• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Monogamy of Christ & The Church

and his bride has made herself ready.

Poor translation. Its woman (g1135 gunē) not bride (g3565 numphē)

This is an important distinction.

I have noticed that you have a habit of pulling out snippets of a verse or post quote to prove some point you are trying to make but makes it difficult to respond because you have confused the context.

It's the New Jerusalem Rev. 21:20

Yes it is. The point being that what @PeteR was saying leaves out the definition of what/who exactly it is that makes up the New Jerusalem.

What does this even mean?

21“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, a and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister b c will be subject to judgment.

27“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ e 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

33“Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. g

Broadening of the OT.

Poor translation. Its woman (g1135 gunē) not bride (g3565 numphē)

This is an important distinction.

So you are saying that this is not a reference to the Bride of Christ?

I just realised something major here. Yes, the wedding hasn't happened. But in scripture, the order is generally betrothal -> consummation -> wedding feast, NOT betrothal -> wedding feast -> consummation as in Western culture. The wedding feast celebrates something that already exists.
Could the marriage have already occurred, but we be simply waiting for the celebration of it?
So it's not too late for the PARTY?? lol

Back