• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

NYC

Keith Martin

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Many of you know that we're in the midst of making plans to move to Fort Worth (or elsewhere in Texas). However, there is now a wrinkle to this, as we are being offered an opportunity to move to Manhattan in New York City. Is there anyone among Biblical Families who lives in the immediate NYC area?

Yeah, yeah, I know. So I take it neither of you know anyone there!

There are a bunch of single poly women in NYC according to all of the emails i get...lol. personally i would rather live in California than in NYC. I pray YHVH open the door he wants you to go thru.

NEW YORK CITY??!!
My poor brain has been programmed by too much tv. Reading that my brain recalled "get a rope." Because of the old commercials for Pace Picante sauce.

They would tell you about how pace is made in San Antonio by folks who know how picante sauce should taste. Then someone would say "This stuff (competitor brand) is made in New York city" then the group reaction.
"NEW YORK CITY?!"
Followed by ...... the rope comment. Lol

I know there are good people everywhere......and Babylon is global and her days are numbered.
So be brave in going where God leads. We each have a unique place in His plan. No man can play follow the leader and listen to or imitate another man (or woman) and be truly following his maker.

I pray He lights your path, guides and directs you in leading your family. :)

My poor brain has been programmed by too much tv. Reading that my brain recalled "get a rope." Because of the old commercials for Pace Picante sauce.

They would tell you about how pace is made in San Antonio by folks who know how picante sauce should taste. Then someone would say "This stuff (competitor brand) is made in New York city" then the group reaction.
"NEW YORK CITY?!"

I know there are good people everywhere......and Babylon is global and her days are numbered.
So be brave in going where God leads. We each have a unique place in His plan. No man can play follow the leader and listen to or imitate another man (or woman) and be truly following his maker.

I loved that Pace commercial and lived in Nacogdoches when it first came out.

Thanks for the reminder. My heart is definitely in Texas, but it's a complicated situation. I'll share more when it's appropriate.

Because of the old commercials for Pace Picante sauce.
EXACTLY how I pronounced it in my mind :)

Brother, NYC is a third world country.
If Yah is calling you there, idk, at the very least I am going to have to remodel my prayer closet.

My uncle lost his cell phone while visiting NYC. He had it returned and met a lot of good hearted people who warned him about the other sort that were in their city. I suspect every big city has an unwholesome element, and every big city has good hearted people even in the not so nice neighborhoods.
Mesa AZ has changed a lot since I was a child. Some of my family are still there in the middle of the massive sprawling hive of humanity that is the fastest growing city (population wise I think) in the country.

"NEW YORK CITY?!"

EXACTLY how I pronounced it in my mind :)

Brother, NYC is a third world country.
If Yah is calling you there, idk, at the very least I am going to have to remodel my prayer closet.

OH NO!! My brain must be programmed too, because I was quoting that commercial :(. They’ve programmed us, they’ve programmed us all! :eek:

I know it is in upstate NY, but you might check out Way Biblical church. One of that church's ministers is part of one of Facebook's polygamy groups.

Single last place I'd suggest anyone moving to. Except the Chaz.

I know it is in upstate NY, but you might check out Way Biblical church. One of that church's ministers is part of one of Facebook's polygamy groups.
Thank you, @Daniel DeLuca. I'll look into that. I almost forgot that my original post was a request for information about like-minded people in the NYC area.

Just so everyone else knows, having spent a fair amount of time there I'm already very familiar with NYC and what it's like. It will, of course, weigh into my ultimate decisions as I consider all ramifications, but I'm also not going to reject the opportunity out of hand.

I'm not holding out for finding Paradise here on Earth. Given that the Fort Worth ISD School Board just recently declared their solidarity with Black Lives Matter, it's apparent that even the more conservative side of the Metroplex doesn't entirely qualify to be God's Country. It's where I'd probably feel most at home, but there are enemies, climate concerns and human failings everywhere.

Many of you know that we're in the midst of making plans to move to Fort Worth (or elsewhere in Texas). However, there is now a wrinkle to this, as we are being offered an opportunity to move to Manhattan in New York City. Is there anyone among Biblical Families who lives in the immediate NYC area?

My conclusion thus far is that no one knows of any supporters of Biblical polygamy living in or right around New York City.

I'm not attempting to persuade or coerce any of you to move there with us, lol!

We care about you, my brother.
We not only do not know any poly friendly people there, we are concerned when a friend would consider living there.
But we fully support you doing what you are called to do. :)

Thank you, @Daniel DeLuca. I'll look into that. I almost forgot that my original post was a request for information about like-minded people in the NYC area.

Just so everyone else knows, having spent a fair amount of time there I'm already very familiar with NYC and what it's like. It will, of course, weigh into my ultimate decisions as I consider all ramifications, but I'm also not going to reject the opportunity out of hand.

I'm not holding out for finding Paradise here on Earth. Given that the Fort Worth ISD School Board just recently declared their solidarity with Black Lives Matter, it's apparent that even the more conservative side of the Metroplex doesn't entirely qualify to be God's Country. It's where I'd probably feel most at home, but there are enemies, climate concerns and human failings everywhere.
The conservative side of the metroplex, is the North Dallas, Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney area. Of course that progressively deteriorates over time. You might want to consider Prosper or Celine.

Back