• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

my children hate Biblical Christian polygyny

elkanahtyler

Male
I am 80 years old and live with my second daughter in Idaho. We have many problems. She is for Biden and I am for Trump. My three adult daughters hate Biblical Christian polygyny and despise the fact that I very briefly involved their mother in a polygynous attempt. I do not believe they are going to put me out into the COVID cold but relations are strained. Financially and medically I should not live alone due to age and health problems. Living with my daughter enables me to send money to feed 34 orphans in Kenya, 34 starving Christian students in an underground Christian school in Pakistan, 18 people in the Philippines including 3 widows, a 60 year old with a serious heart condition and a young adult who is deaf, illiterate with frequent seizures. I really want to continue to helping these people since these people's lives have become very difficult under COVID shut downs and deprivations. If I have to move out and have my own place I won't be able to help those people and that thought grieves me. Please pray for me. I never expected so much persecution from my own daughters.
From my lawyer daughter: "
"Hey, Pop's my faith in Jesus Christ and the Spirit of Truth know your beliefs are very wrong according to the bible and his definition of marriage. We will NEVER agree on this issue. I am letting you know know that I am not reading anymore of your emails. They are disturbing and ungodly and I don't need that kind of carnal sin in my mind or personal space. So take me off your "Daughter" list of emails and Don't send them to me anymore. I don't need to know nor want to know. I will honor you as my father and love you unconditionally but I am drawing a clear red line in the sand with you today. Please respect my wishes.
Love,"

That's sad, @elkanahtyler. I mourn for you, because I know you love your daughter so much and also want to maintain communication with her to the degree that you were willing to risk letting her know who you really are in order to keep the relationship between the two of you real.

I suspect, though, that you're not entirely surprised that she had this reaction. I see you have written a book on Christian Polygamy, which, of course, means you are prepared to make a good case for the legitimacy of biblical polygyny, but I'm also going to assume that you are just as prepared for the fact that the way your daughter has reacted is entirely normal in our modern-day culture. I applaud you for taking your stands on this, but I also pray that you possess the patience to see her through the many breakthroughs that will be necessary in her thinking even if she does reopen the windows of communication with you.

Be strong, and don't stop loving her.

P.S. I should mention that I have 5 children, ages 16 to 42, and my pursuit of and support for polygamy is right near the top of what each of them doesn't like about me.

I am 80 years old and live with my second daughter in Idaho. We have many problems. She is for Biden and I am for Trump. My three adult daughters hate Biblical Christian polygyny and despise the fact that I very briefly involved their mother in a polygynous attempt. I do not believe they are going to put me out into the COVID cold but relations are strained. Financially and medically I should not live alone due to age and health problems. Living with my daughter enables me to send money to feed 34 orphans in Kenya, 34 starving Christian students in an underground Christian school in Pakistan, 18 people in the Philippines including 3 widows, a 60 year old with a serious heart condition and a young adult who is deaf, illiterate with frequent seizures. I really want to continue to helping these people since these people's lives have become very difficult under COVID shut downs and deprivations. If I have to move out and have my own place I won't be able to help those people and that thought grieves me. Please pray for me. I never expected so much persecution from my own daughters.
From my lawyer daughter: "
"Hey, Pop's my faith in Jesus Christ and the Spirit of Truth know your beliefs are very wrong according to the bible and his definition of marriage. We will NEVER agree on this issue. I am letting you know know that I am not reading anymore of your emails. They are disturbing and ungodly and I don't need that kind of carnal sin in my mind or personal space. So take me off your "Daughter" list of emails and Don't send them to me anymore. I don't need to know nor want to know. I will honor you as my father and love you unconditionally but I am drawing a clear red line in the sand with you today. Please respect my wishes.
Love,"
Sorry you are in this situation sir. It sounds like you are no longer in a polygamous situation so maybe it's OK to just stay off the subject with your legal-eagle daughter? Probably you have your hands full with the whole Democrat-in-the-house thing. I don't understand how someone can claim the moral high ground in Christianity while voting with the party that backs abortion, gay marriage, and often bans on prayer in schools.
I feel for you; I really do. May G-d give you amazing wisdom and patience in navigating these waters ... alternatively, may He give you a win in the lottery!

I am letting you know know that I am not reading anymore of your emails. They are disturbing and ungodly and I don't need that kind of carnal sin in my mind or personal space. So take me off your "Daughter" list of emails and Don't send them to me anymore.
It sounds like you are the one raising the topic of polygamy with them, not the other way around, in repeated emails and no doubt elsewhere also. Is it possible that you put far too much time and effort into this one issue? Why do you continue to raise this issue with your daughters? Is it really important enough to destroy your family over?

I agree with @IshChayil. There are probably far more important things for you to put your time and emotional energy into with regards to your daughters. The topic its not even relevant to you anyway as you're not a polygamist (at present). Just drop the topic.

It sounds like you are the one raising the topic of polygamy with them, not the other way around, in repeated emails and no doubt elsewhere also. Is it possible that you put far too much time and effort into this one issue? Why do you continue to raise this issue with your daughters? Is it really important enough to destroy your family over?

I agree with @IshChayil. There are probably far more important things for you to put your time and emotional energy into with regards to your daughters. The topic its not even relevant to you anyway as you're not a polygamist (at present). Just drop the topic.
Thanks
Tyler

Sorry you are in this situation sir. It sounds like you are no longer in a polygamous situation so maybe it's OK to just stay off the subject with your legal-eagle daughter? Probably you have your hands full with the whole Democrat-in-the-house thing. I don't understand how someone can claim the moral high ground in Christianity while voting with the party that backs abortion, gay marriage, and often bans on prayer in schools.
I feel for you; I really do. May G-d give you amazing wisdom and patience in navigating these waters ... alternatively, may He give you a win in the lottery!

Thanks
Tyler

That's sad, @elkanahtyler. I mourn for you, because I know you love your daughter so much and also want to maintain communication with her to the degree that you were willing to risk letting her know who you really are in order to keep the relationship between the two of you real.

I suspect, though, that you're not entirely surprised that she had this reaction. I see you have written a book on Christian Polygamy, which, of course, means you are prepared to make a good case for the legitimacy of biblical polygyny, but I'm also going to assume that you are just as prepared for the fact that the way your daughter has reacted is entirely normal in our modern-day culture. I applaud you for taking your stands on this, but I also pray that you possess the patience to see her through the many breakthroughs that will be necessary in her thinking even if she does reopen the windows of communication with you.

Be strong, and don't stop loving her.

P.S. I should mention that I have 5 children, ages 16 to 42, and my pursuit of and support for polygamy is right near the top of what each of them doesn't like about me.

Thanks Keith!
Tyler

Back