• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Personal Testimony..Blinded Eyes

Rose

Real Person
Female
Blinded Eyes

Marriage can be a wonderful thing, whether it's polygyny, or monogamy. God is in favor of both arrangements. Proof is throughout the scriptures. (Feel free to share such passages in the comments below.)

I am just amazed, and dumbfounded at how much our culture, and pulpits of America have largely made the topic of polygyny extremely negative.

Blessedwith2, and KatjaR & I really appreciate knowing that we're not alone in discovering that polygyny is indeed Biblical.

I have had a wonderful relationship with Blessedwith2. When he studied God's word regarding polygyny, he was absolutely amazed. Of course, at first, I had a harder time considering it. Now, it makes perfectly logical sense as to why I struggled. I felt alone, and as though nothing prepared me for supporting polygyny. It was unimaginable to me.

Although I wasn't prepared like I felt I should have been, I could trust God. He taught me, despite those struggles, & grew me. Blessedwith2 and I grew together as well.

I know now, more than I did before, that God is ready, at all times to encourage me exactly the way I need it. 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." Proverbs 30:5, "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

God makes many unimaginable ideas into something possible, and now I have a great relationship with KatjaR. I am looking forward to our future together.

Polygyny isn't for everyone, but just imagine if believers believe the whole counsel of the word of God. God can open "blinded eyes" like how He opened mine.

Blinded Eyes

Marriage can be a wonderful thing, whether it's polygyny, or monogamy. God is in favor of both arrangements. Proof is throughout the scriptures. (Feel free to share such passages in the comments below.)

I am just amazed, and dumbfounded at how much our culture, and pulpits of America have largely made the topic of polygyny extremely negative.

Blessedwith2, and KatjaR & I really appreciate knowing that we're not alone in discovering that polygyny is indeed Biblical.

I have had a wonderful relationship with Blessedwith2. When he studied God's word regarding polygyny, he was absolutely amazed. Of course, at first, I had a harder time considering it. Now, it makes perfectly logical sense as to why I struggled. I felt alone, and as though nothing prepared me for supporting polygyny. It was unimaginable to me.

Although I wasn't prepared like I felt I should have been, I could trust God. He taught me, despite those struggles, & grew me. Blessedwith2 and I grew together as well.

I know now, more than I did before, that God is ready, at all times to encourage me exactly the way I need it. 2 Timothy 1:7, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." Proverbs 30:5, "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

God makes many unimaginable ideas into something possible, and now I have a great relationship with KatjaR. I am looking forward to our future together.

Polygyny isn't for everyone, but just imagine if believers believe the whole counsel of the word of God. God can open "blinded eyes" like how He opened mine.
Love this, thank you for sharing.

Blinded Eyes

Thank you for this testimony. Always interested to hear how women overcome objection to polygyny. It's very hard for some women to overcome. What were some of the things that helped you overcome your fears?

This is a really good question. I will try to recall and answer as well as I can. It has been more than 9 years since this part of our journey began. The difference between those beginning days versus now is great. What helped me overcome my fears? I'm glad you asked! Let's see…

I cannot dismiss knowing Jesus as my personal Savior. Without this truth/foundation, I seriously doubt that I could have embraced it as well as I have, despite the struggles, and fears that there were.

The many talks with Blessedwith2 were part of what helped, although it didn't seem like it at first. I have no doubt that prayer helped me. Blessedwith2, without a doubt prayed that God would transform my thinking. I can see that God blessed my prayers as well. Some took awhile, and other prayers were answered soon thereafter.

I keep a list of things that really stand out to me from the sermons I've heard, and inspiring songs, etc., and I pray for God to lead me in my devotions. (I'm trying to be regular about this.) Notoriously He drew me to spiritual truths that helped me overcome my fears regarding polygyny.

At the beginning of our journey, Blessedwith2 wrote a Bible study from what he learned, I think to help me. He requested that I read it. I have read it 3 times. (Not to give myself a pat on the back.) The 1st time I read it because Blessedwith2 requested me to. I believe that the other two times were reread because I was struggling. Each time I was believing the message in that Bible study increasingly. God was working.

About a year ago, Blessedwith2 decided to write a book on polygyny. He needed my help editing it. Currently I am rereading it, by my own choosing, and I'm repeatedly in awe of Blessedwith2's bold faith in proclaiming that polygyny is Biblical despite how our culture deems it taboo. By the way, currently this is not available yet. When it is, we'll be sure to let everyone on here know.

Getting involved in the women's chats helped me, and I'm currently reading a book called "Love Times Three".

I hope this helps.

Blinded Eyes

That's an awesome testimony! Thank you for taking the time to write and share as it is a big encouragement to us all.

This is a really good question. I will try to recall and answer as well as I can. It has been more than 9 years since this part of our journey began. The difference between those beginning days versus now is great. What helped me overcome my fears? I'm glad you asked! Let's see…

I cannot dismiss knowing Jesus as my personal Savior. Without this truth/foundation, I seriously doubt that I could have embraced it as well as I have, despite the struggles, and fears that there were.

The many talks with Blessedwith2 were part of what helped, although it didn't seem like it at first. I have no doubt that prayer helped me. Blessedwith2, without a doubt prayed that God would transform my thinking. I can see that God blessed my prayers as well. Some took awhile, and other prayers were answered soon thereafter.

I keep a list of things that really stand out to me from the sermons I've heard, and inspiring songs, etc., and I pray for God to lead me in my devotions. (I'm trying to be regular about this.) Notoriously He drew me to spiritual truths that helped me overcome my fears regarding polygyny.

At the beginning of our journey, Blessedwith2 wrote a Bible study from what he learned, I think to help me. He requested that I read it. I have read it 3 times. (Not to give myself a pat on the back.) The 1st time I read it because Blessedwith2 requested me to. I believe that the other two times were reread because I was struggling. Each time I was believing the message in that Bible study increasingly. God was working.

About a year ago, Blessedwith2 decided to write a book on polygyny. He needed my help editing it. Currently I am rereading it, by my own choosing, and I'm repeatedly in awe of Blessedwith2's bold faith in proclaiming that polygyny is Biblical despite how our culture deems it taboo. By the way, currently this is not available yet. When it is, we'll be sure to let everyone on here know.

Getting involved in the women's chats helped me, and I'm currently reading a book called "Love Times Three".

I hope this helps.
Beautiful

I hope this helps.
That was great. Thank you for sharing. It may help someone else. Some of the things you mentioned were also some of the same things that helped my wife. Prayer, study of the Word, patience, and loving support, to where now she is completely supportive. We spent a lot of late nights just talking everything through. At the beginning of our journey we just studied the Bible together. She was hesitant at first, but as we talked thing through and continued to saturate ourselves in the Bible and in prayer, her outlook on polygyny just changed. Thank you for sharing.

That was great. Thank you for sharing. It may help someone else. Some of the things you mentioned were also some of the same things that helped my wife. Prayer, study of the Word, patience, and loving support, to where now she is completely supportive. We spent a lot of late nights just talking everything through. At the beginning of our journey we just studied the Bible together. She was hesitant at first, but as we talked thing through and continued to saturate ourselves in the Bible and in prayer, her outlook on polygyny just changed. Thank you for sharing.
You're welcome
Is your wife on here?

What a lovely testimony! I am so happy for all of you. @KatjaR seems to have been brought her just for your family. May God bless you all for your faithfulness!

I hope this helps.
I forgot to include that journaling has helped me in 2 ways. 1-for during my devotions and 2-to write anything related to polygyny...like the joys and struggles. I honestly only started this 2nd one since becoming a part of the ladies chats.

Back