• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Oregon’s new gun laws that make NZ’s look tame

If we can help you relocate to Texas, let me know! ;)

It will only get worse. I can't say I recommend living in Oregon.

Washington is getting just as bad.
Typically our politics follow right behind what’s trending in California sadly.

It will only get worse. I can't say I recommend living in Oregon.
At this point, I agree. It was actually a pretty great place to live. The cities were liberal but the rest of the state is very conservative... it was almost a good balance, (if there is such a thing) but now the scales are tipping and we’re weighing our options.

No, that's mostly tame. It just seems bad by American standards. In NZ, all firearms have been required to be locked up for decades. All concealed carry is illegal already, and pistols are extremely tightly controlled and only able to be used at registered pistol clubs. We don't have any rules about serial numbers yet, but we'll have that introduced in the next few months, a full gun registration scheme is step 2 that will almost certainly be law by the end of the year. It's a sad state of affairs.

The worst part about that law though is the liability for crimes committed with a stolen firearm. That's a serious problem.

Back