• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New Years Retreat comments - Wow

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
I'm just barely home, and we can't even warm up here in Florida (we are going to freeze 4 of the next 5 nights!) - but our hearts are warm, and the cold couldn't get us down, after what was the biggest (and I dare say best) retreat we've had yet. 75 people in total made the trip, many from 500+ miles away, and the fellowship was incredible! The only complaint I've heard: once again, it was too short. (How can we manage a week-long retreat?)

One person (who won't be named!) admitted they said to themselves: "I'm going, but I won't talk, I won't enjoy myself, I'll just get through the day." and repented quickly of that after completely enjoying their time.

My family was totally blessed: spending time with old friends, and making new friends (so much so that we're bringing some home with us!)

Highlights for me were praying for some individual families Saturday night, and skipping most of the men's session to take 22 kids on a hike. (I think I'll be doing that often!)

I can't wait to see what God has for us at Branson and Tennessee...

Nathan, Lacey and I would like to say how much we enjoyed our first retreat. It was a blessing to us to have met all of the group and felt really comfortable. Lacey made it even better by having my potential future wife Vanessa with us. It was great to have been in a room filled with people who believe in what we do and to have there blessings on a bright future. The fellowship was awesome and very helpful to Lacey, Vanessa and me. Keep praying for us and that my relationship with Vanessa will continue to blossom and she will become my wife in the near future. Please keep Lacey in your thoughts and prayers because her foot will be operated on this Wednesday. We will continue to pray for everyone and hope to see you all again soon.

Thank You Biblical Families,

James and Lacey Hunt!

it is colder at home. we had lots of fun. it was so good meeting others like us. i hadn't been in corporate worship since we got the boot in June. it made me cry to be able to sing praises to God with other believers again.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate their participation in the New Year's Retreat as well. We reconnected with old friends and made LOTS of new ones.

We are offering a survey for your feedback on the retreat. We encourage you to fill it out and get it back to us before January 7, 2010.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PWJKYL7

We will also be sending this link by email as well.

Don't forget that this coming Sunday evening we will be having a special Biblical Families radio broadcast that will recap the New Years Retreat! We want you to be sure to tune in and be sure to CALL IN! We want to hear from you this coming Sunday night!!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/biblical-families

Many many many Blessings!!!!!!

I had a great time as well. It was great seeing all those I had already met and meeting new people as well. these retreats are always refreshes for me and I always leave motivated and longing for the next one to come up.

Kim says hi to everyone and she will see you at both branson and tennessee.

I had a wonderful time at the retreat. Got to be with two of the most loving people I've ever met Lacey and James. And met so many other great people. I felt very welcomed and learned quite a bit from others at the retreat. And I agree, it was too short of a time.

Thank you all for your hospitality,

Vanessa

I must say that I came to the retreat nervous, not really knowing what to expect when I got there. I was a bit overwhelmed when I first walked in and saw so many people. But as the time marched on and I got to know some people, I really opened up and felt very comfortable. I had a really great time and was sad for having to leave all my new friends. I loved the fellowship that I experienced. I look forward to another time of fellowship with you guys again! It's sad to feel more at home among strangers than among those you have known forever. Thanks everyone!! I learned so much.

I really liked the way one person put it during the retreat "Every time we have a retreat it's like a Family Reunion"........and I would like to add, it is a Family Reunion where everyone gets along and has a good time (I don't know about you, but I've been to some interesting family - 'family reunions' in my life :shock: ) There is always such a strong feeling of warmth, love and acceptance........with so many different backgrounds in denominations, and yet we can come together not just because we are in agreement about PM and marriage/family in general....... but in Christ.......so many different 'members', all a part of the same 'Body'! And, even though there were so many new people at this retreat, it STILL felt like a reunion of ALL! By the time we have our 'around the room' introductions on Friday evening, you walk away with the feeling that you have known each and every person before you ever met.

I can say for our family, personally, that every retreat we have ever attended has helped to strenghten each of us as individuals and also as a family unit! I don't think there are enough words to express our appreciation to Nathan and his family, and everyone else who helps to pull these retreats together. What a testimony of Christ's love to witnesss the cheerful and willing service of His people.......I may not be aware of everyone who was involved, but I know that several woman served in one way or another (food, help with kids, etc.) and with such a willing spirit! Our family has had a particularly rough time this past year, and both the retreat in May and again this January, have been a godsend of help and blessing to all of us.

I highly encourage everyone who is anywhere near a retreat to do whatever you can do to get to one..........no matter how much each of us share about the retreats, words alone cannot do them justice!! I hope the retreat in Branson is just as wonderful (I'm sure it will be).....and we look forward to joining everyone again in Tennessee (counting the days :D )

Thanks again to EVERYone who had a part in organizing and serving at the retreat in GA!

Shari

PS: I'm sory Don forgot to tell our cornfield story again, D....... I hope you weren't too dissappointed ;)

We had a wonderful time and as always wish it could have been longer. We loved making new friends and getting to visit with old friends. :D Forgot to get some contact info from new friends like Sue and her family but hope to correct that. learned a few things and hope to continue growing in Christ.
:idea: We have decided to get our new property fixed up as soon as possible and host a mini-retreat here. If anyone would like to go for a weekend mini-retreat near Newnan, GA let us know so we can make plans and set a date.
Blessings and hugs, hope to see all at the Tenn. retreat. :)

Tugaloo-meaning a fork in the river/road in Cherokee. This type of conference will cause you to consider your choose of following God's will. It was a place to get encouragement and find other believers who will support you. The meetings were hosted by people willing to cover any topics. It was a blessed time of fellowship to be with those who are willing to stand up for the cause of Christ for today's family. I joined up with those who are taking the road less traveled by. The road/river may be rough but the scenery is the best.

The retreat was very good. I wasn't there long but the men's session was a lot of fun and all of the families were beautiful. There were a lot of kids! Which is to be expected but I never heard any whining or crying or fighting. That was a pretty ringing endorsement in my book. It was great to meet all of you. Hope to see you again soon.

As always, retreats are so fascinating to go to. I so enjoy meeting so many different kinds of people. It was such a blessing to get to know all the ladies a bit and I look forward to growing those relationships as the years go by. I personnally want to thank Cindy and DeeAnn for all the help with the food preparation. It really took a great burden off of me. Thank you!

One of the things that stood out to me was when Doc said, "It is not about PM, it is really about your relationship with God." That is so true! I am honored to grow in my relationship with God alongside all of you.

Julieb

Hi, guys!

The retreat was great!, just wished it was a bit warmer. Here it's supposed to be even colder this weekend and I see a storm system coming in.

I especially enjoyed this one because I got a chance to see some of my shortcomings and now more than ever have a strong desire to be a better leader in my family and make sure we stay under God. It's a journey that I am looking forward to doing more of. I hope we can do some local fellowshipping with friends here and in our areas. It feels like a wilderness out there and we must strengthen each other. Family is important and having a Godly family to me is not an option.
Greeting from Mid West Georgia..

Oscar

By the way, it was great meeting all the new faces. God is really doing something in this fellowship.

Blessings,

Oscar

Ever look around at church for the kids? How many of them are there?

Look around at a BF Retreat. Carefully. Or you'll stumble over 3 or 4 of 'em! As many or more kids attend as adults! That does my heart good!

I missed most of the session stuff at this retreat, but had so much fun meeting and getting acquainted with folks. Especially got a kick out of certain people of the South Florida persuasion who were mightily impressed with a) mountains, and b) the cold.

The private conversations did so much good for my soul, even without the sessions, I can't wait for the next retreat!

I for one am glad to have gone to this retreat! Our first one was a little scary (the Las Vegas one) :eek: ! But this one was great! I enjoyed meeting everyone and our kids had a great time too! And the food......wow is all I can say! What hard work Cindy and DeeAnn put into it all! We're looking forward to the Springfield one coming up! Hope to see everyone there! Maybe I can talk the group into going to my favorite sushi spot, too..... ;)

Shawna

I'm glad to have been there too. I learned alot and hope too grow some new friendships. Thank you all for being so welcoming to our family. Blessings. -D

I'll be at the MO one! I wanna go! lol. My son wants to go so I'll probably take him as well as a few members who are a lil nervous but hopefully they'll come around! :D

Back