• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Need to learn

RussianPolyGirl

☠ BANNED ☠
Female
my home and my family had been destroyed in the war in the east of Ukraine. So I came to Germany. It is a wounderful country, but I miss family. I feel very lonley and unsafe. Some weeks ago I met a mormon family. they told me lots about polygamy and that it is the best way (only way?) to a strong family.

I would like to learn more about it and talk to people who live it

Hi and welcome to Biblical Families. There's lots of information here about all aspects of marriage and family so you'll find answers to your questions as you read. Take your time and enjoy the journey.

I am sorry to read of your home and family being destroyed - what a terrible thing to go through. I don’t think the advice the Mormon family gave you is accurate though. The best way to a strong family is to put God first and to serve Him in all your ways. Like others here, I think one way this is manifest here and now is through patriarchal families which follow God’s design. Not every family should consist of more than one wife, but that is a valid option. Some husbands that take on multiple wives destroy their marriages, though I would say this is either because the husband or one of the wives is not truly seeking God OR the husband or one of the wives is not ready for the responsibility of a patriarchal plural marriage. Anyhow, the point is really this: seek God first. If you aren’t married, and you seek to be married, seek a man who puts God first in his life, not a man who puts you first. If he happens to already have a wife, then recognize this is a valid option that brings considerable blessings into the lives of many.

Shalom and welcome.

While we are not a dating or hook-up site, we are definitely a great place to learn, grow and interact with a bunch of awesome people. Feel free to ask questions and read a lot.

Welcome to biblical families!

I suspect most here might hesitate to reccomend polygamy, not because there is anything wrong with the practice, but because most don't have a biblically structured marriage that can handle the stress of an addition.

Should you find a couple/family that is the exception to the modern rule, it is an option to consider.

I hope you find the information you seek and get a better idea of the feasability and also the challenges that accompany a polygynous marriage.

Welcome to the forum!
Some weeks ago I met a mormon family. they told me lots about polygamy and that it is the best way (only way?) to a strong family.
If you look at your own experience of your family and others you have known through your life, you will quickly realise that you know many examples of strong monogamous families. So you already know polygamy is not the only way to a strong family. It's also arguable that it is the best way - it's more complicated than monogamy, so more likely to fail.
However, for the right people, when God leads it, it will result in a stronger family due to the larger team being able to support each other through any problem ('a cord of three strands is not easily broken').

If you are lonely and hurting, first seek comfort in God. He will then lead you to a husband if that is part of His way of comforting you.

I'd be glad to discuss this further with you. I've been watching the sad situation in eastern Ukraine for years, from both sides, and it would be good to talk to someone who's actually been there.

I am sad to hear that, sorry I misunderstood. However, your family was living in a situation far more difficult than most families ever have to deal with. So whatever happened, it may be understandable.

A strong polygamous family should be able to cope with such situations better, as it is a larger team. But a weak polygamous family may be more likely to fall apart under such stress, as any existing tension may be amplified. The fundamental question is not polygamy vs monogamy, but rather the attitude of the individuals involved - are they truly committed to each other and to God regardless of the circumstances? How deep is that commitment?

Shalom and welcome
i am sorry to hear about your family and home, praying for YaHWeH to bring you comfort. There is a lot of info on this forum and so much knowledge to gain from the dear brothers and sisters here.

Welcome. Glad you found us.

You may be interested in the ladies only chat. I think it is Monday or Tuesday evenings US time. Not sure what it is your time. But if you are interested and can't find it I am sure someone will help you.

Dobro pozhal. tak zhalko 4to ctaboi slu4ilas. Pyct G-spod itselaet tebya. Ya sam ne mogy dazhe predstavlat takoi kashmar.
Ya mezhdu pro4em amerikanets zhil v'Kiyve 10 let nazad; zanimalsa po-ruski kogda studentom biyl; potom stal missionerom (poetomy govoru tvoi yaziyk) O4en rad 4to tiy teper na Biblical Families.

Dobro pozhal. tak zhalko 4to ctaboi slu4ilas. Pyct G-spod itselaet tebya. Ya sam ne mogy dazhe predstavlat takoi kashmar.
Ya mezhdu pro4em amerikanets zhil v'Kiyve 10 let nazad; zanimalsa po-ruski kogda studentom biyl; potom stal missionerom (poetomy govoru tvoi yaziyk) O4en rad 4to tiy teper na Biblical Families.
I have no idea what this says, but I liked it just because it looks so cool.

Shalom and welcome. I'm sorry dor.ur family. Prayer stops u all. Ask Hashem first and learn here what u need.. there is alot of information on the site for you to see and learn. Shalom

I went to Google Translate, it says it's Russian it pretty much quoted the same thing in English, and I still don't know what it says. LOL

Back