• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Wife literally fighting me

Disagreement on how can a man be one flesh with more than one woman? Hard for her to get that.

Imagine you're a large strip of duct tape, a wife is a smaller strip in width, when you cleave to her she sticks to you ... but since you're a much wider strip you have space available for other strips. If you add another strip of tape next to her onto you, is the 1st strip any less stuck to you than the 2nd? Your capacity in this analogy to take on additional women/strips would be up to how much you can add without having to remove or reduce any of the current strips.

That's about the easiest visualization I can think of.

Third disagreement, is just in general That Christ's bride is singular and not plural. Hard for her to see that all of us Christians are a plural bride. I do think that she recognizes that God has two wives, nations, though, but that it doesn't really dent her argument of polygyny not being "ideal" for men.

While I disagree with the "Jesus is my husband" idea that many Christian singles (and even some married women) throw around, it is at least ironic to me that most of those women have seemingly no issue at all with sharing Jesus as a "husband", but simultaneously think that polygyny is sinful/wrong/a violation of the marriage picture.

Christ is the head of "every man" but also the head of the "assembly" (church/body) ... in the same way, a man is the head of a "woman" but also his house/body, which can mean he's the head of more than one woman in the body.

Patriarchal headship by design allows for a man to be the head of multiple members of his body, not a requirement, but also not a violation of the design.

For the wife that has a husband, monogamy would seem like the ideal.
But for the woman that can’t find a good husband, how ideal does monogamy look?

All of the sisters need husbands, the idea that they are married in some way to the Holy Spirit or some such is bunk.

While I disagree with the "Jesus is my husband" idea that many Christian singles (and even some married women) throw around, it is at least ironic to me that most of those women have seemingly no issue at all with sharing Jesus as a "husband", but simultaneously think that polygyny is sinful/wrong/a violation of the marriage picture.
The irony is thick.....and HILARIOUS really!

The bridesmaids thing is silly. Jesus actually used the plural word for marriages in both his parables about marriage. Those 5 virgins went in with the bridegroom unto the “marriages”. That’s what Jesus said. Take it up with Him. I find it enormously important that The Word, used that plural word.

Second disagreement, there being multiple interpretations on the 5 virgins going into the marriage chamber with the bridegroom. A common one them being bridesmaids. I think it is a bogus interpretation and explained my thoughts to her. Even before I believed it was acceptable for a man to have more than one wife, I read that parable plainly that He was clearly speaking of marrying 5 women. I even found it to be strange.
The words translated the marriage in Matt. 25:10 are plural in the Greek text.

Matt. 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. The Greek text uses the words τοὺς γάμους meaning the marriages or the weddings. Young’s Literal Translation reads, And while they are going away to buy, the bridegroom came, and those ready went in with him to the marriage-feasts, and the door was shut. This is true not only in Matt. 25:1-13 but also in the parable in Matthew 22:2-14. Repeatedly in Matthew 22:2-14 the reference in the Greek text is to weddings (plural). See v:2, 3, 4, and 9. Jesus thus identifies Himself in the parables as the bridegroom taking many brides to the weddings. Cheers

I don't even think there were "bridesmaids" at weddings at the time, I think that's a more recent Western tradition that is being read into the text.
it could of been the deliverance minister prescribing his own feelings of polygamy toward a man who may have had a spirit of lust in him.
Completely agree. These things are very open to interpretation.

Polygyny is a huge mirror for women. It has a way of revealing all the hidden fears, sins and lies that are in our "hearts." As I read your description of the past 3 months the main thing that came to my mind is witchcraft. Simply put a spirit that desires control thru manipulation on various fronts. I encourage you both to research what the Bible says about witchcraft. Pray against it, bind it and pray for eyes to "see" it at work. Whether you end up having additional wives, being rid of this spirit can only bring blessings to your present marriage relationship. May your wife desire to build her household, over tearing it down believing the lies of witchcraft. Praying for you both.
Your comment was very good. I see common sense and wisdom in the words used

I subdue her in the moment, but she flares up with emotion. Kicking and slapping, and throwing things. In these moments, I just tell her that she is being bad and rebellious to me. Not how a biblical wife is supposed to. Her main issues is, me potentially having a second wife and the ramifications of that, her having to be subject through it, and her "belonging" to me and all the negative connotations with that word. With the last part basically a biblical and historical husband. She wants me to sacrifice having a second wife for the sake of how she feels. For me, I do not see it as my duty to obey her, but the other way around. I'm willing to be there for her, take care of her and how she feels, but I won't be subject to her. This fighting has been going on for about 3 months. She's even willing to attack me in front of the children too. She plays the victim game and says that everything is my fault, though when I'm away at work I don't deal with any issues in my heart like she does. Always threatening to leave, divorce(which since i taught her that a woman has no right in the bible, she's stopped that), and/or separate from me. Which with that she intends to take my children from me. We can calm it down for a time if we both agree not to talk about the "P" word, talk and have fun for maybe two weeks. But she still also doesn't like that I've become more husbandly to her, and speaking more about marriage in general. This even makes her bubble up inside. I've made it clear to her that I'd take a second wife if God gave me one, and that she would not be diminished in my eyes, and also how men are not designed the same as woman. She can only see everything through her feelings, and how she has been taught marriage by our culture. She loves to tell me how ungraceful I am. Now, I am very stoic and to the point, and I love the truth more than anything else. Which may make me come off unphased, and indifferent. But I do love my wife, and will never leave or forsake her and i tell her this. Another complaint she has now, is that she feels like I'm cheating on her whenever I'm off at work because of my reformed beliefs on marriage. Which I know are her insecurities. I told her that I wasn't seeing anyone, and if I were I would tell her. Thoughts? What would you do?

She's a member of this forum now, but I won't tag her. Don't want her to feel ganged up on. Whatever you comment to me, I will show to her. And she has posted at least once on here. This forum is pretty much the only support that I have, so all is appreciated. Anyone.

else she can get her opinion to will never align with the scriptures at all, or even try to provide any.
Well I can tell you going through similar things years and years and years ago the absolute best thing that you can do is earnestly pray with and for your wife

Thanks for this. I will keep it in mind and look into it more. We had a long discussion about things today and she was the one to bring this up, due to reading these comments.
Biblically, when we're talking about witchcraft dealing with wives:

For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king. (1 Samuel 15:23)

Pastor Dowell taught me this, as far as equating it with a woman's rebellious behavior towards her husband. And the gist is she's trying to manipulate you through rebellion -- to make it so hellacious for you that you give up, thus giving her control. The stubborness in opposing your will and the Word is her idolizing her feelings and her thoughts above Yah's Word, which is iniquity (a crooked or bent way -- sinful in thought and proceeding action).

I believe that she will need deliverance from witchcraft, rebellion, and whatever else you dig up in your loving and nurturing and leading and guiding her and washing her with the Word.

Last edited:
This comment is for everyone reading. We had a great discussion today. Took and her and the kids for a walk around some ponds near sunset. She eventually told me she's read all of your comments. She was much more mellowed out today and we spoke exstensively on the subject without her getting angry, and of what our thoughts were on your comments,

Disagreement on how can a man be one flesh with more than one woman? Hard for her to get that.

I felt that this verse was a perfect explanation for why. Love to hear your thoughts on that too.

“But now are they many members, yet but one body.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭12‬:‭20‬

Second disagreement, there being multiple interpretations on the 5 virgins going into the marriage chamber with the bridegroom. A common one them being bridesmaids. I think it is a bogus interpretation and explained my thoughts to her. Even before I believed it was acceptable for a man to have more than one wife, I read that parable plainly that He was clearly speaking of marrying 5 women. I even found it to be strange.

Third disagreement, is just in general That Christ's bride is singular and not plural. Hard for her to see that all of us Christians are a plural bride. I do think that she recognizes that God has two wives, nations, though, but that it doesn't really dent her argument of polygyny not being "ideal" for men.

The most interesting point that she made, was when she watched a video of a deliverance testimony, and how the man had cast out a spirit of "polygamy" out of a muslim man. Made me scratch my head? Hmm... is there a spirit of polygamy, like how there may be a spirit of lust? For her such a thing would rule a man having more than one wife, completely out of the picture in the realm of what is good and acceptable. And with this possibly in the picture, she holds the theory that I could also be affected by it.

My rebuttals were that, it could of been the deliverance minister prescribing his own feelings of polygamy toward a man who may have had a spirit of lust in him. Like how american missionaries sometimes break up marriages in 3rd world countries, as part of them receiving the gospel. Or that, the spirit may have been lying. Or if there is such a thing, how would that work biblically being that God has given wives? Surely He wouldn't allow an evil spirit into one of His most righteous servants, David, or at least cast he would cast it from him and we would read that in scripture. Food for thought, and I thought who else to share this specifically with, but with you all.

Lastly, I'd like to add that my wife has also been having nightmares often and has been under spiritual attack. I believe it is due to all of the emotional upheaval, that the enemy is pouncing on her weakness. Please pray for her. She truly needs it. And I am grateful for all of your comments. I read every single one, but it would take me all night to respond to you all.
So regarding nightmares -- when she wakes, whether the next morning or startled in the middle of the night, you need to bind up the demonic spirits attacking her even if you don't know them specifically to name them. You need to pray and go to spiritual war together immediately after these nightmares happen. Annul all agreements made knowingly or unknowingly while she was asleep. Break every tie made with the demonic realm, and cancel every curse. Plead the blood of Jesus for covering and protection. Profess him as King and ruler of your lives and that no enemy may harm you or take ground in your lives because you belong to the Father.

You need to teach her how to do this also, and tell her that every time she wakes up she should immediately go to war. I go to war after every dream because I'm aware that they can be deceitful and many can be forgotten so I don't take any chances. Even if I don't think it was a "bad" dream I still do and speak as I stated above just in case. She needs to learn by your example and then gain strength to take this initiative herself, but you're always there to assist and continue to teach and strengthen.

Because you have done deliverance you have the knowledge and understanding to do this effectively. But I stress this must be done every single time because the devil is always trying to gain ground when we are most vulnerable and there is no "fair" in this fight.

Pray and war, and you shall overcome.

Regarding the dreams, I would like to offer an alternative perspective for you to consider and for everyone to assess for truth or falsehood.

Nightmares can result from fear.

Dreams typically carry notes and aspects of our waking lives. This is especially true whenever there is something that the waking mind considers to be important and/or urgent. Different parts of our lives get tossed into a stew, stirred around to become something unrecognizable, then served up for our minds at night. If our lives are currently filled with particularly distinct "flavours", then there's a good chance we'll notice them and define the entire "dish" (dream) by that "flavour" (part of life). These things could be the stress from an approaching work deadline, the enjoyment of a new relationship, or the urge to use the washroom.

We see this in children who recently watched a movie they consider to be scary. Soon after, they get a nightmare. It is easy for us to recognize the cause of this effect. It's not always easy to see the connections between dreams and our lives, but sometimes it is.

I would propose that your wife's nightmares are the direct result from fears she has in her waking life. These fears are looming large in her waking mind, and are thus becoming noticeable in her mind while asleep. The correct main target of your concern, then, may not be the nightmares themselves, but the fears that cause them. When fighting a disease, targeting the symptoms can be good and helpful, but addressing the underlying cause has much greater importance.

Turning the nightmares into a battleground is appealing because it turns a situation in which we have no power into one where we feel we do have power. After all, what can we do about our own dreams, let alone those of another person? Instead of feeling powerless, when we don't know what else to do we turn to prayer. That's good. But by choosing what we think is the cause, and declaring war on it, we may very well miss the actual cause.

Not only might we miss the actual cause when declaring war, but we put ourselves into a bind in the process. If the nightmares keep coming, why? "Why didn't God protect me?" "What am I doing wrong?" "There must be sin in my life, and I must find it.". Instead of finding power, we might find we're powerless when the specific answer we're looking for doesn't come, and we don't know why. Rather, it is not because God is not protecting us, nor because we are failing in some way, but because our minds are doing what they're made to do, and the underlying causes are not being fixed.

When we dwell on something, that thing becomes important to us. If we think about God and the things about Him, our understanding and perhaps our relationship with Him will grow. If we study a topic, we become more knowledgeable about it. If we stay in our anger, we may become one of those stereotypical cranky elderly people. If we continue to think about our fears, then they become stronger.

I think this is why the Bible says we should think/dwell on things that are true, and good, and lovely, etc. Not only because they are good and whatnot, but by thinking/dwelling on them they then become stronger within us. It is very much like any physical skill; the more we do it, the better we become at doing it.

In my case, I am one of those that occasionally recognizes my shortcomings and then turns that recognition into self-loathing and despair. When I turned that into a battleground and thought that it must be because I am falling shorter than what is acceptable to God, and that I should not be feeling those ways and thus there must be some cause I must eradicate, I ended up making things worse in myself. The darkness would just get deeper. Because it didn't leave, I thought it was because of something I was doing wrong. I never allowed myself to doubt that whatever God does is good, but I did occasionally wonder if God was disappointed in me and my failures, perhaps to the point of leaving me in them.

Now I've come to recognize that my struggles will return, again and again, simply because that is my lot in life. But I have noticed that if I dwell on them in those moments then it gets worse. If I continue traveling those paths in my mind, the darkness embraces me. If instead I recognize the direction my mind is going, and turn to God and let Him know and try to trust Him, and set my pain aside, then I am far better off. The darkness may recede sooner, or at least not be as deep. It is difficult, because the hatred is for some reason tantalizing, and because it bears a resemblance to righteousness and so is hard to recognize as not truly being righteous.

Like Psalm 46:10 says: "Be still [cease striving, quit struggling, stop fighting and trying so hard], and know that I am God."

I say these things because I wonder if your wife's fears (or anyone's fears, really) are similar in behaviour. If, in the moment, those fears are dwelled on, and the paths of those concerns are followed, then those fears will become stronger. If instead those fears are recognized, and she turns to you and to God and tries to trust you and Him, and tries to set her concerns aside (in other words, not dwell on them), then those fears may be alleviated. Of course, that's not easy. When is trust easy?

In the same way that a parent tries to comfort a child afraid of the dark, but cannot make the child fully trust the parent (since the child must learn to trust on their own), and in the same way that God comforts us but we are responsible for trusting Him in our need, so too you can comfort your wife but she must come to trust you on her own.

You are powerless to make her trust you, just like a parent is powerless to make a child trust them.

That's why a battleground is so tempting. But fighting can simply be fear of a different colour.

I neither am nor have ever been married, nor do I have children of my own, so this I say not out of experience but out of trying to understand how people work and how God works:
To follow how our Father treats us, you could listen to her fears and tell her why she does not need to be afraid. Show her that you are trustworthy, as He has shown us. Then let her come to trust you.
We trust God not only because He has told us we can and should, but also because He has demonstrated that he is worthy of trust. We have read it in His Word, but also likely seen His trustworthiness in our own lives. Our trust in Him is deepened over time and by each experience, and yet it still remains weak when compared to the challenges we come across that are bigger than we've faced before, but which serve to again deepen our trust. Yet through it all He remains patient. Even when our trust falters, He is still trustworthy. It is merely up to us to recognize that.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to convert this into practical suggestions for within a marriage.

I hope this perspective is helpful, or at least not the opposite of helpful.

Regarding the dreams, I would like to offer an alternative perspective for you to consider and for everyone to assess for truth or falsehood.

Nightmares can result from fear.

Dreams typically carry notes and aspects of our waking lives. This is especially true whenever there is something that the waking mind considers to be important and/or urgent. Different parts of our lives get tossed into a stew, stirred around to become something unrecognizable, then served up for our minds at night. If our lives are currently filled with particularly distinct "flavours", then there's a good chance we'll notice them and define the entire "dish" (dream) by that "flavour" (part of life). These things could be the stress from an approaching work deadline, the enjoyment of a new relationship, or the urge to use the washroom.

We see this in children who recently watched a movie they consider to be scary. Soon after, they get a nightmare. It is easy for us to recognize the cause of this effect. It's not always easy to see the connections between dreams and our lives, but sometimes it is.

I would propose that your wife's nightmares are the direct result from fears she has in her waking life. These fears are looming large in her waking mind, and are thus becoming noticeable in her mind while asleep. The correct main target of your concern, then, may not be the nightmares themselves, but the fears that cause them. When fighting a disease, targeting the symptoms can be good and helpful, but addressing the underlying cause has much greater importance.

Turning the nightmares into a battleground is appealing because it turns a situation in which we have no power into one where we feel we do have power. After all, what can we do about our own dreams, let alone those of another person? Instead of feeling powerless, when we don't know what else to do we turn to prayer. That's good. But by choosing what we think is the cause, and declaring war on it, we may very well miss the actual cause.

Not only might we miss the actual cause when declaring war, but we put ourselves into a bind in the process. If the nightmares keep coming, why? "Why didn't God protect me?" "What am I doing wrong?" "There must be sin in my life, and I must find it.". Instead of finding power, we might find we're powerless when the specific answer we're looking for doesn't come, and we don't know why. Rather, it is not because God is not protecting us, nor because we are failing in some way, but because our minds are doing what they're made to do, and the underlying causes are not being fixed.

When we dwell on something, that thing becomes important to us. If we think about God and the things about Him, our understanding and perhaps our relationship with Him will grow. If we study a topic, we become more knowledgeable about it. If we stay in our anger, we may become one of those stereotypical cranky elderly people. If we continue to think about our fears, then they become stronger.

I think this is why the Bible says we should think/dwell on things that are true, and good, and lovely, etc. Not only because they are good and whatnot, but by thinking/dwelling on them they then become stronger within us. It is very much like any physical skill; the more we do it, the better we become at doing it.

In my case, I am one of those that occasionally recognizes my shortcomings and then turns that recognition into self-loathing and despair. When I turned that into a battleground and thought that it must be because I am falling shorter than what is acceptable to God, and that I should not be feeling those ways and thus there must be some cause I must eradicate, I ended up making things worse in myself. The darkness would just get deeper. Because it didn't leave, I thought it was because of something I was doing wrong. I never allowed myself to doubt that whatever God does is good, but I did occasionally wonder if God was disappointed in me and my failures, perhaps to the point of leaving me in them.

Now I've come to recognize that my struggles will return, again and again, simply because that is my lot in life. But I have noticed that if I dwell on them in those moments then it gets worse. If I continue traveling those paths in my mind, the darkness embraces me. If instead I recognize the direction my mind is going, and turn to God and let Him know and try to trust Him, and set my pain aside, then I am far better off. The darkness may recede sooner, or at least not be as deep. It is difficult, because the hatred is for some reason tantalizing, and because it bears a resemblance to righteousness and so is hard to recognize as not truly being righteous.

Like Psalm 46:10 says: "Be still [cease striving, quit struggling, stop fighting and trying so hard], and know that I am God."

I say these things because I wonder if your wife's fears (or anyone's fears, really) are similar in behaviour. If, in the moment, those fears are dwelled on, and the paths of those concerns are followed, then those fears will become stronger. If instead those fears are recognized, and she turns to you and to God and tries to trust you and Him, and tries to set her concerns aside (in other words, not dwell on them), then those fears may be alleviated. Of course, that's not easy. When is trust easy?

In the same way that a parent tries to comfort a child afraid of the dark, but cannot make the child fully trust the parent (since the child must learn to trust on their own), and in the same way that God comforts us but we are responsible for trusting Him in our need, so too you can comfort your wife but she must come to trust you on her own.

You are powerless to make her trust you, just like a parent is powerless to make a child trust them.

That's why a battleground is so tempting. But fighting can simply be fear of a different colour.

I neither am nor have ever been married, nor do I have children of my own, so this I say not out of experience but out of trying to understand how people work and how God works:
To follow how our Father treats us, you could listen to her fears and tell her why she does not need to be afraid. Show her that you are trustworthy, as He has shown us. Then let her come to trust you.
We trust God not only because He has told us we can and should, but also because He has demonstrated that he is worthy of trust. We have read it in His Word, but also likely seen His trustworthiness in our own lives. Our trust in Him is deepened over time and by each experience, and yet it still remains weak when compared to the challenges we come across that are bigger than we've faced before, but which serve to again deepen our trust. Yet through it all He remains patient. Even when our trust falters, He is still trustworthy. It is merely up to us to recognize that.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to convert this into practical suggestions for within a marriage.

I hope this perspective is helpful, or at least not the opposite of helpful.
Wow… you give yourself far too little credit.

This is one of the wisest and most efficacious posts I’ve found on this forum. @FollowingHim I’d like to nominate this for best of the forum list.

(Forgive me I can’t remember what it’s called. Beyond exhausted.)

On a separate note, I want to say thanks for opening this thread. Your continuing story, as well as the responses shared here, is a great help for people in shoes like my own, who may one day come to experience a situation like yours and thus can learn how to navigate it, or who may even be able to avoid this situation entirely thanks to this discussion. Struggle brings about the greatest education, first for those in the struggle, and also for those observing it. I know I personally have already adjusted my thinking a bit in regards to how I would start potential relationships due to the wisdom shared here. I hope, then, that it can be an encouragement of some sort to you that you are obtaining wisdom not only for yourself but for others as well. It is truly valuable. Thank you.

That said, since the greatest education comes from struggle, for your sake I hope your story quickly stops being so educational :)

I was thinking about the topic of the bride's maids in the last few days, and I realized that it doesn't make sense.

The moral of the story, as is usually taught, is that we are to make sure we have enough oil in our lamps. We are then saying that, in this story, we are the bride's maids. Jesus/God is of course the groom. But if we are the bride's maids, who's the bride?

All throughout the Bible, God describes His people as His children (as the Father), His wife/wives (as the Husband), His servants/slaves (as the Lord/Master), or His citizens (as the King). But I do not know of any other time He describes us as bride's maids. It doesn't fit the pattern. The maids of the bride are not connected to the groom, but to the bride. So who is this bride?

It makes much more sense that we are the brides, as is a common description throughout the Bible.

On a separate note, I want to say thanks for opening this thread. Your continuing story, as well as the responses shared here, is a great help for people in shoes like my own, who may one day come to experience a situation like yours and thus can learn how to navigate it, or who may even be able to avoid this situation entirely thanks to this discussion. Struggle brings about the greatest education, first for those in the struggle, and also for those observing it. I know I personally have already adjusted my thinking a bit in regards to how I would start potential relationships due to the wisdom shared here. I hope, then, that it can be an encouragement of some sort to you that you are obtaining wisdom not only for yourself but for others as well. It is truly valuable. Thank you.

That said, since the greatest education comes from struggle, for your sake I hope your story quickly stops being so educational :)
Well, I enjoy the educational aspect as much as you actually. There are so many lessons to learn, all of the time, everywhere. I definitely want you to benefit from this all as much as possible.

I was thinking about the topic of the bride's maids in the last few days, and I realized that it doesn't make sense.

The moral of the story, as is usually taught, is that we are to make sure we have enough oil in our lamps. We are then saying that, in this story, we are the bride's maids. Jesus/God is of course the groom. But if we are the bride's maids, who's the bride?

All throughout the Bible, God describes His people as His children (as the Father), His wife/wives (as the Husband), His servants/slaves (as the Lord/Master), or His citizens (as the King). But I do not know of any other time He describes us as bride's maids. It doesn't fit the pattern. The maids of the bride are not connected to the groom, but to the bride. So who is this bride?

It makes much more sense that we are the brides, as is a common description throughout the Bible.
This was my main rebuttal as well, next to why are they all virgins. Was, who then is the wife? Two questions I feel squash that type of interpretation. Either they're all wives or these virgins just wanted to see His wedding chamber. But it makes complete sense that it is the 5, and that the 5 represent the plural bride that we are, being prepared today. the parable no longer relates to us when you take the wives away, but we know that Jesus is speaking of us all.

Also the fact that Jews were definitely polygynyous at the time, while us Americans trying to strongarm the passages to our ways of thinking just isn't the least bit ethical.

Last edited:
I don't even think there were "bridesmaids" at weddings at the time, I think that's a more recent Western tradition that is being read into the text.

Completely agree. These things are very open to interpretation.
I would like to press the forum more on this question of there potentially being a spirit of polygamy. apart from the arguments that can't stand to scripture, this part of the conversation is what actually stuck out to me.

I just would like to gauge the thoughts of you all on that. I know such spiritual things are a mystery to us, but do you feel any need for concern hearing such a thing like that? That a muslim man had a "spirit of polygamy" cast out of him. There are many devils in the world, and I don't necessarily want to make this forum into 'that' topic, but it is very relevant and I think should at least have a bullet point in our conversation. I think my wife's gut instinct is that if there is such a thing, then therefore a man having more than one wife is wrong--and comparatively a man desiring a second wife is being tempted or led by this devil.

I found it interesting, and something worth addressing on some level.

No real advice, just keep pressing onward brother. Be kind and gracious and patiently explain the Word as you understand it. God bless.

Back