• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New to the idea of PM

Mikki G.

Female
Hi hello ladies. My name is Mikeda or Keda. I am 31 and have been happily married to an amazing man for alittle over a year now but we have been together for almost 3 years. So I have been doing research on PM and as of now I'm not in a PM but support it. Question though, I have heard ever since I was a kid that it's One man One woman and was wondering, how did u ladies feel about PM when u first entered it? Why did u choose to do PM? And how has PM blessed u and ur families? I am a psychology student and am really intrigued with PM. I hope u lovely ladies don't mind me asking so many questions. Just really intrigued. Thanks ladies

Hi, it's nice to have you here. :)

I entered my marriage as a third wife, but I still had (and continue to have) a lot of struggles with plural marriage. I felt excited about it because I watched Sister Wives, and I saw the loving, fun part of it. I glossed over the rest. I wanted friendship with other wives, joy with children, and I wanted romance with a husband. I thought poly would be the way to get it all and still get the opportunity to go to school/work/spend my time as I wanted. Since then, I've realized that it isn't so simple (and isn't all about me getting what I want, that's for sure!), but it's still a blessing. I do help to keep the household running, and I get to go to school, have children, and work without worrying about anything else. I have so much support all of the time.

Oh wow that's awesome. Yeah I was first introduced to PM through the Mormon church. (MY mom and aunt were baptized Mormon but I was raised southern Baptist) I have tried reaching out to others who live PM and are Mormon but have the door basically shut in my face when they learn that I am of African American decent. And I have constantly been told that since I am half black I cannot do PM because it isn't right. I have felt absolute isolation because of my race. So another question would be, what do biblical familes think of interracial marriges? Is it Ok? Is it frowned upon? I am interested in PM, would I never be able to because I am part black? This is a really big concern of mine. I do not wish to be isolated

Hey there!
I don't really have the time (sorry, just about dinner time) to give you a lengthy response. :) But, I've NEVER read anything, biblically, that suggests race plays any sort of part in biblical marriage. I will admit, however, I'm not the most learned bible-believer. But, I think you'll find yourself in good company here. :)

We're probably all part black somewhere along the way. Honestly, we're all a giant mix of everything. I look white, but what does that even mean? When I hang out in the sun I go darker, does that change my race?
Skin colour and any judgement based on it or the race it comes from is stupid. No one here believes in that nonsense or will judge you for it. Live your life the way God is showing you to, PM or not, and not based on what anyone else thinks or the colour of your skin.

Oh, and welcome to Biblical Families! :D.

Hey there!
I don't really have the time (sorry, just about dinner time) to give you a lengthy response. :) But, I've NEVER read anything, biblically, that suggests race plays any sort of part in biblical marriage. I will admit, however, I'm not the most learned bible-believer. But, I think you'll find yourself in good company here. :)
Oh yay. Oh that makes my heart so glad. Thank u

We're probably all part black somewhere along the way. Honestly, we're all a giant mix of everything. I look white, but what does that even mean? When I hang out in the sun I go darker, does that change my race?
Skin colour and any judgement based on it or the race it comes from is stupid. No one here believes in that nonsense or will judge you for it. Live your life the way God is showing you to, PM or not, and not based on what anyone else thinks or the colour of your skin.

Oh, and welcome to Biblical Families! :D.
Oh that's so awesome to hear. The issue of race has been such a wall for me to get over. I am just me. Just me.

Also, I don't make it often, but has anyone told you about the Tuesday Night Ladies' Chat? It's here 7:30 Eastern time. :)

Sorry if that offended anyone.

Definitely, no offense taken. I understand the things you have heard. I am a mixed up cookie myself. When I came to this understanding, I felt individuals negative thoughts concerning having a person of colour as a possible next. There are also some very great individuals who look beyond the outer skin colour......

The colour of your skin does not dictate who you are as an individual.....

Definitely, no offense taken. I understand the things you have heard. I am a mixed up cookie myself. When I came to this understanding, I felt individuals negative thoughts concerning having a person of colour as a possible next. There are also some very great individuals who look beyond the outer skin colour......

The colour of your skin does not dictate who you are as an individual.....
Oh man I wish I could like this a million times over. I couldn't agree more

Welcome Mikki! It was very nice having you at chat last night. I hope you will return and let us get to know you better. I encourage you to read (and sift thru) as many postings that catch your eye as you can. Just remember that some are very old posts and that might change your response to them. But it is totally fine to comment on an old thread and bring it to the front again. Gives others a chance to see it too and hopefully learn and grow. :)

Welcome Mikki! It was very nice having you at chat last night. I hope you will return and let us get to know you better. I encourage you to read (and sift thru) as many postings that catch your eye as you can. Just remember that some are very old posts and that might change your response to them. But it is totally fine to comment on an old thread and bring it to the front again. Gives others a chance to see it too and hopefully learn and grow. :)
Last night's women's chat was great. I really enjoyed it

I'm not Mormon. I'm a Christian who believes that God allows and blesses plural marriage. We should not judge one another by the color of this fleshly body because we are all a spirit inside of a soul. Our spirit does not have a color. I married into what society calls a black family. This is my beautiful family.

Attachments

• 21034416_1199938173483023_2451995082689743199_n.jpg
    21034416_1199938173483023_2451995082689743199_n.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 33
Back