• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Our Master

If you've seen my other post on this matter - you would see that I did indeed list more than one exception. For example, a woman that's a widow. Or someone that has been Reborn, and washed clean by the blood of the Lamb of God. Someone Reborn is a new creature in Christ - and we should not judge their past life/sins; since we're all sinners.

The Word still emphasizes virgins. That should also be noted - as I've shown that through the Scripture. Obviously, we live in a different age today where a woman's virginity doesn't mean much. But it does matter to the Creator; and he's the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Virgins are ideal, but hardly achievable.

Get back to real world.

We all essentially agree with you in principle. Virgins should be emphasized. But I asked you a very important question at the beginning of this thread. Where are they? This was never answered. This is not a rhetorical question.

If they are to emphasized, then it would behoove us to know where they are.

I contend they don't exist, making your point essentially moot.
They are losing their virginity to non-Christians, because there's this theology in the protestant, catholic, and orthodox circles; that if a man simply looks at "any woman" with lust - he's committed a sin known as "adultery." Which is such a serious sin to our Creator - that it brought the punishment of stoning both the man and woman caught in the act. This is called dis-arming the Christian man. This is called spiritual warfare.

The best thing you can do is pray to the Almighty Father through his Son - Lord Jesus Christ - and if it's his will - you will find a compatible wife (or additional wife). In the meantime - it's always good to continue to look for ways to improve the value you can offer.

Last edited:
Our Master is Lord Jesus Christ. We're his servants. Does our Master provide just for your family - or does he provide for other families? If our Master wishes to add 100 additional families into his Church in one day - that's his right as the Master. Therefore, it's not possible for me to be jealous that my Master is providing for other families. I don't own my Master - he can do as he wishes. I'm just thankful he's my Master as well. Some of the first servants like Peter, Luke, and Paul saw how amazing this Master is, so they worked hard getting other people to be reborn; and join the Lord Jesus Christ's - Ecclesia. They were never jealous their Master wanted to bring more people out of this world, and into his Kingdom.

If a wife has a husband that is walking in the faith - and doing a great job taking care of his family - that the Master has given the husband headship over - how could she be jealous? That's strong evidence she believes she owns her husband (pagan belief system), and that she's living in the flesh - worried about the things of the world - instead of living in the Spirit. Her thought process should be more inclined toward the Spirit - there are Christian virgins out there that need a covering - that are going on dates with pagan men, because there's simply not enough available Christian men that follow the Lord Jesus Christ - and they get into relationships that are based entirely on sexual attractiveness/financials, and very little on Spiritual Compatibility. Don't get me wrong - a woman being sexually attractive to her man, and choosing a man that can provide for his family is fine - but it shouldn't come at the expense of marrying men that don't follow the Master - King Jesus Christ. It leads to Spiritually broken family units. It leads to the adversary raising the children.
Good post even though everyone ran off on various tangents.

You are right. Jesus Christ is Master. If He wants you to have one or more wives, He can bring it about. If He wants you to marry a virgin (which is clearly the normal and poper pattern for marriage) then He can bring it about. If He wants you to marry a non-virgin, (also clearly allowed) then He will give you both the grace you need to deal with the additional complications that brings.

We all essentially agree with you in principle. Virgins should be emphasized. But I asked you a very important question at the beginning of this thread. Where are they? This was never answered. This is not a rhetorical question.

I've got a good friend that is one (and in her early 30s). She is the only woman I know that I would seriously consider (and I have surrendered this matter entirely to my Master).

They are obviously extremely rare.

If you've seen my other post on this matter - you would see that I did indeed list more than one exception. For example, a woman that's a widow. Or someone that has been Reborn, and washed clean by the blood of the Lamb of God. Someone Reborn is a new creature in Christ - and we should not judge their past life/sins; since we're all sinners.

The Word still emphasizes virgins. That should also be noted - as I've shown that through the Scripture. Obviously, we live in a different age today where a woman's virginity doesn't mean much. But it does matter to the Creator; and he's the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

@Earth_is-
Your theories are great, and also pointless.

It's completely delusional. It's great in theory, but there aren't any.
For most men polygamy itself is delusional. It is totally contrary to our culture. It is virtually impossible.

Our God is God of the impossible. He is free to bless His servants as He sees fit.

He made the sun stand still for Joshua. He parted the Red Sea. He allowed Peter to walk on the water. Who knows what He may do?

Let us be men of faith, not pragmatists.

And I contend they do because I've met them and I've met guys that have found some.
Let us be men of faith, not pragmatists.
Amen. Some people have even put their faith into action by going to places where those women are and making wives of them. Abraham sent his servant (at considerable cost!) to obtain a wife for Isaac. How much effort and expense have you gone to to find a suitable wife? From the comments in this thread it seems like some of you guys expect God to rain down hot virgins from heaven so you only have to go and gather them up. We are to pray for God to give us our daily bread but then we go out and work our butts off to get the food. Faith without works is dead faith, so be men of the faith that works.

And I contend they do because I've met them and I've met guys that have found some.

Amen. Some people have even put their faith into action by going to places where those women are and making wives of them. Abraham sent his servant (at considerable cost!) to obtain a wife for Isaac. How much effort and expense have you gone to to find a suitable wife? From the comments in this thread it seems like some of you guys expect God to rain down hot virgins from heaven so you only have to go and gather them up. We are to pray for God to give us our daily bread but then we go out and work our butts off to get the food. Faith without works is dead faith, so be men of the faith that works.
You're right. I have been looking, but apparently I have been looking in the wrong places.

You're right. I have been looking, but apparently I have been looking in the wrong places.
I know of several. Even had a couple of their fathers inquire if I was interested.
They do exist, but while valuable, that one criteria is not the be all end all many elevate it to.

All women need male leadership and headship. Not just the pretty virgins.
I needed His leadership and headship in my deplorable state, and He saw fit to reach into the ditch, wash me of my filth, put new clothes on me. I was loved in an unlovely state. We should mirror Him.

One should also realize that single virgins over 30, likely have some other issues to deal with. There is definitely something weird about that.

Since Adam fell, out Master alone is perfect. The rest of us have issues.
I wasn't the one mandating a virgin like the OP. I was just stating they are not likely to be found.

I personally do not mind a history, provided there has been repentance and faith in Christ.

Excessive history and a pattern of behavior is another matter.

I wasn't the one mandating a virgin like the OP. I was just stating they are not likely to be found.

I personally do not mind a history, provided there has been repentance and faith in Christ.

Excessive history and a pattern of behavior is another matter.
Repentance and faith in Christ are rare and precious, even among "Evangelical Christians".

As men, we're prone to looking with our eyes and letting our southern brain lead our feet.

Sometimes it's best to look with a sense of smell heightened to pick up on the eventually-unmistakable odor of fear and/or loneliness.

I say push the virgin-only position. That takes you out of the pool and less competition for me. Besides there is distinct advantage for us guys with an experienced woman over a newbie. When I was looking for number two, I knew that I didn't have the time nor energy to "train" her to be a wife. I found a real sweetheart in a former pastor's wife. Yup, an ex-pastor marrying an ex-pastors wife... yup that's a long story.

I say push the virgin-only position. That takes you out of the pool and less competition for me. Besides there is distinct advantage for us guys with an experienced woman over a newbie. When I was looking for number two, I knew that I didn't have the time nor energy to "train" her to be a wife. I found a real sweetheart in a former pastor's wife. Yup, an ex-pastor marrying an ex-pastors wife... yup that's a long story.
That sounds like an interesting story. You should make a thread and tell it sometime, if you haven't already.

They [good wives, or good wife material] are obviously extremely rare.
There's not a man here that doesn't understand that at a gut level.

(Why do I find myself recalling some fairy tale about kissing frogs, and thinking that's a decent analogy? At least when it comes to looking in 'sun-god-day churches,' for example.)

It does strike me that men looking for 40 year-old virgins are a bit like women looking for the Perfect Man who hasn't been "already taken," by age 30.

I don't have a solution, other than what we also know. Walk in obedience, wait on YHVH, and trust in Him.

But I've also had a discussion with one decidedly NOT-a-candidate of late, and this came up:

Anybody remember the joke about the guy who dies in a flood? At the "pearly gates," he asks, "why didn't you save me?" We know the answer, it applies here, I think:

"Hey, I sent you two boats and a helicopter, just what were you waiting for?"

"Hey, I sent you two boats and a helicopter, just what were you waiting for?"
Yup, I was remembering that one also.
😁

Back