• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Men's mindset of women's polygyny naturalness

That's a false equivalence argument.

Homosexual marriage is not legitimate from the start. And you cannot swear an oath before God to commit sin and then expect that God wants you to uphold your oath more than He wants you to stop sinning.

Monogamous marriage is not a sin. Neither is upholding your vow or oath to forsake all others at the outset of a monogamous marriage.
That's why I distinguished a difference between the two. 😁

The monogamy vow is improper, was made in ignorance, and based on deception.

The sodomy vow is nonsense, and unlawful.

Homosexual marriage is not legitimate from the start. And you cannot swear an oath before God to commit sin and then expect that God wants you to uphold your oath more than He wants you to stop sinning.

Monogamous marriage is not a sin. Neither is upholding your vow or oath to forsake all others at the outset of a monogamous marriage.
Joshua still kept his sinful vow to the Gibeonites,. It was a sinful vow, since the israelites were instructed to wipe out all the Canaanites. 🤔

Jephthah also kept his sinful vow by murdering his daughter (assuming that is the correct understanding of the passage). 🤔

Do you believe the wife has a moral duty to release the husband from this improper vow?

My personal conviction is both.
The husband should still honor the improper vow, and the wife should release him from it.

You made a vow and swore an oath before God. Your wife is a party to that oath. If she does not release you or give her consent to modifying that oath then your oath should be upheld. After all, you made the oath before God, correct? Me in your place I'd be much more concerned about God's judgment than your wife's.
She already released me from vow. She realized it was unscriptural.

I believe you and your wife conducted yourselves properly. May the Lord give you and your family many blessed years to come.
Series of events for my family. I studied Bible and learned about the goodness of plural marriage. Told my wife about it. Taught it to her and discussed/argued about it for a lengthy period of time. Both accepted it, although me quicker than her. Asked her to release me from vow. She released me from vow. Started looking for a second. Found second and made scriptural based vows to her. All of this took place within the past two years.

Do you believe the wife has a moral duty to release the husband from this improper vow?

My personal conviction is both.
The husband should still honor the improper vow, and the wife should release him from it.
Yes.

Husband should remain under vow. If he wants to add to family, ask wife to release vow. Wife should honor that and not hold back due to jealousy or other factors, but release unconditionally.

Wife should not demand husband keep an unbiblical vow. She can, but shouldn't.

Yes.

Husband should remain under vow. If he wants to add to family, ask wife to release vow. Wife should honor that and not hold back due to jealousy or other factors, but release unconditionally.

Agreed

End of the day - what 2nd wife (that follows and loves our Messiah) would join a marriage where the man’s house isn’t in order? You can try to force your will be done - but there’s a good chance the first wife will go into pure rebellion. Or you can be patient - washing her clean with His Word - and then have the Heavenly Father’s will be done.

Colossians 2:11
When you came to Christ, you were “circumcised,” but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision—the cutting away of your sinful nature.

Jealousy is part of the sinful nature. It needs to be cut off. You don’t put new wine into old wine skins. But new wine goes into new wine skins. A person must want to repent and turn to the ways of the Heavenly Father. Praying for Lord Jesus to circumcise their hearts and give them a new heart:

Ezekiel 36:26
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

You don’t hear prayers pleading Lord Jesus Christ to circumcise one’s heart. Instead, I at least, hear a lot of “Hail Mary’s” going around. NFL games - “throw a Hail Mary.” New exorcist movie with Russel Crowe - favorite Christian prayer “Hail Mary.”

Old Samaria chose their own priests from the common people for their sacrifices. New Samaria also chooses their own priests for sacrifice (mass - Eucharist).

Old Samaria worshipped facing the East. New Samaria builds their cathedrals purposely for worship to the East.

Old Samaria loved their idolatry of statues and worshipped a “queen of heaven.” New Samaria does the same.

Last edited:
To elaborate on jealousy being part of the sinful nature - God is jealous for his own people; because we are his possession. He’s the Master. The Master is allowed to be jealous for his possessions - and if his people go after other gods - those people risk provoking him to anger and risk being called adulterers against the Most High. You risk being cut off from Christ - just like Israel was given a certificate of divorce for her own adultery.

Same thing with the relationship between a husband and a wife. A wife is listed among a man’s possessions in the 10th commandment. Elsewhere the man is called the master or lord over his household. Therefore, he’s allowed to be jealous over his wife. She is his possession. If she wants to go out dressing proactively - flirting with other men - then he’s allowed to burn with anger. Just like our Heavenly Father burned with anger against Israel and Judah for their prostitution. But a wife can not be jealous for her own husband. She doesn’t own her husband. It would be like I’m forbidding my Master - Lord Jesus Christ - from adding additional families into his kingdom.

Last edited:
Yes.

Agreed. This is the honorable way to handle it.

Back