• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New traveling members

Welcome!

I'd love to hear more about your Celtic Christian faith. As we were studying the history of polygamy here on this forum we figured out that their faith was historically polygamous.

Hello , My husband and I are new as well ! I have never heard of Celtic Christianity . Can you please tell me about it or point me to a good video or source to read about what you practice . I would hate to get misinformation so if you would be so kind as to indulge me I would appreciate it. :)

Welcome! Glad to have you here. If your wife has the time, we would love to get to know her. She will just need to make her own account to post in the Ladies Only section.

Welcome! Glad to have you here. If your wife has the time, we would love to get to know her. She will just need to make her own account to post in the Ladies Only section.
there is a ladies only section ? how do i get to that?

https://holycelticchurch.weebly.com/ is a good “overview” site to begin with.
Very interesting. So, am I right to understand that the church is a modern creation of Irish Anglicans trying to get back to their roots by re-examining liberal Catholicism and their Celtic heritage, and attempting to harmonise these influences?

What is the church's position with regards to polygamy - and why is that position held? I note that the FAQ on this site states:
On non-theological issues which preoccupy some churches our views are progressive and in tune with the majority of enlightened people in civilized countries. We believe that sexuality - whether gay or straight - is a good thing and encourage clergy to have healthy sexual relationships, or be celibate if that is their calling. We believe that divorce and birth control should be available to all who need them and we also believe in equal civil marriage, and bless the partnerships of same-sex couples, when requested to do so.
If polygamy is deemed acceptable, is that just because everything is acceptable, and both the scriptural & traditional rules on sexuality have been wholesale abandoned?

Interesting. Some promising emphases from their Celtic tradition. Unfortunately it looks an awful lot like a bunch of Anglican/Catholic priests wanted a church where they could be out of the closet.

Back