• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New Year's Retreat recap

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
My family is already here at our south Georgia retreat location, setting up shop for this weekend's fellowship and food. Please be in prayer for the many families who will be on the road tomorrow headed this way, and pray for our time together this weekend - we are excited to have Bill Luck joining us and speaking, and for the all the new families that are we will get to meet. We're looking forward to great weekend - if you aren't making it, please lift us up, and plan on making a retreat in 2011!

(I hope to video record some sessions this weekend, and we'll see if we are able to make them available in some fashion.)

Thanks!, Nathan

Re: Please pray for New Year's Retreat

with you in spirit

Re: Please pray for New Year's Retreat

Lifting up all of your BF family this weekend! Wish we could be there!

My family got home from GA last night, and we're stilling taking in how the retreats have grown in depth over the last 2 years. We had 32 adults (I lost count of the children) present, and we had some absolutely incredible teaching from Dr Allen and from Bill Luck. Dr Allen encouraged us to move towards being Real Men (Supermen even!). And what a blessing it was to have Professor Luck join us and share out his wealth of Biblical knowledge and understanding - we found it hard to stop for lunch (the kids were starving!) and to stop for the night, close to 11pm. I hope to be able to post a few videos of his sessions soon. I was struck by the intensity of the desire for teaching from the Word at this retreat - and it's something we intend to continue. The guys really enjoyed our time together under the trees - and God held the rain until it was time go back inside! I'll take the rain and the warmth over the 20-degrees we had last New Years in north Georgia!
(God is "raining up a movement", don't you know! :) )

The only thing missing was... you! (except for 32 of you). We are turning our attention to a retreat schedule for 2011, watch the newsletter for a schedule soon.

I enjoyed the prayer, food, music, fellowship, teaching, the location, and well, I just enjoyed it all. Impossible to list all the blessings.

Nathan,

Let me just say that I enjoyed the entire weekend once again. It was a wonderful time of fellowship, worship, prayer and learning.

I know that I personally have grown from this and it has been absolutely wonderful. The Lord is doing some really great things inside this organization and I am so excited to be a part of it all!

I enjoyed getting to hang out with JulieB and the kiddos Saturday night. It is such a blessing to see parents bringing their children to these retreats so that they can grow up knowing what the Bible says about marriage rather than swallow the lies (as many of us have in our lifetimes) that are fed to us by the culture in which we live. Every time I think about the fact that we are raising up a new generation behind us that will further the Kingdom I am utterly speechless. I want to thank all of the parents who brought their children and who are teaching them what the Bible says. That is the most important thing a parent can ever do for their child.

It was a wonderful weekend. Thank you Nathan, JulieB, and Nita for organizing and planning and working the way you all do to get these things off the ground. You always do an amazing job with it and I am so thankful for a place where we can all go to worship the Lord. It also just happens to be a place where we are safe to discuss our views on plural marriage! Thank you for making that a reality Benders!!!

In His Grace,
CB

Had a blast, met new, lovely and fascinating people. Got to hug folks I love, and it was a marvelous way to start the new year. I never get tired of hearing peoples' stories and am fascinated by the way God has revealed Himself to each on as they journey.

A royal treat to be sure.

It is such a blessing to see God at work in the lives of others.

I'm thankful for the powerful teaching I received and for the time of prayer for one another throughout the days.

If you are reading this and you've never made it to one of these then I strongly urge you to do all you can to set in stone plans to attend one.

I imagine you too will receive a great blessing.

It was a wonderful time for sure! Really enjoyed meeting new faces and hearing what God has been doing in everyone's lives. I'm with you, Ali! The kids were great and very flexible when it started to rain. :)

Thank you to all the ladies who helped in the kitchen and everyone who helped with set up and break down. It was much appreciated!

Stephanie and I had a wonderful time. It was a true blessing from God and can not wait til the next one. Meeting all of you was a true blessing from God.

We Love All You All
Tim and Steph

Back