• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Midwest, Minnesota...

Nathan Hatch

Male
Any Biblical Families around the Midwest willing to plan a get-together?

I do not have more than one, yet, but I need to see how exactly this works and have some fellowship as I am starving for friends lol...

I need to show the lady in my life who these people are and what it really all means in person and disarm her of her worries and pains and decide for myself when I should introduce another into the mix, if I decide to do so.

I am completely convicted now and my heart is settled and at peace...

I've got a truck and some camping gear if that is the route anyone else would want to go, it is coming into the Summer. Or if sitting down with a Bible and coffee is more anyone's style than we could definitely do that, too!

No get togethers that I am aware of, but I'm just a peon round here. I would be interested in attending something though.

I believe the Summer retreat is fairly centrally located. I am told that if you only go to one that that is the one to shoot for.

Read the messages from the latest West Coast retreat to see how life changing attending a retreat can be.

Also, they are great for families with only one wife (such as my family), too. ;)

Summer Retreat is coming. It may be a drive, but try to go. Last I heard, it would be Tennesseeish or somewhere surrounding. It's not set in stone, though.

Trying to get a little farther west, say Missouri-ish, but it will depend on what's available for the first or second week of August.

For anyone such as my family unfortunately, that won't be able to attend the summer retreat, we would be willing to help put something smaller together in the Midwest. We live close(ish) to the Quad Cities area in southeast Iowa if anyone is fairly close.

Just a side note: As a west-coaster, I think it's hilarious that Minnesota and Iowa are considered Mid-West. Ya'll know West doesn't just mean west of the Atlantic, right. :D

I was curious and had to look it up. Turns out, before 1984, Census Bureau called it the North Central Region. 'Slightly' more accurate, IMO.

To Eastcoasters, any state that doesn’t have an Atlantic waterfront is WEST.

Better to be a citizen of the Republic of Texas! :p

Okay, I'm teeing that up for somebody.....

If the feds stay on course, we won't have to secede—Disneyland-on-the-Potomac will simply cease to exist. But I'll definitely call you should the time come! :cool:

For anyone such as my family unfortunately, that won't be able to attend the summer retreat, we would be willing to help put something smaller together in the Midwest. We live close(ish) to the Quad Cities area in southeast Iowa if anyone is fairly close.
Hi, that would be interesting. I'm in E IA. Is the summer retreat in NC? Or?
Thanks

Hi, that would be interesting. I'm in E IA. Is the summer retreat in NC? Or?
Thanks

Welcome Haya! Summer retreats are all different places. We try to move around so it isn't so far for families to come to at least once every few years. Things have changed a bit, as you might imagine, due to COVID -19. We have only had 2 smaller retreats this year but continue to hope that next year we will be able to make a big summer retreat happen again.

Back