wisconsin as well (think Kenosha). Money allocations get based on these kinds of decisions, but some of it is just absurd. Personally, I liked the Fort Worth area much better 50 years ago, but now it's unmistakably one nearly continuous city from western Fort Worth to eastern Dallas. At the same time, no one is going to mistake the decreasing-population New England environment from Boston to Connecticut for anything that resembles one long city.

Wow -- this is the definition of over-answering.

The MetroPlex is now just the name for the Dallas/Fort Worth statistical metropolitan area, but it was very much planned in advance and given that name in the 1960s. Once upon a time, Fort Worth was a relatively small cowtown and Dallas was a separate city a long 30 miles away with an entirely different culture. In between were a number of very small towns, all of which have grown to capacity. Part of the plan to create the MetroPlex involved Fort Worth absorbing a mile-or-so strip of land eastward until it reached the old American Airlines headquarters airport and Dallas doing the same westward to reach the same point, and then build what is now known as the DFW airport, really the first modern airport in the country. Two thirds of DFW is in Tarrant County (Fort Worth is the county seat), mostly in Grapevine, and the other third is in Dallas County, mostly in Irving. The original discussions about creating the MetroPlex included plans for Dallas and Fort Worth to incorporate each other and become one city with that name, but in the end the cultures were two disparate, and that idea entirely disappeared.

The airport was being built as I was in high school in Grapevine, and it has transformed Grapevine from a 6000-resident ranch town that operated almost entirely separately from Fort Worth and Dallas into basically a suburb of Dallas. Arlington, which is closing in on half a million residents, had a population of 5K in 1950, 50K in 1960, and almost 100K when I first left Texas in 1972. I lived in Colleyville back then, which didn't even have its own junior high or high school, and our back yard backed up to a large horse stud farm. Colleyville still retains some of its flavor from 50 years ago, but for the most part every bit of the MetroPlex (all but downtown Dallas), which encompasses 6 counties now, is unrecognizable compared to the 1970s. Tarrant County is currently the fastest-growing county in the United States (Dallas County is already long fully-developed).

Government is always spinning facts to fit certain narratives, and how this in some ways affects the MetroPlex is an example. Shortly before Trump left office, the MetroPlex edged past Chicago the Census Bureau statistics to become the third largest metropolitan area in the country, but the whole Wuhan Flu mess had emphasized to the country that certain areas were thriving while others were tanking, with Texas accounting for over half the economic growth of the entire country (five of the fifteen largest cities in the country are in Texas), so one of the first directives the Census Bureau got from the Biden administration was to beef up numerous other metropolitan areas, creating a new designation called Primary Statistical Areas, which then raised Chicago, DC, San Francisco and Boston ahead of the MetroPlex. In order to accomplish that, they had to pretend that everything in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire is part of Boston; that Silicon Valley is part of San Francisco (of the four actually the least of a stretch), that everything from Delaware and all of Maryland to northern Virginia and eastern West Virginia is part of the District of Columbia; and that Chicago extends not only into Indiana but Wisconsin as well (think Kenosha). Money allocations get based on these kinds of decisions, but some of it is just absurd. Personally, I liked the Fort Worth area much better 50 years ago, but now it's unmistakably one nearly continuous city from western Fort Worth to eastern Dallas. At the same time, no one is going to mistake the decreasing-population New England environment from Boston to Connecticut for anything that resembles one long city.

Wow -- this is the definition of over-answering.

I didn't see this answer, much better than what I had to say...

Back