• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Overwhelm

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Something that I wrote to a friend, thought that I would share it in case it speaks to anyone else.

Brother , I was hit with a lot of overwhelm feelings this weekend also. It's one of the enemy's go-to tactics.
You are right in praying for others when you get hit with it. In fact, Identificational Repentance goes a long way.

Example: Father forgive us for our lack of faith. Forgive us for not keeping our eyes on you. Forgive us for focusing too much on the circumstances. We know that you have a plan for the situations that we find ourselves in and we repent for thinking and acting as if You don't care.

Repentance is a place where exaggeration isn't a problem, own any possibility that you can think of, it may be closer to the truth than you realize.

Right there with ya, bro! Not sure why, but Sunday morning I had a major attack very similar. Overwhelmed and depressed (both very unusual and excessively heavy) because of multiple ministry challenges and burdens. I was in the process of reaching out to friends via text when a brother from BF called me. Our conversation and prayer helped me 'off the ledge.'

Great reminder that the emotional weight is just an attack of the enemy. Battle bot against flesh and blood.

Amen! ... Thank you for sharing @steve
Encouragement always seems to come when I’m needing it most. I’m buckling under the pressure of life... the situation seems impossible... my heart is weary from the enemy’s attacks... Then a brother or a sister reaches out and lifts me up!
The Lord wants to show HIS STRENGTH in our weaknesses! All glory to Him who strengthens us!

I greatly appreciate the strong brothers the Lord has surrounded me with recently in my life... never been a time I’ve needed it more!

Amen! ... Thank you for sharing @steve
Encouragement always seems to come when I’m needing it most. I’m buckling under the pressure of life... the situation seems impossible... my heart is weary from the enemy’s attacks... Then a brother or a sister reaches out and lifts me up!
The Lord wants to show HIS STRENGTH in our weaknesses! All glory to Him who strengthens us!

I greatly appreciate the strong brothers the Lord has surrounded me with recently in my life... never been a time I’ve needed it more!
Community is much more important than we have been led to believe.

Back