• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Our Fight is Not Against Flesh and Blood

DaPastor

Real Person
I have an unspoken request. My family is being attacked like never before. The attack is so intense it is affecting every aspect of our life. Although flesh and blood is involved with this attack, we know that behind it are principalities and powers. Please join us in our spiritual battle!!

Pastor Randy and Family,

Our family is praying for yours. You are not fighting the battle alone. You can count on us to join you as prayer warriors. After all the ministry that has been taking place recently at the retreats and via this group, the enemy is not very happy. I have found that our greatest battles are fought right after great spiritual victories (like Elijah after calling the fire from heaven and killing all the pagan priests)/ right before great spiritual victory (like Jesus being tempted in the wilderness before beginning His ministry). When it seems like everything is coming unglued it is so hard to trust the One who is really holding it all together. We have been through some hard-core attacks but we are still alive! Now when an attack is being mounted against us, I remember all the times that God faithfully brought us through impossible circumstances (which have been many! PTL!) If He isn't finished with us yet, then nothing can kill us. I am trusting that God will be faithful to His promises:

Romans
8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You and your beautiful wives have been such a tremendous blessing to so many and the Lord has much more work for you to do. May God grant your family peace and comfort and supply all of your needs. May you trust in Him unwaveringly and lean on Him completely and feel His loving, protective presence envelope your whole family.

Your Sister in Christ,
Rebecca

Randy, though we are away, I logged in tonight and found your message - know that we are in prayer for you guys tonight and this week. May the Lord, and his Peace, sustain you thru the battle - let Him fight it, while you walk in His will.

Blessings and encouragement, Nathan and family

Randy,

Please know that I am agreeing in prayer for victory for you and your family. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but are mighty to the pulling down of strongholds. The Strongman has been challenged; he is fighting all of us on multiple fronts.

Blessings,

Doc Burkhart

We too join in and lift you and your family up to the only true source of comfort and protection. May you find both shelter and rest under His mighty wing and within His strong tower. Thank you for being a faithful brother in the ministry of this site.

Ray and Deanne

Likewise, Randy, you and yours are in our prayers as well. We here are in the midst of a similar spiritual battle, too - one that must be fought by "prayer and fasting". Prayers are appreciated. Not only do we "count it all blessing", but we remember that when we are gathered together in His Name, and pray to be called according to His purposes, that He will be with us.

Blessings,
Mark, Bernadette, and Linda

Mark C said:
Likewise, Randy, you and yours are in our prayers as well. We here are in the midst of a similar spiritual battle, too - one that must be fought by "prayer and fasting". Prayers are appreciated. Not only do we "count it all blessing", but we remember that when we are gathered together in His Name, and pray to be called according to His purposes, that He will be with us.

Blessings,
Mark, Bernadette, and Linda

Mark and family,

Yes, "prayer and fasting" definitely confirms some direction for my family. We will include you too!

I am convinced that Biblical Families represents a group of people who are attempting to take the "promised land" for plural friendly/practicing families to a whole new level. As I have sought the Lord on future goals, I have been overwhelmed by the vision the Lord has been given me. It is becoming clearer and clearer! These goals will not be achieved overnight, but over the next five to ten years, we are going to see the Lord do some powerful things. However, just like Israel being given the promised land, yet being required to fight for it, we too are being called to the same fight. Each new "parcel of land" will be fought and won through prayer and fasting, I am absolutely sure of that now!

Many of you know how Satan has come against the Christian Plural Marriage movement with some big guns over last 10 or so years, so be assured that He will not quit. This is serious business.

For those who desire to enter into a deeper relationship with Biblical Families, I would like for you to email admin@biblicalfamilies.org in order to see what I am proposing. In the subject line please say "I am interested".

Remember, "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy" - John 10:10. It is time to take this to the next level!

Pastor Randy,

You are so right - we can always tell when something is a work of the enemy - As you quoted John 10:10 which states that very well - since he comes "NOT BUT FOR to steal, kill and destroy" -- but let's remember that Jesus said in that same verse (Amplified version) "I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)" So, just as we can count on the devil to attack in one way or another - we can also count on Jesus' promise for abundant life! Another verse that also comes to mind as we stand together with you -- "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him and put him to flight". (Isaiah 59:19) ..... also, the end of verse 23 in Isaiah 49 "for they shall not be put to shame who wait for, look for, hope for,and expect Me."

Expecting God to move on your behalf as we look to Him together!

Don, Shari & Ginny

Pastor Randy,

Likewise I concur with your assessment that we are at a time of challenge for those of us associated with Biblical families. In order to possess the land, we must "go up". The are several of us feeling the same leading of the Spirit as you that amazing doors are about to open for our group, but they will present unique challenges for all of us.

I would also encourage anyone and everyone who would like to know more about Randy's vision, please email him at admin@biblicalfamilies.org .

There are giants in the land, but with God on our side, we will surely possess His favor and defense!

Blessings,

Doc

Randy:

My heart sank when I read your post. "What could it be?" I thought. That thought was quickly replaced with, "It doesn't matter!" If I knew about it, might give you the wrong advice anyway. Most importantly, God knows. In Psalm, David wrote of God, "You formed my inward parts; You weaved me in my mother's womb..." and also wrote "God's plans for us were established before we were formed." Wow, to think that He knows each one of us so intimately and intricately and has planned things for us. It goes to reason that He must know what He is doing. About 800-1000 years after David wrote the Psalms, God had another writer, James, present this concept again to his readers saying, "Consider it all joy, my brothers when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of the faith produces endurance... [[then the KEY that makes this ludicrous idea make sense]]...And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Praise God! Without His testing us and allowing us to struggle, we would be worse off. We would become self-sufficient (at least in our own minds). Thank God that He loves you and is making you perfect and complete. We pray that He will protect you from the evil one, show Himself mighty, heal you and grow you. Knowing a little bit of your testimoney, Randy, I know you know these things. I write partly for anyone else reading.

A closing challenge for readers: Have you seen "christians" who never seem to go through anything? God just seems to leave them alone. Maybe you're even one of them. Challenge: Ask God for trials-- not torture or ill-fortune-- but necessary, faith-producing experiences. When trials come, reach out and ask others for support and prayer, the way Randy has asked us. Ask God for wisdom (not relief) and what He is trying to teach you. Ask Him to grow you to completion and perfection. Notice all the great advice others are giving....it's not really problem based, because the problem is not the main focus. The main idea is "How will this family respond to God in these difficult times?"

May God show you mercy, give you grace, and bless your obedience. Amen.

Tom

I just want to personally thank all of you for your prayers. It is humbling to know that all we have to do is ask and there will be literally dozens of you all praying for us. God Bless you all.

Love
Lissa

Pastor Randy,

You are in our prayers.

Onna (and John too)

Brother Randy and Lissa,
Am just now going thru the list and have seen this. Stand tall my Brother...Keep the faith.....The Lord shall do ALL our battles for us.....May the Lord Yahweh bring victory for you and your family, may HE bless you during this time of trouble, may HE bring about such a victory that others will have to say that God did it and did it all.............Will lift prayers up for you as I type.........God Bless

The battle roars on, but we are completely committed to the victorious end. We have been fasting on Wednesdays, for a complete victory. Anyone who feels led, is welcome to join us.

In His service.

Lissa

Bro Randy and Lissa,
I too am praying for yall during this time of attack. I am praying for all of you. I can not fast but on Wednesdays I will devote more of my prayer time for yall and other families who are under attack. I agree with what the Chaplain wrote,that God will bring about victory that only HE can and that thru this others will come to believe as we do..

Rose,
We are grateful for any and all support. We know that it is through all of us likeminded Christians agreeing in prayer that the victory will be ours.

Sweet Lissa

As I shared in a previous post, Randy and I fast ever Wednesday. This week, as I was fasting today, I got a message from God that said I should fast longer. So believing that victory is just over the rise, I have decided to obey and fast for another day.

Lissa

To Mark's family, and Randy's family, and others that are on the front-lines of the fight right now: be encouraged, you are not alone. We pray for you, and agree with you for the victory. This support of each other is primary what I would like to see BiblicalFamilies be about, not doctrinal debate, but binding us together, and the NT clearly shows God desires for us to be "bound together". Let me know how we can help, and please share when you are discouraged, or when there is a victory - no matter how small. Lord, bless my brothers, and all who are hurting here, and let them no that you are Lord and in charge, even now.

Sorry for taking so long to get "Back in the saddle" after our summer away, and respond. I'll here for good now.

Nathan

Nathan7 said:
To Mark's family, and Randy's family, and others that are on the front-lines of the fight right now: be encouraged, you are not alone. We pray for you, and agree with you for the victory. This support of each other is primary what I would like to see BiblicalFamilies be about, not doctrinal debate, but binding us together, and the NT clearly shows God desires for us to be "bound together". Let me know how we can help, and please share when you are discouraged, or when there is a victory - no matter how small. Lord, bless my brothers, and all who are hurting here, and let them no that you are Lord and in charge, even now.

Sorry for taking so long to get "Back in the saddle" after our summer away, and respond. I'll here for good now.

Nathan

Thank you N*than and others. You are all such a blessing!

We have been hit in many areas at once. Some day we will share everthing. Meanwhile, please keep praying for us, while not forgetting Mark C.

God has great things in store for us and I really believe that the attacks we are enduring has ramifications for all of us. As I have sought the Lord, He has assured me of the victory. I have not been able to get the timing. However, I know that those who place their trust in God will not be ashamed.

I love each and every one of you so much. Thanks for being there!

Back