• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

My father's house caught fire

Patricia C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Please pray for my dad and his wife. His house was struck by lightening and the garage caught fire. They were preparing to move to Naples so everything was in the garage. It is all a loss. My heart is so heavyFB_IMG_1560114784012.jpg

So sorry
Praying

Wow, @Patricia C, what a hit for them. Praise God they are okay though. Prayers for them and you.

Oh, my! Something like this is so difficult to deal with, make sense out of it, and try to figure out how to move on from here. :( I'm sorry for them. Thank you for allowing us to pray with you and them. Do they live close to you? What was their intended departure date for Naples? Please keep us posted. Thanks.

Oh, my! Something like this is so difficult to deal with, make sense out of it, and try to figure out how to move on from here. :( I'm sorry for them. Thank you for allowing us to pray with you and them. Do they live close to you? What was their intended departure date for Naples? Please keep us posted. Thanks.
They live in The Villages Florida. They were actually on their way to sign the papers on the new house when they received the call. They were 30 minutes away from the house when they got the call. YAHWEH protected them by getting them out of the house before it was hit

Thank you everyone for your prayers they are appreciated

I will certainly pray that they get through this challenge.
When my uncles house was struck by lightening in a small town the volunteer fire dept only kept it from spreading to other structures. The whole house burned.
It looks like much of your dad's place is intact, and while I'm sure there is water and fire damage, it looks like a lot of those belonging might be salvageable, and the house can be repaired.
Just looking at the bright side. It looks like it could have been worse.

I will certainly pray that they get through this challenge.
When my uncles house was struck by lightening in a small town the volunteer fire dept only kept it from spreading to other structures. The whole house burned.
It looks like much of your dad's place is intact, and while I'm sure there is water and fire damage, it looks like a lot of those belonging might be salvageable, and the house can be repaired.
Just looking at the bright side. It looks like it could have been worse.
Yes it could have been so much worse! The remainder of the house has smoke and water damage but for the most part it is ok. My dad said the garage and contence were a total loss. I am just grateful they are safe no one was hurt everyone worked so fast. I am grateful!

Back