• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New Member Intro

He’s not exaggerating about anything. Also be cautious around @CatieF she’s sketchy and feisty.

Come to think of it. Pretty much everyone here is scrappy.

I call dibs on Takashi Takeda.
That’s what we should do instead of seasoned member. We should get to pick Mortal Kombat characters based off of member points.

Every so often we can change the theme! It can be Star Wars for a while, then Firefly, The Man From Snowy River, etc and so on. That would be a lot of fun.

Welcome.

Not that you have embraced the principle have you reached out to any Fundamentalist Mormon groups? I have a bunch of Fundamentalist Mormon friends from other online polygamy forums that I have visited over the years.
Thsnk you. Yes, I have, I've actually joined a group known as the Righteous Branch. I am still trying to find online groups off Facebook though.

Welcome! I am sure you will find something of interest here. I was curious if LDS men believe in Patriarchy? Or is Partnership marriage more common? I lived in Utah for almost 2 years and the biggest take away with folks that I talked to about polygamy was that the first wife had a higher standing than any other wife coming into the family after her. I was told that the first wife "ruled" over the other wives in certain areas. Do you know if that is a common understanding with young plural LDS families? Just to let you know, I am a first wife. ;)
It depends on the group / individuals, I believe in biblical patriarchy myself. That makes it harder still to find a wife... But such is the road and journey of following Christ. In some communities the first wife is "ruler" over the others, in my mind that is more symbolic and less absolute because the husband has the final say. But having a "director" wife can be useful, but that should go to the most able, not necessarily the longest married. With that said it would be the husband's prerogative to appoint as he sees fit. Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything.

@Wanlorn

Hello James,

Your journey sounds similar to neighbors of ours who left the main LDS due to their belief in plural marriage. They're nice people and we had them over for Thanksgiving and did I mention they're really nice people?

And like we welcomed them to our home and to our table I'd like to welcome you to BF! :)
Thank you for your welcome. I appreciate their struggle, it is difficult. Thank you for being kind to your neighbors also, that is truly a Christ like thing to do. 😊

Welcome, @FollowingHim instituted a heading to threads that will help avoid some of those debates. Any thread labeled “Meat” is one where endless and biting argumentation, satirization and unalloywd character assassination can and most likely will be deployed in a no holds barred arena dedicated to the destruction of all things not true. You may want to be circumspect in those threads.

There are other headings that designate other focuses for some threads but those are stupid and boring and I never took the time to see what they were. I would imagine one is probably something like “Rainbows” and the other is “Gay”.

There’s also the woman’s section but be careful there. Both @Joleneakamama and @MeganC can be brutal.

Maybe we should have a children’s section?

At any rate, welcome to Mortal Kombat. I’m Johnny Cage or Goro depending on my rather unpredictable emotional state at any given moment. Most of the other character names are unclaimed as of right now so you can take your pick except for Raiden (@steve ) and Liu Kang ( @nathan ) . Fight!
I'll pass on the fighting. Thanks for the invitation however.

Welcome!

I'll be joining you in the 49 club here in a few days.

We hope you find us friendly. 🤗

Since this is "Biblical families", I do have to point out that the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is God with us, and that all things were made by and for Him. He alone is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except by Him. By His wounds, we are healed.

Welcome!

I'll be joining you in the 49 club here in a few days.

We hope you find us friendly. 🤗

Since this is "Biblical families", I do have to point out that the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is God with us, and that all things were made by and for Him. He alone is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except by Him. By His wounds, we are healed.
Technically I'm 49 on the 26 of December... But at our age, what's a few days? 🤣

my spiritual journey has taken me through many iterations of my faith, constantly growing and becoming closer to my Father in Heaven. One of the biggest changes recently in my beliefs is that Polygyny is a true principle of the Bible.
Most denominations want to restrict members to their doctrinal statement.
I was raised Mormon, and have lots of family still there. I married a man with strong faith that told me upfront he was not going to join a church. We are on good terms with my family....and I see all denominations differently now because I'm kind of on the outside looking in.

After being open to the possibility for many years, my husband now has a second.

Few are willing to use just the Bible as their foundation for faith and walk.

I hope you enjoy the cross denomination and international influences on the forum. I think it makes for superior Bible studies!

That’s what we should do instead of seasoned member. We should get to pick Mortal Kombat characters based off of member points.

Every so often we can change the theme! It can be Star Wars for a while, then Firefly, The Man From Snowy River, etc and so on. That would be a lot of fun.
Snort! We'd all sound like parents of many after awhile if that theme changed....going down a list of names before landing on the right one. I'll pass!
Mortal Kombat I don't know....that list of shows is alright though.

New baby is Clancy.

Back