• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

'monogamy is just a subset of polygyny...'

My buddy back out in —– always says, “The devil always likes to say, “Hey! Let’s you two fight!” I always say, “the devil’s favorite game is to draw a line in the dirt, and tell everybody to stand on one side or the other, and then tell them ‘OK, now fight!’ “. But, they were just buddies, a minute ago! Before somebody drew a line.
That is extremely insightful, because it goes far beyond polygamy / monogamy. It also speaks to vaxxed / unvaxxed and every other line that is artificially drawn to cause people to fight over.

One of my viewers reached out via email and the result has been a terrific discussion. I share one of his emails in this article that will encourage and benefit each of us here as we do outreach...

"I support normal marriage..."
Very helpful thanks Pete. I agree; God hasn't set limits and He even allows people to remain single!
You conclude your article in the link saying, "And, his comments referring to the adversary drawing lines…. Guard against division in this and other areas!!" It brought to mind the verses from Proverbs 6;
16 These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.
The lies and deception of those who set limits, in contradiction to God's Word, have sowed much discord among brethren. To be involved in something God says He hates is a seriously bad thing and I agree with Samuel; we all ought to avoid doing the same with the vaccination debate or any other ungodly line people want to draw to sow discord.

@frederick , love those comments! Can you put them on the blog? :D

Back