Mom time

• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Cindy

Female
Jan 17, 2018
Ohio
Zip Code
let's face it, mom time is so hard to come by! The reality of raising children just doesn't leave much room for this, but self care is so important. I'm looking for ideas from you ladies. What do you do for yourself? I've been really consistent with manicures and just got my first pedicure in two years yesterday. It was amazing, but I want other ideas. Another thing I love doing is traveling, and I am planning on doing some of that over the next couple months. I'm not the most a crafty person in the world, so if you have ideas for easy crafts throw them my way.

Littles

Female
Oct 17, 2017
Nevada
A meal out with a good friend is my go to. I also like to once a year go for a day at the spa. Or have an at home spa day with some close friends. (Usually just me and my daughters)I do like making a wreath for our front door too. Easy, just a plain wreath and flowers for the season and hot glue. But my biggest and easiest mom time sanity saver has got to be a nice long shower with my favorite “fancy” soaps and lotions and then into bed early with a good book or blog. Or a long walk early in the morning.

Being a single mom is hard. (Been there done that) and it’s even harder to find alone down time. From your other post it sounds like you have a very strong support group with your mom. That was the key to my sanity. My mom is amazing and knows when I get wound up and would offer to watch the kids for longer so I could take ”mom” time. That was usually just an extra long leisurely trip to the supermarket with no kids. Which was a huge blessing be cause at the time my kids were 4,3,2,newborn! Even now that I am married she try’s to take them at least one afternoon a week so I can just breathe. Which usually means I’m deep cleaning or taking that shower. Hahaha But, it is still a huge blessing.

Hope you find some time for rest this week.

Cindy

Female
Jan 17, 2018
Ohio
Zip Code
I don't really do much away from home. But, I find little moments for myself by taking time to just sit in my room and read for a bit. That's my favorite way to relax. :)
A mani/pedi sure sounds like fun, too, though!
I'm a sucker for a mani/pedi! I will work overtime to make sure I get it if that's what's needed lol

I'm not much for reading beyond what I'm forced to read in school. I honestly get really bored with it! Books on tape drive me bananas too.

Sonshine

Real Person
Female
May 24, 2016
S. Dakota
I'm a sucker for a mani/pedi! I will work overtime to make sure I get it if that's what's needed lol

I'm not much for reading beyond what I'm forced to read in school. I honestly get really bored with it! Books on tape drive me bananas too.

I am always SO surprised when people don’t enjoy reading! Only because I love it so much. ;) But, I know other people who feel the same... Or, they did until they found the right book. :)

I think I’m due for another mani/pedi. ;)

KatyBeth

Real Person
Female
Apr 11, 2018
North Texas
I feel like such an old lady, my favorite way to unwind for a day of mothering is to go to bed early. My kids are all under 10 and are usually asleep by 8pm - sometimes I’m in bed by 8:30/9pm. Sleep is my favorite thing. :)

Also, reading. I love reading, especially fiction. Anyone who says they don’t like to read just hasn’t found the right book(s) yet. ;)

Cindy

Female
Jan 17, 2018
Ohio
Zip Code
I feel like such an old lady, my favorite way to unwind for a day of mothering is to go to bed early. My kids are all under 10 and are usually asleep by 8pm - sometimes I’m in bed by 8:30/9pm. Sleep is my favorite thing. :)

Also, reading. I love reading, especially fiction. Anyone who says they don’t like to read just hasn’t found the right book(s) yet. ;)
Hahah that's awesome. One day I will enjoy it, but for now I have so much required reading for school that I have no desire to go above and beyond that!

I too enjoy going to bed early, but sometimes I struggle going to sleep even when I'm tired. I've been dealing with it for years and I'm pretty sure it won't go away at this point. Tonight for example, I just finished my paper for the week and I'm in bed. I guarantee even though I'm wiped, I won't fall asleep for another hour to two. the night shift nursing sure doesn't help much either.

Cindy

Female
Jan 17, 2018
Ohio
Zip Code
A meal out with a good friend is my go to. I also like to once a year go for a day at the spa. Or have an at home spa day with some close friends. (Usually just me and my daughters)I do like making a wreath for our front door too. Easy, just a plain wreath and flowers for the season and hot glue. But my biggest and easiest mom time sanity saver has got to be a nice long shower with my favorite “fancy” soaps and lotions and then into bed early with a good book or blog. Or a long walk early in the morning.

Being a single mom is hard. (Been there done that) and it’s even harder to find alone down time. From your other post it sounds like you have a very strong support group with your mom. That was the key to my sanity. My mom is amazing and knows when I get wound up and would offer to watch the kids for longer so I could take ”mom” time. That was usually just an extra long leisurely trip to the supermarket with no kids. Which was a huge blessing be cause at the time my kids were 4,3,2,newborn! Even now that I am married she try’s to take them at least one afternoon a week so I can just breathe. Which usually means I’m deep cleaning or taking that shower. Hahaha But, it is still a huge blessing.

Hope you find some time for rest this week.
Awe thank you SO MUCH! My mother is an incredible help and such a blessing. We struggle sometimes with our relationship, but we do know how much we appreciate each other. I'm very fortunate to have incredible parents.

I also enjoy a long hot shower or a bath! I have the intention of putting on awesome lotion by I usually just say meh and move on about my day. Silly I'm sure! I did go out to dinner with a few work friends Saturday night and that was an absolute blast. We are hoping to keep that going and keep hospital talk out of it!!!

Cindy

Female
Jan 17, 2018
Ohio
Zip Code
I am always SO surprised when people don’t enjoy reading! Only because I love it so much. ;) But, I know other people who feel the same... Or, they did until they found the right book. :)

I think I’m due for another mani/pedi. ;)
Girl I would totally get a mani pedi with you if we were closer! I advocate for all moms! MANI/PEDI FOR ALL!!!

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Mar 6, 2015
Girl I would totally get a mani pedi with you if we were closer! I advocate for all moms! MANI/PEDI FOR ALL!!!

Haha this made me happy! XD I enjoy pretty nails too. :)

I like to read. But the number one thing I like to do that helps me stay sane is waking up before everyone else and having my coffee/tea by myself in the morning when all else is quiet.

Cindy

Female
Jan 17, 2018
Ohio
Zip Code
Haha this made me happy! XD I enjoy pretty nails too. :)

I like to read. But the number one thing I like to do that helps me stay sane is waking up before everyone else and having my coffee/tea by myself in the morning when all else is quiet.
I'm starting to enjoy early mornings doing just this. I will take my blanket and coffee outside and just enjoy the peace

WifeOfHisYouth

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
But the number one thing I like to do that helps me stay sane is waking up before everyone else and having my coffee/tea by myself in the morning when all else is quiet.
Oh I am so NOT a morning person. I would love if everyone waited until 8-830 to start the day. Unfortunately, my kids inherited my husbands rise and shine attitude. I can only hope for a bestie to fill the early morning role ;) lol

Last edited:

Well loved wife

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
May 22, 2017
Zip Code
I love quiet mornings and a good cup of coffee!!:p unfortunately my hubby is a night owl and I stay up way to late to spend time with him. I enjoy quilting- you could snuggle under a quilt you are working on and watch a few interesting YouTubes or find a serie on Netflix :rolleyes:
My favorite way to spend my free time is making something for someone or learn/veg-out on YouTube. I do love to sit by a fire in the backyard or a river and do nothing and not be ‘mommmmmed’ even though I love the title.
Nobody touches my feet so pedis are not for me. Manicures- I’d join anyone for that!! Anybody wanna visit me???

Well loved wife

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
May 22, 2017
Zip Code
I'm starting to enjoy early mornings doing just this. I will take my blanket and coffee outside and just enjoy the peace
Blankets and coffee-awesome!

Well loved wife

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
May 22, 2017
Zip Code

Reading has been putting me to sleep lately, but I love extra sleep!!:p

WifeOfHisYouth

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
I'm a sucker for a foot rub. Rub my feet and head and you get whatever you want lol.
I’m so the same! It’s the way to my heart LOL

Reactions: RainyLondonFog