• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Need A 2nd Opinion From Godly Counsel.

DarthXedonias

Hello All! I am DaRome and this I my First post here. I have actually been stalking on this forum for about close to years now :D lol. I recently decided to sign up because of of some events about to take place in my life. Therefore, I have been reading on this forum a lot lately trying to get insight and also wanted to now write a Topic post so I could get more advice for my specific situation. First, I feel I should tell a bit about myself. I am 23, Mixed (mostly black but I have some Native American in me), and Am currently in the U.S. Navy(til 2015) in the Information Technology field. I am currently in Pensacola, Florida but will be stationed in Wahiawa, Hawaii December 5th (shore command). I have not finished college yet but, God willing, I will be able to have my Bachelors and Masters in Information Technology done before I leave the navy in 2015. Now, I feel I should explain my situation. In the next couple of months (about 9 to 10 months), God willing, I might be getting married for the first time. I am screen particular women right now, about 3 (possibly 4; I will also explain later what makes this situation unique). All of them know my views on Polygamy and Each has had varying responses.

Women #1: She is probably the most Godly so far and if anyone could exemplify Proverbs 31, I think it would be her. She cooks very well, and loves to meet new people and interact with them. She is single with no children. She is works as a manager but is a student as well. She believes that in the marriage the man should be the head and the women should take more of a supporting role. She would like though that her future husband make the final decision but that he would take her opinion into account, which I have no problem with. Would like her children to be raise with a belief in God and would want to know more about the christian faith. She is a Christian herself but doesn't go to church that often. I have tested her a few times just to see what her responses would be and she has always reacted in a more Godly way then I would have thought. She has even said, that if we met and things didn't turn out well that she would still want to be friends and that she would wish that I would be able to create a wonderful family I am seeking.

Women #2: She is a very nice women and is currently a Student and teacher. She has the same views on Husband and wife roles as Women #1. Overall a pretty decent person though I do have doubts about her. She was not very thrilled about my polygamy views at first but she said I won her over by being very sincere and honest. The thing is, which I noticed today while talking to her on Skype, she seems to get sad or down when I even bring up the subject of Polygamy. I questioned her on this and she admitted that she is see's nothing wrong with it but at the same time she is just at the "tolerate" phase. Kind of makes me think that this would not get very far even if we got married because I feel she would be miserable as soon as another woman entered the relationship. Also, she says she is a Christian but at the same time she has doubts sometimes because she sees the church become more of the nation's political system as she says it. In other words, that some many churchs want to go to the good old days where the church was seeking earthly political power or to use the "sword" against their neighbors.

Women #3: She has the same views on Roles of husband and wife #1 and really does want a lot of children, wheres as #1 and 2 would be satisfied with just 2 or 3 kids. She enjoys cooking. The one thing is she is a Christian but she has the view of "well, we all worship differently but we all essentially worship the same God" type of view that is so come these days when it comes to religion. The thing is though, I wonder if she said this because even though she knows I am christian I "think" she might think I am some different sect of Christianity or something (like Mormon wise). I find myself questioning if I should even go visit her to be honest.

Women#4: I can't say much about because i just got to know her recently. She is Christian though I am waiting for her reply on her attitude toward Christianity in general. When she realized my views on polygamy she just had a more "well, you should be able to live your life the way you want as long as it does no harm to anyone" attitude about it.

The thing that makes this whole situation unique though is that Most of these women I am talking to , I am going to go Visit In November.... in Ukraine. I mostly decide to look else where then the states (though I might turn my search here eventually) because I have always been interested in different cultures and If you know anything about the former Soviet Union countries, there is a big shortage of men. So, I thought maybe it might be more open to the idea of Polygamy. Though at the same time Ukraine is one of countries where the women are indoctrinated the most in the "ROMANantic" philosophy about marriage. I welcome any opinions or insights you guys have to offer and I would ask that you pray for me during this time that I might have wisdom and that God's will would be done in this situation.

I would like to talk with you on a more personal basis outside of the public forum and pray with you and chat with you some.

I will add that just on the surface level you seem to have placed the ladies in order of 1 being the highest rank and 4 being the weakest in rank. Indeed if you read Proverbs 31 it speaks of godliness as being so very important. It sounds like lady number one is your strongest candidate.

As for the one who think we all worship God just in different ways I would be careful about that ideology. We call that postmodernism. With the right instruction and teaching that might be something you could lead her out of. But if that is truly in her heart then she is likely not a true believer as a true believer in heart (though sometimes confused on the details) will realize that Jesus Christ is the Lord God and that salvation is only found in him alone (Acts 4:12; John 14:6). So on that end I would be very careful with any ideology that sees anything differently in that area.

Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance to you or if any of the other staff here can be of any aid to you in your spiritual journey.

Hi DaRome.

Welcome to Biblical Families, congratulations on signing up and posting.

As requested, here is my 2nd opinion although I make no claim of Godly counsel.

You mentioned that these women are mostly in the Ukraine, and you are planning to visit them, so...

I would suggest you keep your options as broad as possible and not narrow your focus until after meeting them in person. Talk is cheap. The real person behind the emails may be quite different, for good or bad.

ylop
armchair expert

I'll put my opinion as succinctly as possible...

Visit all four...pick the best one and take her home. Once you have established that you are a good husband and possibly a good father too (by the time you have your masters and have finished your duty this should be apparent) then see if you still feel called to have additional wives. If you are let God lead you into relationship with another woman.

Polygyny is like an elephant...and the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.

I thank you both for you advice.

Dr.Allen: I am thinking that the first lady is my best choice as well, and that is why I am very interested in meeting her. She has surprised me in her humbleness and kindness in many ways. She has always asked questions kindly and always tries to be polite. Even on one occasion, she has said , in response to a question I asked, that if I choose another girl instead to be my first wife that she would be willing to wait to be my 2nd wife (about a 2 year wait due to U.S. immigration law). The thing that really impressed me about her though, is that even though she didn't know my attitude toward Christianity at the time she said," I have never thought about living this lifestyle but if GOD wills such a thing then I shall". I have a great connection with the 2nd lady but I don't think it will last. As I told you about her views on religion, she also mentioned in that first email that she could except her husband having great faith and her children being taught so but she didn't "think" she could be that involved i church, etc. Also, I think she is counting on her "Romatic" love of me and her "own" strength (as opposed to submission to GOD) to keep her going in a relationship where her husband will have more than one wife. I don't think such a thing would end well. I will be open and maybe she will surprise me when we meet but I don't have high hopes. The 3rd women Is like the 1st women in a lot of ways except for the spiritual aspect, telling by her postmodernist view as you pointed out. I have thought I could maybe lead her out of it but we shall see. At this time, the 4th woman hasn't gotten back to me yet in a while so I might not even visit her.

Ylop: Thanks for the advice and I do plan to keep my options open. I just hope that God will lead me in whichever way he chooses in this situation.

Scarecrow: That's what I hope to do for the most part. The way I see it, at the most I think I would be able to support 2 wives in Hawaii (if GOD so planned me to have 2 at that time) but it would be better once I got out of the Navy. Just based on my career field I would be able to make six figures rather easily, which would make the whole supply "food, clothing, and marital rights" a lot easier (well at least the first 2 anyway). We shall see where God leads though.

As a side note, Overall I would say that looking for a wife who is accepting of Poly abroad has been very interesting. one thing that I have found very interesting in regards to Ukraine is the difference in the response based on whether the girl was from the city or from a small town. It seemed like most of the girls from the large cities had 1 of 2 responses. The first response would be just to try to change my mind to monogamy so she could have me exclusively. Once that failed she would just put things in a way that to tell she was not interested. The 2nd response would be she would accept it but only if she was able to have multiple husbands as well. I had more success with women from the small towns (of which the top 3 from above are women from town of population 300k and below). I think this might be because the woman/men ratio in the smaller cities and towns is a lot more extreme than in the big cities. Also, I seemed to notice that City women were a lot more "liberal" with reasons for divorce than the small town women were.

I would appreciate any more advice people could give! I would also be interested to here if anyone here has courted foreign women before.

I haven't looked for a Bride in the former Soviet States, being a woman but I know a man who did and she dropped him like a hot potato as soon as she got a better offer. You know why? Because she could! The women in the Ukraine are educated and have high expectations of marriage and life and they feel that the West has opportunities that they can't get at home. I can assure you that no matter what number one is saying there is no way she is wanting to come to the US to be any second wife (and therefore not legally entitled to stay in the US) nor is she going to have any other woman in here home. I know a LOT of Eastern European women and I have been to Russia, trust me, no matter what they are saying, if you think any Ukrainian woman is going to let some other woman in her house you are dreaming. I don't want to be patronising but you are quite young and possible quite inexperienced and I would say, have a Ukrainian wife if you wish but do not expect to live Polygamously with her. If you are interested in Ukrainian culture, it may be better to learn a bit about them, their religious beliefs are vastly different from American cultural systems.

Sorry if my frankness offends you and I fully believe you will not heed my warning because it is not what you want to hear but I guarantee I am 100&% right in this.

B

The staff here at Biblical Families knows of a pastor in the Pensacola area that is open to plural issues. If you would like, PM me privately here on the forums and I will get you in touch with him. He is a good man of God, and has had direct experience in dealing with similar situations.

Blessings

Doc

Hello and I thank everyone again for the replies. I thought I would keep people updated. It would seem that lady #4 did get back to me and she does seem to be a christian who tries to go to church every Sunday. So, would seem like I will be visiting 4 cities all together after all.

Doc: I will be sure to PM you when I can, I would be very interested in talking to someone in Pensacola about these issues.

Isabella: I do know where you are coming from but at the same time that is a broad statement to make, that no women from eastern Europe would share her house with another woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWoMYCUEgeE

Apparently there are some women who will go a long with such a agreement. Also, I have read that there is at least one province in Russia that is trying to get Polygamy legalized because of the huge shortage of men. I think this would further explain why I have had women who are more open minded about it from small towns then larger ones. Also, I bet most people would say the same thing about no American women wanting to share her man, yet here on this board we have such women who would. In general, I understand where you are coming from but you can't judge a whole population based on subjective experience, you will always get those few in the population that are (to use a sociologist term) social deviants (those that don't conform to the culture they live in).

Oh, and before I forget. Even though I will go see lady #3 I don't think it will go anywhere. She doesn't know any English what so ever. I mean, It could be overcome but I doubt it. Lady #1, 2, and 4 seem to have intermediate level English. We shall see how this turns out .

Scarecrow said:
Polygyny is like an elephant...and the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.

Scarecrow I liked your advice on this. In the past I have had multiple new business projects on the go simultaneously, and it has been a mistake. One new project at a time is the way to go. Complete the project and them commence the next one with a strong foundation.

ylop

DX,

A couple of thoughts that have way more to do with your career than the adventure of marrying cross-culturally x 4. You are in IT, and when you finish your undergrad degree, you will be an officer in US Navy, if you are not a NCO already. (Thank you for your service, by the way!!) As such, your security clearance is going to need to be reviewed and "upped." They will be going over your life with a fine toothed comb, (as they should, btw,) even if you are getting out in 2015.

So, if you have a number of IM transmissions to and from the Ukraine, and any number of trips taken on leave, from an OpSec perspective, you would raise a red flag, due to the fact that the Ukraine, while technically an ally, is iffy on a number of fronts. And, as you well know, you don't know when you are being monitered, especially from Hawaii, given its strategic importance in the realm of both commo and intel.

I am not saying don't pursue, I am saying pursue very, very slowly, carefully and prayerfully, and LISTEN to the Holy Spirit intently. I realize that I am speaking from the standpoint of being in an Iraqi combat zone and having the Hawaii 299th NG around to teach me this stuff, but I just don't want to see you end up in the brig unneccesarily. May God give you grace and wisdom as to how you should proceed, and may he give you the perfect match(es,) Ukraine or otherwise, in His time. God bless you, brother, and welcome aboard. :D

Alit53: Thanks for your prayers and advice. It may not happen necessarily. When we get our bachelors we have to manually apply for officer candidate school to get commissioned as a officer. I have thought about that route but I am worried about the effects it would have on my family (navy has a 80% divorce rate). I have thought of just changing my rate to CTN (Navy Hacker) because they don't have a sea(ship)/Shore (shore base) rotation like the other ratings do. They only have Conus (continental U.S.)/ outside Conus (outside Continental U.S.). So I would just have shore duty all the time just either outside the U.S. or inside the U.S. But even with this, I don't think I could with good conscious serve in the military anymore. Not necessarily because of the military itself, though I do think its too "legalistic" in my opinion, but mostly because then I have to follow the policies/orders of politicians. Quite honestly, at this point I think most people know they don't really care what happens to the people they govern, they just care about their own power and egos.

I did want to keep everyone updated so I shall. I stopped corresponding to lady #3. I felt know peace in the decision to go see the woman and she at times showed some very immature tendencies at times that made me question whether she was ready for a relationship, or even marriage. So, I told her it was best that we going our separate ways. As for lady #4, due to a change in my flight (I will be landing in Odessa instead of Kharkov,Ukraine) I will most likely not even be able to go see her. So, at this point its only ladies #1 and #2. I thank God because I had prayed that he would kind of narrow down who he would want me to meet and within just a few days that exactly what happened. If anything changes I will be sure to update you guys on it.

Back