• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request New home

Daniel DeLuca

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
As some of you may be aware, we sold our house, three years ago, and rented a small apartment while our new house was being built. When I saw that it wasn't going to work out financially, and that we would just end up losing the house if we went through with it, I decided to back out. We have been stuck in this tiny two bedroom apartment for the past three years, each year watching as the management has jacked up our rent year after year.

We found a rental 3 bedroom duplex town home, and we looked at it yesterday, and we got approved and the rent is lower that we currently pay, and our lease is running out (one month from today, in fact), which means they were going to jack it up again. Also, this place has a one car garage, which means we can get our stuff out of storage, so we won't have to pay that every month either.

So, with a huge sigh of relief I am praising God for showing us a place we can afford, and not too late either, because we were concerned about having to pay month to month rates, but we will need some prayer that our move will go smoothly. We are moving back out, not so close to town, but not as far out away from everything, as we were when we had a house. We also won't be living so close to our friends, the Nystrom's, but Georgetown (where this duplex is) is not too far away from them. :)

Last edited:
Praying

Prayers

It sounds like another answer to your prayers.

Let me know if you need any help moving, or anything else we can do for you during this transition.
I most definitely will. Thanks for the offer!

If any other BFers happen to be in the Austin area around the end of this month or beginning of next month, and happens to have two or more wives, it would sure be nice to use this opportunity to get my wife to interact with them! I am planning on getting her to come to the next retreat, whenever that is, but I haven't gotten her to where she is fully submissive, yet, which means she may have to experience severe consequences for refusing to submit, but that won't change the fact that I will have to wait for yet another retreat, for that to take place. I told her that I would get her some help with the packing, but she insisted that she didn't want that. I backed down somewhat, but told her that if that is not going well, I will get her some help. Most likely, she will need help with cleaning up the place, after everything has been shipped, so even though I did back down somewhat (shrug), I strongly believe that ultimately, she will accept that help out of desperation, anyhow. Her reason for not wanting to accept help, is because she is ashamed at how messy our apartment is. It has nothing to do with where that help will come from.

Well thanks so much to both Chris and Ruth Ann, who helped us get some boxes moved and get a bunch of our junk out of storage! Thanks to them, we were able to get a bunch of junk loaded up into our garage, and won't have to pay the storage fees on the larger unit. In addition, I had a friend from church, whom I have spoken with about polygamy, mind you, who came out yesterday to help us get more stuff out of storage. I mentioned this friend in my thread about Making Progress on the Church Acceptance Front, and he had a lot of good questions for me, so he got a good chance to see how I interact with my wife and my two boys, when I am not in church, where most people like to put up their guard. It is good for someone like that to have a chance to see someone such as myself, whom he knows desires polygamy, act in a genuine, loving manner with my family, when there is no preacher around. :)

Glad you were able to get some additional help. Sorry about that second night. I replied to your text, but never heard anything else.

Do you need help this weekend, too? I am available Friday night, and part of Saturday (I think). I am on-call this week and have network maintenance this Saturday, so can help only part of the day. Probably could help Sunday afternoon, too, Let me know.

We will have the truck on Saturday. That is when we need the most help. I'll get it at 8:30 and return it in the evening when we are done with it. Sunday, is our 18 year wedding anniversary, so I don't see us doing much other than celebrating that, and hopefully we will have most everything moved by then. On Friday evening, we will need to go out to the place and clear a path in the garage, in order to make the move easier on Saturday. That sofa is the biggest thing we need to get moved, and that "fireplace" thing, is one of the heaviest pieces of furniture. I am so not looking forward to moving those things.

UHaul has a section that you can hire movers. Pretty cheap, by the hour. We always use them when we move. They show up, move your stuff off the truck/on to the truck, put it where you want it and then they are done.

But if Chris is free, I'd go with that option. :)

UHaul has a section that you can hire movers. Pretty cheap, by the hour. We always use them when we move. They show up, move your stuff off the truck/on to the truck, put it where you want it and then they are done.

But if Chris is free, I'd go with that option. :)
That’s good to know.
We used some one time, but I didn’t know that it was a company-wide practice.

Reactions: Cap
The only time I have ever used movers, is when the company I started working for, paid the movers. I was obligated to pay back the pro-rated sign on bonus and costs of moving, and the moving bonus, if I left within the first 12 months. I stuck it out for 6 years.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, I used movers two other times, when moving from one apt to another.

Last edited:
I did that too a long time ago when computer companies use to hire full-time W2. They would pay to move you. Now all they want is contract workers and your on your own to get there, much less benefits. Last time I did that was moving from Minnesota after they paid for us to get there. Did my two year contract so I wouldn't have to reimburse moving expenses and got out. Nice place for people who love freezers, but I couldn't take it. Found uhaul movers to get out and have been using them ever since.

Well we did end up hiring two movers for two hours. $150 bucks! Ouch! Poor guys only get paid $12 an hour! Hmmm! $150 - $12 X 4 = $102. Wife was disappointed to hear they only got that amount, but it was her idea to call them.

Back