• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Online Scamming

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately, I have seen some people I know & love (and heard about others) who have either been scammed or lied to by potential spouses that they have been chatting with online. I would like to recommend the documentary "Catfish", which documents how this can happen. I do believe that meeting people online can be a very effective tool but good judgement and common sense need to be applied. Sometimes the scammers can be quite good at lying, though. We need to try and keep at least one step ahead of them.

Blessings,
Fairlight

Fairlight said:
Unfortunately, I have seen some people I know & love (and heard about others) who have either been scammed or lied to by potential spouses that they have been chatting with online.

I understand this but I dont think its always about being scammed I think some are just impatient which leads to much heartbreak or scares people off. you have to understand to have a lasting relationship it takes time (there are rare cases that it doesnt) and you need time to get to know someone.

LovelyAlex said:
I understand this but I dont think its always about being scammed I think some are just impatient which leads to much heartbreak or scares people off. you have to understand to have a lasting relationship it takes time (there are rare cases that it doesnt) and you need time to get to know someone.

Actually, I was referring to several people I know who have been literally "scammed" by people who deliberately lied about their identities, even sending fake photos, etc.

LovelyAlex said:
why would they do that?

Dunno. Twisted entertainment? Evil exists! Good to avoid it if we can. *sigh*

Fairlight said:
There are some very twisted people out there, unfortunately. :(
yup, it is par for the curse

Back