• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

ORIGINAL INTENTION STUMPERS

While the Bible is completely silent on the subject it's safe to say that God originally intended for gravity to keep us all from flying off into space. :cool:

Consequently I see no need to argue about God's original intent on marriage. The issue to me are the people who cannot articulate a valid reason why polygamy was once accepted and now it is not.

"Because" is not an argument and my toddlers understand this. So should everyone else.

While the Bible is completely silent on the subject it's safe to say that God originally intended for gravity to keep us all from flying off into space. :cool:

Consequently I see no need to argue about God's original intent on marriage. The issue to me are the people who cannot articulate a valid reason why polygamy was once accepted and now it is not.

"Because" is not an argument and my toddlers understand this. So should everyone else.
This is exactly what convinced me that it was good. We have a holy, righteous, and unchanging God. How can what was good now become sin? I just don't understand that, and I don't know if anyone will ever be able to answer that for me.

Got it you're right. I took the Genesis 2 account to mean it was later than Genesis 1, but I may be wrong.
Genesis 1 is the big picture regarding the Creation week while Genesis 2 is the detail regarding the creation of the first couple. Some religious groups attempt to accommodate evolution and long ages by claiming these are two different creation senarios but that's just eisegesis.

Those who hold to original intention have a problem with the Lord Himself keeping Sabbath before sin entered too. Gotta remain consistent, otherwise that's picking and choosing...
It's all picking and choosing. Picking and choosing scripture that support a view they already had. Disregarding and downplaying any scripture that states otherwise. This is monogamy marriage in a nutshell, instead of taking the whole counsel of God in the entirety of his word.

Back