• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Natural remedies for depression?

Picking something to DO, a purpose, and doing it will help a lot.
Specifically, doing something to help others.
Something that they can’t do themselves.

Natural remedies for depression?

Yogurt!!

We learned a lot about gut health this past year. They say gut health is 80% of your immune system!

The book Super Gut helped us all feel better....but the author believes it is largely the healthy microbiome being lost and SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) being epidemic in our world that is creating all kinds of health problems INCLUDING DEPRESSION!

There is a prophetic element that connects this. L. Routeri bacteria cultured in milk does this. It is written that in the last days the love of many will wax cold. The author believes SIBO and the health issues it causes is largely to blame for people not feeling connected in our modern world.
View attachment 7369
This one?

Depression is symptom for probably like 1000s potential issues.

I wonder if it is even always has an underlying issue? Maybe everyone is different and for some people life just has its ups and downs?

Interesting article about Winston Churchill and his "black dog":

Reactions: MrB
I wonder if it is even always has an underlying issue? Maybe everyone is different and for some people life just has its ups and downs?

Interesting article about Winston Churchill and his "black dog":

I think one of key reasons is shutdown of recovery mechanism of body due to constant stress. Damaging combination if combined with infection.

Does anyone have any experience with natural remedies for depression that actually work? :)
Yes.
Carnivore diet ie natural human diet.
Jump on youtube and do a search on depression, carnivore and any of these doctors...Ken Barry, Sean Baker and Anthony Chaffee.
There is lots more in the carnivore community talking about it and the mechanisms through which it works.
Would also do a search on depression and methylation pathways. Nearly half of Americans have very common mutations which prevent proper absorption of some nutrients...it is a sort of cascade effect thst is a lengthy explanation and less fun to read about than to hear about...plus I am still upping my own game with respect to falling underhanding tue mechanisms and would hate to misspeak and give incorrect information.

I can tell you that the carnivore is a massive net positive.
I have always been more than a little grumpy and while not depressed...certainly not as happy as I should be under the circumstances. 2 weeks into carnivore and not just was all of the inflammation from dozens of previously broken bones and soft tissue/joint injuries gone but I just had more energy whether physical or mental. Far more optimistic and up beat as well as more happy and patient.
I have some days that are less good than others like everyone else but my scales have tipped for the better

Creatine monohydrate, is also really good for depression. It will take some weeks for your body to adapt but it's considered natural (it's even in meats we eat) just make sure you get the purest form powder.
Accurate only I would advocate for just eating tonnes of beef. Sure a supplement of good quality would be a nice jump start but loads of fatty beef will do wonders in the long haul.

Yes.
Carnivore diet ie natural human diet.
Jump on youtube and do a search on depression, carnivore and any of these doctors...Ken Barry, Sean Baker and Anthony Chaffee.
There is lots more in the carnivore community talking about it and the mechanisms through which it works.
Would also do a search on depression and methylation pathways. Nearly half of Americans have very common mutations which prevent proper absorption of some nutrients...it is a sort of cascade effect thst is a lengthy explanation and less fun to read about than to hear about...plus I am still upping my own game with respect to falling underhanding tue mechanisms and would hate to misspeak and give incorrect information.

I can tell you that the carnivore is a massive net positive.
I have always been more than a little grumpy and while not depressed...certainly not as happy as I should be under the circumstances. 2 weeks into carnivore and not just was all of the inflammation from dozens of previously broken bones and soft tissue/joint injuries gone but I just had more energy whether physical or mental. Far more optimistic and up beat as well as more happy and patient.
I have some days that are less good than others like everyone else but my scales have tipped for the better
Thank you! I've been looking into it, and changing my diet in other ways has helped some. I have a very low tolerance for vitamins, powders, and even some foods, which makes my options limited. I went back on a twice-a-week, 2 mg-dose antidepressant for the time being.

Thank you! I've been looking into it, and changing my diet in other ways has helped some. I have a very low tolerance for vitamins, powders, and even some foods, which makes my options limited. I went back on a twice-a-week, 2 mg-dose antidepressant for the time being.
Good test for diet is simple:

Would your ancestors several centuries ago eat this? If no, best to avoid. If yes, bring it on, baby.

If you want me to point you to resources do please say so. I am happy to do so and I have personally seen significant benefits from completely getting away from the standard American diet.
There are tonnes of proofs and evidence which is easy to consume and people telling their success stories galore.

If you want me to point you to resources do please say so. I am happy to do so and I have personally seen significant benefits from completely getting away from the standard American diet.
There are tonnes of proofs and evidence which is easy to consume and people telling their success stories galore.
For sure, I'd appreciate it! I mostly do chicken or beef and a few fresh vegetables most meals anyway. I've been doing that for about 2 years and noticed improvements in my energy level. I'm off the hook energy-wise. I still eat out once in awhile with family and I make homemade bread/rolls (my weakness). Still, nothing seems to help me as much as taking Lexapro which sucks because it causes significant weight gain 😔

Back