• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Moving on....

andrew

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Just letting everybody know I have resigned as an admin and am likely to have even less presence here in the days ahead than I have had in the past six months. I simply don't have the bandwidth to keep up with the discussions, let alone take responsibility for any admin or moderator issues that come up. Time to tap out.

I'll be at the OK retreat next month, and will continue to attend future retreats as time permits. In addition, I'll continue to occasionally host small groups at my home, and make it over to @cnystrom's home from time to time when he's got something going on over there. And for anyone who is presently in contact with me outside of this forum, we'll still be in contact outside the forum. I don't have any problem with any individual, Biblical Families, or the general idea of helping others with the theory and practice of plural living. I just don't have time for this discussion board.

Feel free to call or text (or PM me here for contact info if you don't already have it) if I can help you in any way. Otherwise, until we meet again....

All the best,
Andrew

This is the downside of polygamy, folks. You think you're busy now, just wait until you have three wives! This board has an overrepresentation of monogamists simply because the polygamists all hit the same issue of real life getting in the way.

Andrew, I've really appreciated everything you've done here, and will miss your wisdom and calm moderating input.

Everyone else, if you have a chance to attend an in-person meetup of any sort with Andrew and his family, do it, you won't regret it.

Last edited:
A great loss! Your comments were always on target. Some of the best messages I have read on here were from you, so the quality certainly goes down with you leaving, but I understand the huge amount of time it takes.

I look forward to seeing you and your family in OK next month and we can talk more about what you are working on these days.

Andrew, I want to thank you very much for the help/advice you've given to me over the years and all the godly counsel in the many different threads. The battles have been fierce at times so thank you for standing firm with us all. It has been a wonderful blessing and I'm truly grateful to have a brother like you. Shalom

Andrew, we did not get to interact too much on the board, but I do look forward to meeting you next month. Shalom

Shucks.

So sorry to hear this, but I do understand limitations and commitments. I have always enjoyed and looked forward to your posts and replies. Much wisdom and discernment.

May Abba bless and guide you.and your tribe. I do pray when the time is right that you'll be able to write that book we'd all love to read and glean from.

Blessings, brother.

Totally understandable, but what a bummer for us!

I used to tell people at another poly site when they would ask if anyone there was living plural that I suspected poly folk were too busy with their real lives.

Blessings to you and yours in whatever life brings. I'm glad you're still going to do retreats!

Couldn't you take some kind of emeritus status? One that reduces your obligation but still keeps a certain affiliation?
I should point out that all Andrew has said here is that he is pulling out from the forum, but will still be involved in in-person events. The heart of this ministry is in-person fellowship, the forum is just an add-on. The founder of this ministry, @nathan , is rarely on the forum - but is very busy in the ministry as anybody who has attended any retreat is well aware. This is simply a pragmatic and understandable shift in priorities.

Anyone who wants to continue to fellowship with @andrew, just take this as an encouragement to actually meet with people in the real world. This forum is just the beginning of your journey, not the whole of it. Real life occurs in the real world. Get out there and meet likeminded people, be it at a retreat or elsewhere.

All the staff here know @andrew's telephone number, so he really can't avoid having some kind of emeritus status. If we want his advice we'll still ask him for it whether he likes it or not. :)

Back