• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New Zealand Comedy

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
New Zealand comedy can be quite a bit different to American comedy. This is a show that really captures it quite well.
It's called Wellington Paranormal, and is following a couple of cops as they investigate paranormal activity around the city of Wellington.
Not safe for kids.
Enjoy!

I'm hoping this link works, it's possible you can't view it except in NZ. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Mine said invalid address.
Bugger :/ (said fairly frequently in NZ, unless you're around Samuel's parents....)

I had a look at the website and it says you need to be in NZ to view it, but one of the things it goes off is checking your time zone status on your computer, so changing that might work.
Otherwise, use Jolene's phone ;).

Or you might just have to take my word for it that it's some of the best comedy around.

To put it in context for you Americans, it's directed by the guy that did hunt for the wilderpeople and thor ragnarok, and one of the men from flight of the conchords. It's a low-budget parody of police reality tv shows (you know the ones where there's a cameraman in the back of a cop car following them around). Completely deadpan humour. The only American thing I can think of that has anything like the tone of this is napoleon dynamite.

Ok. So it wouldn't actually let me watch it with the app, so I had to settle for some trailer type clips on you tube.
Totally a make fun of "real" (NOT) cop shows. I think any "reality tv" is a joke in a class if it's own, so it was funny indeed to see them make funnies about ride along cop shows.

This is quite funny since we have so much difficulty watching American stuff over here, it's interesting to see the same problem happening in the other direction also.

"Whoops! Looks like you’re trying to watch from outside of New Zealand. Our videos are only available to watch within New Zealand due to rights issues."

I am going to have use my secret computer skills (a NZ proxy?) to watch.

Is Jemaine Clement in it? We LOVED Flight of the Conchords. That show was SO funny.

Apparently you can now watch this in the USA. It's just reached #1 for streamed shows there. Well worth the watch if you can find it!

Whoops! Looks like you're trying to watch from outside of New Zealand. Our videos are only available to watch within New Zealand due to rights issues.

Back