• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Muhammadu Buhari is a man with guts...

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Hats off to Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari! I can't help having respect for a man who, while standing on a podium beside Angela Merkel (Germany's long-standing female Chancellor), and challenged by a reporter to respond to criticism of his government by his own wife, has the guts to laugh and then just blurt out the first joke that comes to his mind regardless of how it will be perceived by Merkel and everyone else. Whether you like what he said or not, to actually be willing to say it in that context demonstrates enormous guts and a carefree attitude that I find very impressive.
Muhammadu Buhari said:
I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.
He then goes on to explain that he knows more about his job than she does. So he's simply saying that his job is governing the country, her job is more domestic, and they are each better qualified to comment within their own areas of expertise. His point is entirely reasonable. But the jocular way he chooses to say it, and the context he makes that joke in, that's just priceless...

Back