• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Modern Polygamy is now free!

As in completely free. No upsells, and no upgrades. This has been a long time coming and will ensure the stability of the platform in the long run.

So why go from $45 per month to $0? The price per month served several functions including paying for significant advertising, adding a barrier so that only those more committed would have Premium accounts (or be able to send initial messages), and being able to tightly screen the quality of new profiles so we don't have to just accept every scammer that comes along just to keep the member numbers up.

But with that comes compromises. Some moral, some simply in regard to time.

On the moral side, I have had longstanding issues with spending as many thousands of dollars per month on Google ads as we have been.

Everyone here knows they are on the other side. No one is of the delusion that these are good people or that they are working with the good of humanity in mind (or even indifference). They are actively on the other side. ...and I've been funding them to the tune of thousands of dollars per month. You mix that with our userbase and I'm taking money from people that oppose what Google is doing and handing it to the very people working against them. Yes, it had to be because I wanted it to be -the- spot for helping you find your partners in life. But, it irked me. It has always bothered me and it recently became more at the front of my mind.

Lastly, though the primary reason. It does not take an inordinate amount of time to manage the site, even with a good flow of new members. But, I find myself progressively more squeezed on time. At first, I thought this was probably a temporary bottleneck, but what time I devote to Modern Polygamy I take away from other places at a time when it's not going to sit there and wait for me and I know I am letting too much slip through my fingers simply because there aren't enough hours in the day.

That said, I will not compromise on quality. So, we are moving to a verification system instead of payment for a Premium account. Everyone that had a Premium account on or after the 1st of the month will keep that status going forward.

All new accounts for couples and men will be invisible and unable to send messages until they become verified. Verification currently involves making a short video in a way that AI is not yet capable of doing. And yes, I'm fully aware of what it can do and the rate of advancement...we will adjust over time to stay a little past what it can do.

After verification, a member will be able to send up to 3 messages per day (significantly less than current\grandfathered Premium members) to new contacts and, of course, reply to messages (unlimited). They will also be visible in search results.

Current non-premium members will hold their current status and have the option to verify in order to send messages to new contacts.

This takes us from reviewing every account to only doing verifications, as only verified accounts will be "live" or seen by others.

This decision also releases us from processing requirements. We are no longer beholden to certain standards and not stepping on toes. We are free. While we always ran a tight ship, the rules are now entirely ours.

I appreciate your support, as I always have.

All sounds great - far more practical. One thing isn't entirely clear though - where is the money coming from if there are "no upsells and no upgrades"? Presumably you still have a paid tier of some form? Or are you switching to doing this on a charitable basis?

The issue for me with the site is a time thing rather than a money thing. This was done as a "want to" from the beginning (our About page is all true) and I would be running almost the same hardware anyway if I wasn't running the site, so the cost is not that big of a thing to absorb (though I wouldn't want to keep spending thousands on advertising every month without monetization). It's the time that I have issues with, and I'm hoping this will get that to a balance that works, continuing my "want to" at the standard I want, without taking away from what pays the bills best.

As in completely free. No upsells, and no upgrades. This has been a long time coming and will ensure the stability of the platform in the long run.
Consider me gobsmacked.
Good on you.
Hopefully the site will continue to grow all the more. As you know, the competition is just garbage. Seemingly naught but bots, scams and creepy swinger types.

This decision also releases us from processing requirements. We are no longer beholden to certain standards and not stepping on toes. We are free. While we always ran a tight ship, the rules are now entirely ours.

I appreciate your support, as I always have.
Looking forward to the verification.
Not that I will be sending a tonne of flirts as such but it will be very nice to have the option

Thanks for making the change

The issue for me with the site is a time thing rather than a money thing. This was done as a "want to" from the beginning (our About page is all true) and I would be running almost the same hardware anyway if I wasn't running the site, so the cost is not that big of a thing to absorb (though I wouldn't want to keep spending thousands on advertising every month without monetization). It's the time that I have issues with, and I'm hoping this will get that to a balance that works, continuing my "want to" at the standard I want, without taking away from what pays the bills best.
Very innovative!

Back