• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Our off grid YouTube channel

HomesteadWife

Real Person*
Female
For anyone who might be interested here is a link to my family's YouTube channel.

We went off grid about a year ago and started our channel to share our experiences as first time homesteaders.

Hopefully it is encouraging to those who are thinking of jumping into the off grid world and relatable for those already there. We want to share the blessings and knowledge we have gained with others.

Shalom and blessings to all!

For anyone who might be interested here is a link to my family's YouTube channel.

We went off grid about a year ago and started our channel to share our experiences as first time homesteaders.

Hopefully it is encouraging to those who are thinking of jumping into the off grid world and relatable for those already there. We want to share the blessings and knowledge we have gained with others.

Shalom and blessings to all!
Will check it out.
We consume a tonne of the homesteading material of all sorts and are shopping for our future homestead at this time. Looking forward to the videos

Great channel. I'm also planning to do a youtube channel on homesteading and off-grid living. Seems like this lifestyle goes well with Polygyny since you can get well away from mainstream society.

This is the start of my new cabin I'm building.

photo_2023-03-28_08-54-06.jpg.

I noticed all the graphics from Epoch Times that you use in your video!

Ironic that the most deeply patriotic American images I've seen lately are sourced to a Chinese ex-patriate religious movement called Falun Gong.

Ironic that the most deeply patriotic American images I've seen lately are sourced to a Chinese ex-patriate religious movement called Falun Gong.
Good point! And it seems to be a more reliable and accurate source of information than the American news organisations.

I noticed you haven't posted any new content in a while, how's it coming?
Hi!

Thanks for checking in. Things are going well. We are crazy busy right now getting ready for winter to set in. We've had some snow but we are trying to get as much done as we can before it piles up. Between homesteading, winter prep, my husband working 80+ hours most weeks and my having and caring for our now almost 6 month old daughter making videos ended up dropping down in our priority list.

We are planning to get back to posting videos again hopefully near the start of the year. We definitely have a backlog of stories and content we are excited to share.

I noticed all the graphics from Epoch Times that you use in your video!

Epoch Times is one of my husbands most prominent clients. The graphics in the videos are ones they commissioned from him. He's done a number of Illustrations and Graphics for them and continues to do so on an ongoing basis.

@frederick They really are invested in promoting liberty and conservative/moral/religious way of living. Which is much more than can be said for most/all large mainstream sources.

Hi!

Thanks for checking in. Things are going well. We are crazy busy right now getting ready for winter to set in. We've had some snow but we are trying to get as much done as we can before it piles up. Between homesteading, winter prep, my husband working 80+ hours most weeks and my having and caring for our now almost 6 month old daughter making videos ended up dropping down in our priority list.

We are planning to get back to posting videos again hopefully near the start of the year. We definitely have a backlog of stories and content we are excited to share.
Good to hear, sounded like you were having some trouble then the videos stopped. Glad you are doing well. Content creation is truly a beast of its own. I am pursuing a similar endeavor, and can relate to how hard it is to be the director, editor, and performer.

A strategy I have been employing is to just record a ton of footage and then I can go back and release little by little. This way you can have breathers between projects and episodes without going completely dark.

What I have noticed is the quality of the information is often more important then the quality of the footage. Even if you can't make it super fancy just having the experience documented can be enough. I am also planning on splitting up the content by type with dedicated channels which will reference eachother, instead of throwing it all into a single channel. This will keep the content consistent for subscribers, as it is niche specific.

Last edited:
Back