• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Off Topic but need input! Fairies

Rose of Sharon

Real Person
Female
I am always concerned about what I bring in my home. I am putting together a 1000 piece fairy puzzle for my 12 yr old. I wanted to decorate her room with fairies. Husband said that they were bad and he gave me opposition on putting this puzzle up. Are they bad or just a made up folklore? I don't want to risk putting anything in my daughter's room that is not of God.

I I did a quick Google search on fairies, only fairies I've ever dealt with are in Walt Disney movies some are good and some are bad. Here's a link from Wikipedia... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy

With that all being said, the Bible does discuss about spirits usually in a bad sense.

But the big Clincher for me right now is your husband said as you put it...
Husband said that they were bad and he gave me opposition on putting this puzzle up.
So I would obey his wishes and not put them up. After all he is the head that YaHWeH gave you.

But the big Clincher for me right now is your husband said as you put it...

Husband said that they were bad and he gave me opposition on putting this puzzle up.

So I would obey his wishes and not put them up. After all he is the head that YaHWeH gave you.

Spot on.

Ephesians 5:22 NASB
[22] Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

Yes, I completely agree about submitting to our husbands. He told me this last week but then I brought up the subject again to him last night to confirm. I have had this puzzle off to side since our conversation and haven't touched it. Last night, I asked him again if he really thought it was bad and his response was that he really didn't know and to look it up. I wanted to talk to you guys before I threw it away. Thank you @Edward for the link.

Last night, I asked him again if he really thought it was bad and his response was that he really didn't know and to look it up.

Sounds like he gave you a “homework assignment” so go all in. Ten page research paper lol ;) and once the research is done show it to him and accept his decision.

I look forward to your findings if you are willing to share. :)

To add that I have other things that are in her room with fairies and contemplating whether to throw them away.

Also ask him if he wants you to put those other things away while you do your research...

Sounds like he gave you a “homework assignment” so go all in. Ten page research paper lol ;) and once the research is done show it to him and accept his decision.

I look forward to your findings if you are willing to share. :)

Also ask him if he wants you to put those other things away while you do your research...
:) I will get started on it. Lol! I don't know about the 10 page though. :D If I do find something interesting, then I will defiantly let you know.

To add that I have other things that are in her room with fairies and contemplating whether to throw them away.
Here's my two cents on the when in doubt, if it's something that you struggle with and you're not sure whether it's right or wrong, when in doubt don't, especially when it comes to pleasing the heavenly father. and trust me I know it's easier said than done LOL.

Here's my two cents on the when in doubt, if it's something that you struggle with and you're not sure whether it's right or wrong, when in doubt don't, especially when it comes to pleasing the heavenly father. and trust me I know it's easier said than done LOL.
I love this advice and yes, I am struggling with it.

I try to keep all this stuff out of my house. Crosses, fairies, demons, anything of the occult etc. there is a few odds and ends I haven’t tossed yet but I am working on it. I don’t think this stuff has a place in a Christian home.
Sometimes it’s a spirit living in us that is collecting this stuff!!

Research Faeries in Ireland.
They do/did exist, and they're demonic. We try to avoid having any images of them at all in our house, though it's very difficult.
I have actually researched videos today about fairies. Whether these videos are fake or not, I am now believing that they are demonic. I had a sit down with my daughter an hour ago and told her my concerns and that we were going to throw that puzzle away. I then told her to pick a beautiful picture of butterflies that we can change into a puzzle which she did. She is only 12 but she understood what I was talking about when I told her.

Steve Quayle has a lot to say about fairies (and most mythical creatures). The short version is that things do (or did) exist and they are properly referred to as Nephilim/demons.

Yep! :rolleyes: (Sir Slumber knows all bout dat!)

Obey hubby and rid your home of all dark spiritual things... even the ones that Disney has dressed up and made to look super cute and “good”! It’s all conditioning our children to accept sorcery and witchcraft and so on... best to just cut the cancer out and fully devote ourselves to God alone! :D

By the way, fairy sightings are the historic equivalent of UFO & alien sightings today. Same entities, but they appear in the forms that will be convincing to the audience. Behave similarly too. There's a can of worms for you to dig into if you like!

Also, the ancient stories of fairies are that they were supernatural creatures who mated with humans and produced hybrid offspring. Interesting that...

Back