• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Parent child conflict over Biblical Christian poly

elkanahtyler

Male
It was supposed to be my birthday celebration and all I wanted to do was explain to my daughter why I am involved with Biblical Christian poly groups designed to help polygynist converts from Islam in Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and Uganda. We got as far as the church accepting a poly family converting from Islam or Hinduism, but when we got to a Christian in fellowship marrying two or more wives the discussion exploded with my lawyer daughter leading the attack, and my youngest daughter not able to see Jesus and polygyny in Ezekiel 23.
The party blew up and we had to walk away from the gathering. I just hope my lawyer daughter does not decide its time for 80 year old me to move out and move on. Sad. Sad times for real when one of my exs chose not to reconcile with me because of my polygynous beliefs!

Last edited:
I'm wondering . . . what in Scripture do you believe compels you to evangelize polygyny beyond just recognizing the truth for yourself and supporting others for seeing that truth as well?

We've already had this conversation, advised you to just stop harassing your daughters with this one issue, and clearly you completely ignored our advice. Just stop talking about it, or you're going to tear apart your own family.

Proverbs 11:29: "He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart."

Proverbs 21:23: "Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles."

Back