• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Native American Christianity

It does feel like when you come in the middle of a conversation and trying to play catch-up. On one hand, it seems like they (Native Americans) are trying to do what we (here at BF) are doing in separating Churchian dogma from true Biblical Gospel. Now, the other guy that the video keeps cutting back to almost sounds like he's trying to merge, or force fit, Christianity into a Native American mold.

I don't know. Again, it sounds like I'm missing a key piece of the puzzle that would explain exactly what they're trying to say.

Last edited:
I get the broad idea of separating Christianity from churchian dogma / Western culture, and the call for respect rather than being seen as inferior. Those are very valid and important principles.
But I don't know where they are going with it - what beliefs do they want to dispense with? What beliefs do they wish to add, or what scripture do they wish to interpret differently? I can't disagree with the basic principles of what they are saying, but only because I haven't seen the detail.

Exactly. The phrase "we need to ask ourselves these questions" gets kicked around, but i don't recall anyone mentioning what these questions are that they're asking.

Back