• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

NC retreat: July 2-4th - FEEDBACK TIME!!

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Are you coming to the retreat next weekend in NC?!? Over 40 adults are, and 20+ children. We are looking forward to it so much, we are leaving tomorrow (Sunday)! We are camping for a few days in the mountains before heading to the retreat - my kids are pretty excited, it's been almost a year since we've been up to the mountains.

Many of us are staying an extra day, until Monday - to make more time to fellowship.

It's not too late to make your plans, we still have some beds available. Drop me a PM, or email retreats@biblicalfamilies.org if you want details.

Hope to see you there!

Re: NC retreat: July 2-4th - will you be there?

Thanks for a nice retreat! Now back to work and turning the hamster wheeel. Blessings to all from our little clan.

Re: NC retreat: July 2-4th - will you be there?

yes, it was a great retreat
many thanks to nathan and his crew

i have so many thoughts and so little ability to express them, but for now let me just say that it was a privilege to meet such great people

Steve and I would like to give a shout out of thanks to our blessed Creator and to the Bib Fam crew for a lovely time at the retreat. It had been a tough winter for us both, and we both needed a break. The site was gorgeous, the food wonderfully and lovingly prepared, the laughter and tears delicious, and finally getting the chance to put actual names and hugs to email handles was a true joy.

More than anything, I was touched by the courage I encountered in hearing peoples' stories, as well the determination to pursue personal wholeness and surrender to God irrespective of whether or not there is a change in anyone's marital status. The fact that biblical marriage was only a part of the fellowship and not in any way a "hobby horse" theological topic was also refreshing. (IOW, God, and life with and in Him, is waaaay bigger than just the restoration of biblical marriage, as important as it is!)

Shalom and thanks to all,

Steve and Ali

First of all, thanks to all of you that were there, it was a long drive for many of you. We had a blast, the kids had to be dragged to the car when we left, and the scenery was amazing. It is so nice to see all of our friends at these retreats, to catch up and fellowship. Watching Steve turn around a massively long tractor trailer, talking about self sustainable living, watching the kids catch crawfish, and sitting by the campfire were just a few of the many points of interest during the weekend.

For all of you that have never been to a weekend retreat, let me tell you that it is well worth it. Each new person or family that decides to attend always feels a little aprehensive at first, but we quickly brainwash them and in no time, they love it.

See you all at the next one, WHEN IS IT!?!

Exactly right, Paul - with nothing on the schedule on the East Coast for the rest of this year, we're already thinking that won't work: too many of us will need our fix before then! We had a quick discussion about meeting in the fall (how does weekend after Thanksgiving work for folks? Done with family at that point?), and perhaps a new location, say... central Alabama? Drop me an email or PM with your thoughts.

We do have Sacramento in October still, for those who can make it to the west Coast - it'll be an entirely different group there.

It was great to see everyone, even the extended weekend seemed too short - next time for team-building we need to take a longer hike: a Double Red Diamond trail!

Nathan

I just want to say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself last weekend. I loved seeing old friends that I met in January and meeting plenty of new ones.

I must say that I was utterly and completely blessed through each aspect. The live praise and worship music did my heart so much good and was only the beginning to having my heart opened wide to the work of the Lord in my life. I can honestly say that God truly did show up at this retreat and made some wonderful changes. Those who allowed God to work in and through them were huge blessings. Thank you for the ministry that you provide and for being willing to allow the Lord to work through you.

This retreat has left me changed from the inside out and it's one of those forever kind of changes.

Nathan and Family, thank you soooo much for being such great hosts and organizers of this. It was definitely a blessing and my heart is open wide!

Wow that's cool to hear! I am glad every one had a good time. Bro I want to go to the Cali Retreat! I am at least closer to there. Once I finish my college courses we are moving to FL we own some property in Panama City Beach and Becky is wanting to be back next door to her mom cause she is sick. So I'll guess I'll get to meet the west coast crew first then the east coast crew. I am excited though! :D

Back