• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

My Introduction

anioko1

I found this site in search of a tribe, having been labelled a cheater and divorced due to my realization that the family model adopted by Abraham, Jacob, David, and other Hebrew kings was never a sin. I grew up Christian, but I see a significant element of replacement theology in many churches, which also maintain traditions not recommended by Jesus himself. Many teach that the law was broken or abolished.

I believe in Jesus (Yeshua) and follow him, but I don't feel the mainstream church is on track, whereas the Messianic believers are. I'm looking forward to making friends and acquaintances, especially as I don't live in the USA. I hope to find like-minded individuals in locations outside the USA who are also searching for their tribe.

I have read that soliciting or searching for a wife or wives on this site is not allowed, so I will refrain from doing that.

Welcome!
If you don’t mind my asking, where are you from?
And how did you happen to find and accept this truth?

Welcome and glad you found the forum!

Hi @anioko1, welcome to Biblical Families. It's sad to read your comment you've been labelled a cheater and been unjustly divorced. Many of us here have faced severe backlash for believing what is written in the Bible, so you're in good company. Cheers

Welcome!
If you don’t mind my asking, where are you from?
And how did you happen to find and accept this truth?
I started to ask myself questions, I read about David and his discussion with Prophet Nathan. I read that Abraham had Sarah and Hagar and after Sarah died he had concubines. Jacob had 4 wives and God was with all of them. Moses got married to Keturah and Zipporah. I read some of the history of bigamy in England and other historical documents. I had to take theology courses to learn how to interpret the Bible. Then I could see where Paul overrode the law which he shouldn't have done. He didn't need to say that the bishop should have one wife etc. It was his recommendation but many people assume anything written in the Bible is the word of God and inspired.

Shalom and welcome.

Then I could see where Paul overrode the law which he shouldn't have done. He didn't need to say that the bishop should have one wife etc. It was his recommendation but many people assume anything written in the Bible is the word of God and inspired.
You might be able to forgive Paul. I'm no Greek geek, but what I have read others say is that he said leaders ought to have at least one wife, not one wife only. More accurately, that he said "husband of 1st wife" (implying 1: has a wife, and 2: never divorced her), which makes the following verses a progression of that thought and explanation of the recommendation rather than additional convoluted stipulations.

Welcome!

You might be able to forgive Paul. I'm no Greek geek, but what I have read others say is that he said leaders ought to have at least one wife, not one wife only. More accurately, that he said "husband of 1st wife" (implying 1: has a wife, and 2: never divorced her), which makes the following verses a progression of that thought and explanation of the recommendation rather than additional convoluted stipulations.
I would go further that it just says "man with a woman" implied that woman is joined to his body as a wife. The word MIA is used in this verse as (a) damsel. Your still a man with a car if you have two.

Matthew 26:69​

King James Version​

69 Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.

I would go further that it just says "man with a woman" implied that woman is joined to his body as a wife. The word MIA is used in this verse as (a) damsel. Your still a man with a car if you have two.

Matthew 26:69​

King James Version​

69 Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
μία, fem. nom. sing. adj. meaning one female
παιδίσκη, fem. nom. sing. noun. meaning female slave.
μία παιδίσκη, lit. one female slave.

Peter, old Rocky the fearless fisherman, was cowering in fear when confronted by one slave girl. And that was after he boldly affirmed he'd die for Christ (v:35).

I have read that soliciting or searching for a wife or wives on this site is not allowed, so I will refrain from doing that.
It's not forbidden, but it's not what we're set up for - and by stating clearly that this is not a dating site we avoid a legal technicality in the USA. We won't go out of our way to stop you from saying what you like about yourself, but you're more likely to find a wife on a dating site, partly because they're set up for it better, but largely because most of the people on this forum are male and those women who are here are mostly married, so you're advertising to the wrong crowd. And because if a woman does turn up here looking for a man there are already so many here the competition would be tough!

Back