• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New Singles Issues section

Doc

Real Person
Just letting new (and older) folks know we have a new section under Marriage and Family Discussions called "Singles Issues"

viewforum.php?f=59

Please check it out!

They talked of the loneliness of the long distance runner working out. I believe the loneliness of the old unmarried polygynist is worse. At least the runner can rejoin friends before and after the lonely long distance run. The lonely old unmarried polygynist has no such hope or experience. As a Bible believing evangelical, fundamental and orthodox believer I am rejected by 98% of the churches in any area as soon as they are aware of what I believe.. How do you do Hebrews 10:25 when you find yourself unwelcome at most of the churches? Online with Zoom? Let me know if you know of such a group. My six former wives have chosen to be just friends with me and live with their children now, except for two who want no further contact with me. I am blessed to have the friendship and fellowship of the wonderful godly woman I hope to marry someday but 2000 miles, COVID vaccinations and government laws prevent us from being face to face so we cannot legally or physically be married. So we are online daily thanks to social media, but that can be lost at any time. So as an 81 year old and unmarried polygynist it is a very long and very lonely run and life. Seeking fellowship with those accepting Biblical polygyny..

I know that it sounds simplistic, but find someone or several someones that you can help in some way.
If you can, read to people who cannot read anymore.
Maybe help provide food for those who cannot prepare it for themselves.
Probably neither of these, but become open to finding needs.

Ask Yah to show you needs that you can supply.

Seeking fellowship with those accepting Biblical polygyny..
This is the best place I know of to find like minded people. There are meet-ups and retreats but finding a church group will be a challenge. I make it a point of not telling people of my polygyny situation as much as possible.

In polygyny part of your identity, @elkanahtyler?

This could be cause of your problem. To me it seems that you feel misunderstood and accepted when somebody don't accept biblical polygyny. This is not good basis for friendship.

Seeking fellowship with those accepting Biblical polygyny..
I'll just echo that this is the most comprehensive organization providing support for Biblical polygyny, but the online aspect is a shadow of what is available at the in-person gatherings. One is in the works for late summer in Tennessee. I know that's a long way from Idaho, but I've driven half-way across the country a number of times and have never been disappointed by it. In fact, my least favorite one (which was also a blessing) took place in my then home state.

We can do so much more for each other in the flesh.

But I'm entirely on board with @steve's suggestion: take the focus off yourself; meet the needs of people for whom you can easily perform functions that may border on impossible for them to accomplish on their own. Doing this brings blessing to the giver, even beyond the satisfaction of making a difference and getting one's vision out of one's own wall-of-mirrors effect; it's a distraction from self-pity, which has as an inescapable side effect causing others to want to avoid us.

Know, though, that I and others here comprehend full well what you're talking about when you say you're "seeking fellowship with those accepting Biblical polygyny." The suppression that seems necessary throughout most of our lives suddenly disappears when in the company of like-minded people. Just last week when we were at the Orange Beach retreat that very subject was discussed more than once: it's not just about polygamy, polygamy, polygamy; when with each other we also find that we have the freedom to discuss a whole host of other topics without significant fear of condemnation. I pray you will find a way to join us in person.

I echo what Steve mentioned. This is advice I’ve given and followed myself over the years and have whispered “when in need, give to someone in need” more than a handful of times to my mind and heart. It’s pushed my focus away from me and back on the Lord regardless of my own situation’s outcome.

Back