• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Mother in law dying

captainjonathan

Real Person
Some of you know Laura and I. We have had a rough year. God has had his hand on every part of it and we know that we are walking where He is guiding us. That said, it has been PAINFUL.

The latest in our series of loss. Laura's mom was diagnosed with ALS in May of this year. At that time her health was good save for a little slur in her speech. We figured we had time. Well time is up. Laura's mom is packing for her trip home. She is turning off the lights and seems she will be gone by the time we make it to Pittsburgh. We rejoice that she will not be in pain anymore. We know she is a sister in Christ and that we will see her again in a few.

The issue for me is her Grandma. Gram is refusing to eat, thus trying to hasten her death. I understand why. I do, what I don't know is what the Lord says about this. I would pray for God to take her home and do, but she is healthy for her age (90's) and this seems to be more a response to loneliness. I have prayed to go home before. Pray for her and for us.

JOHN AND LAURA

OUR PRAYERS ARE FOR YOU AND FAMILY I KNOW THE PAIN AND SUFFERING YOUR MOTHER IN LAW HAS BEEN LIVING WITH GOD BE WITH HER

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys. So, sorry it happened so quickly. Praying especially for Gram.

John and Laura my prayers for you and family as your mother in law has gone home her pain and suffering will be no more PTL

Praying here also, you're certainly on a rocky road right now, but it is good to see that you feel God's hand in it all.

I will be praying for all of you.

Dear John and Laura,
I understand right where you are my Mother and Aunt both died of ALS many years ago, it was a difficult time. Since then I have done much research on the subject as I am the mother of 9 children and step mom to 4 and have many grandbabies who I don't want to have to experience what I had to.

Please go to a website called www.ericiswinning.com, a man named Eric Edney was diagnosised with ALS and has overcome it. Please read his website.

Here is a quote from his February 2014 update
"This month I wanted to let you know about my diet and supplements. But just remember one thing. I believe that diet and or supplements will never cure ALS. The main cause of ALS is toxins. You must detoxify your body and avoid taking in new toxins if you want to cure your ALS condition. Having said that, I must add that you should do everything possible to make your body healthy. Your body needs all the help it can get. Also remember that when I say avoid toxins, that means eat only organic food. That also means avoiding prescription drugs or any drugs because they are toxic. Here is another note for you. If you now have ALS, you should probably avoid toxins and continue to detox your body for the rest of your life. It is now over 23 years since the date of my first ALS symptoms. Because of learning more and more every day, I have been changing my way of life, especially my diet for over 15 years. So what I am doing today is vastly different from what I wrote about in my first book which was published well over 10 years ago."

I have been a health advocate for many years because of my experiences with my Mom in my 20's. I am a distributor for Young Living essential oils and advocate getting all chemicals out of our life and diets.
Blessings,
Kathleen

Thank you all for your prayers. Dana went to be with the Lord on 2/7/14. Gram started eating soon thereafter. She is doing better. I am praying for my father-in-law.

Back