• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Pharaoh’s wives

This is much the way that I have envisioned Solomon’s wives living.
Some Jewish sources believe that Bathsheba was the model for Proverbs 31. That would totally fit in this model.

Wait... what? Who are you referring to by “Greco-Romans”? Like actual Greeks and Romans?
The classic early Greek philosophers and the Romans who inherited their philosophies and paganism, as well as their promotion of monogamy-only, all of which has been used to oppress the rest of us for centuries by those who colluded with Constantine to create a coercive union between religion and government. Statism is the short term for it.

The Greeks created monogamy-only as a lynchpin in their long-term project of shifting human allegiances from tribal family structures to centralized depersonalized governments. In addition, their proponents ever since have very purposefully demonized not only tribalism but all other non-paganistic, centralized top-down governmental structures, especially related to family structures. In their massive permanent brainwashing project, they have demonized all competing structures and all those that came before. Rewriting history, and ancient Egyptian culture has been one of their primary focuses -- everything, even when complimented, has to be portrayed as primitive.

Last edited:
Fascinating article. Explains much with Solomon...

Of particular interest and some humor was this line,
Egyptian society is generally considered the most egalitarian for women that existed in the ancient world and even in more recent times.
in the middle of an article about poly and the women under the authority of the Pharaoh.

I have found this Egypytian house similar to Ottoman harem. Only difference is that Ottoman's women didn't own any business and have less freedom of movement.

In both cases palace contain ruler's family and lovers, is place for education etc.

Strange that article didn't mention any security details. I'm certain entrance was heavily controlled.

Reactions: Yan
Back