• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Nightmares can result from fear

Joleneakamama

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
The post linked here was nominated for this section. The topic is probably worthy of its own thread.

As a teen I was moody, and also dealt with a fair number of disturbing dreams. For a time they were severe enough I dreaded sleeping. Thankfully I stopped fearing the dreams themselves, and got to a point of just shrugging them off. As his post says, making them a battle just sets you up to feel like a failure if they persist, or you cannot control them. I recognize a lot of truth there from experience.

One final thought. Pharoah was deeply disturbed by dreams too, and the meaning (or rather message) was not bad. I now really like the movie Alice in Wonderland, even though the whole story is her graphic and disturbing nightmare. I see parallels in that story and the book of Revelation. It makes me appreciate the "be still and know" approach that is recommended. After all, our God knows the end from the beginning. Trusting Him is trust very well placed.

Back