• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Newbie from Montana

heartofGod

Hello Everyone,
New to the site as of tonight. I have soooo many questions. This lifestyle has been on my heart for many years, but I'm not sure where Biblically it is sound and applys to today...
I have shared my heart with my husband who is an amazing man of God and he very suprisingly said he wasn't opposed, which was huge because my husband is VERY conservative and we've only thought of this as being a "mormon" thing to be honest. Ignorance I know...but that is why I am here. But we are afraid we will hurt our children as our daughter is very sensitive and well really is a gifted little girl who is PASSIONATE about her Lord! We are from an AG background which if there are others here, it would be helpful to hear your thoughts as I have that "shame" thing that the AG is so good at instilling in it's youth. I'm rambling...so I'll stop. Suffice it to say I would like to hear from others struggling with "the call" as well.
Thank you,
Donna

Glad to see you here.

The "Resources" page may be a good place to study...

http://biblicalfamilies.org/resources

When you need a break from your studies feel free to participate on the posts, or start a new post of your own.

Some of the resources may also be helpful to your daughter.

Welcome to Biblical Families! I hope you will find help here in questions answered and insights gained as well as fellowship experienced. Will your husband be joining you on our forums? I hope so.

If your daughter is of age she may enjoy interacting with the ladies here, but if she isn't please monitor her exposure here. Let younger ones learn through the parents gleaning. When you are comfortable in doing so, please tell us a little about your self and how you came to this interest. God bless you and your family real good!

Hey heartofgod,

I am a former ordained AG minister, served as a pastor/church planter and on the mission field.

Currently an independent missionary serving in Korea.

Since your background is AG, I might have some insights just for your situation. Feel free to contact me directly by PM or by email.

Blessings

Doc Burkhart

Good morning, HeartOfGod:

Welcome to the community. I second all the good advice stuff above. And would like to offer the following:

As to your daughter? God is Love. Christ is in God, the divine Vine. So He is Love, right? Since you are a branch of that Vine, you are also Love, as well, right? I mean, a branch on a Napa Valley wine grape vine does not normally produce Mangoes, Apples, or Watermelon. Btw, so is your daughter a branch on the Vine, and is therefore Love. It isn't that you HAVE Love, you ARE Love.

As such, can we ever have too much Love? Real, genuine, grade-A, Divinely inspected, blood-washed Love? Nope? Well PM, as we find it in God's Word, is all about that kind of Love. More of it. Approached from this mindset, how can it help but be a blessing to your daughter?

Now as regards "guilt". (Yeah! Get to expose the devil & his lies!)

In Revelations 12, we are told that the devil is the accuser, who accuses us before God day and night. What's more, God does NOT credit us with our sins, they were paid for at the cross.

This annoys and frustrates the devil, so he turns to trying to accuse us directly. What's more, being a liar, he doesn't even care about whether what he accuses us of is actually TRUE or WRONG (for us to have done) in the first place. His goal is simply to kill, steal, and destroy. Create and spread misery wherever possible. He will even misuse scripture to get away with it, reminding us that the Holy Spirit's first stated job is to convict us of sin.

However, his methodology ALWAYS gives him away. For the Holy Spirit's conviction method involves no shame, and no guilt -- all that was taken away at the cross by the One who bore it for us. Instead, the Holy Spirit convicts us by way of INVITATION -- "This is the way, come walk (with Me) in it", when ye turn (off) to the right hand or to the left. (Isaiah something).

Since you are God's, you have no obligation to go along with the devil -- quite the contrary. It is our primary mission in life to DESTROY the works of the devil, wherever found. We don't even have to be POLITE about it. Just very, very conscious of our authority as believers, children of God, joint-heirs with Christ.

So study fearlessly. Follow God's leading joyously -- including His bringing you here. And when the devil tries to lay guilt or shame on you, tell him where to STUFF it. :eek: :D

You have quite a journey ahead of you.

Welcome Donna! I hope you will make some time to connect with some ladies here. We have a Ladies Only forum, public and private, we also do chats on Tuesday nights from 7:30 pm EST to around 9:00 pm EST. The link is at the top of the Forums list. We love newbies so feel free to drop by. (You must have JAVA to run the chat, btw.)

Hope you find lots of good things to think about and good people to build relationship with.

Good morning Donna, and welcome!
I too come from an AG upbringing. I wasn't certain at first about the sanctity of polygyny and it was quite a revelation when I figured it out. That's an understatement ....it rocked my world pretty hard. I went forward with a simple belief and the first time I was challenged with a question that I couldn't answer, I was forced to reexamine everything.
I am not seeking a plural marriage, but I firmly believe that God placed this in my life to draw me closer to Him. In my search to answer those challenges, I've been drawn through so much more of His Word than I ever would have on my own. Some folks frown upon those in our lives who challenge our faith and His Word, but I now understand that God uses them (without their knowledge, of course) to strengthen us for His purpose.
I have now come to an unshakable belief in, not only the sanctity of plural marriage, but in God's divine provision and immense sense of humor. :lol:
We are glad to have you on the forums. I hope that your husband will join us as well. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we love the chance to strengthen one another.

-Will

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I am happy to be here and I am looking forward to delving in to Gods word for clarification and direction. I even asked my Mom this morning if she would join me in my "search" for what God is saying to me regarding plural marriage. She was a little taken back but agreed to join me in prayer and bible study.
And yes I will join the ladies discussion, I think it would be a good thing for me to do!
Again thank you all and hopefully my hubby will take some time to get on and join the discussion.

Blessings,
Donna

We promise not to be argumentative or confrontational. We simply believe what we believe based on the Scriptures. We don't try to proselytize or 'convert' anyone; we believe that the Lord can only convince someone of the truth of plural marriage through the Holy Spirit.

God bless you, your mom, and your husband as you seek His Truth.

Blessings

Doc

PS I replied to you privately as well, so please check your email. Blessings x2!

Donna,

I don't know if you're still on the site, but we too are Ag (Idaho) and it's absolutely been a lifesaver to us. Following the call has been costly in every realm except the farming and ranching communities. (Minus one rancher and former elder friend who used to run his cows with us and now of course won't waive as we drive by.)

Anyways, I'd love to hear your story and what God has done since last fall, especially with your daughter.

Thanks,

Jana Cook
wife 2

Back