• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

please pray for comfort, loss of our 9month old

So deeply saddened to hear about this tragic loss. My prayers go out for you and your beloved family. I cannot imagine what terrible grief you and she must be going through. Blessings be upon you, and may Christ be with you and see your though in this difficult time.

Nothing breaks a parents heart more. There are no human words that can take this grief away. We almost lost my oldest Son this way. The pool was destroyed a week later (that’s just me). We did lose a Son to a tragic auto accident though. Many times we cannot understand the whys and then blame ourselves. Dwelling in this type of thoughts will never help. Be courageous. Be faithful. Be in Love. All in Him! We have never gotten over the loss of our Son, but long to see him in glory. We only get through it, one day at a time. Our hearts break for you both and the children. Our prayers are always with you all. Not only in this present time of loss, but our prayers are with you all for the heartache you now have to carry. May Christ carry you all through it all. My wife and I are where you are at.

Guys, my wife is really battling here, I'm struggling to stay strong and not give in to fear as well. Please pray for the safety of our marriages and protection agaisnt thoughts from the enemy to steal kill and destroy. For God to give her the desire and purpose to not give up!
Focus on Love. To Love we must understand Love’s opposite is not hatred, anger, etc; but fear is. Hatred and the likes are only attributes of fear. Love has been the key to living with this tragedy. Fear is a liar to all that He is!

Very sorry, Sean. Praying for y'all and especially for your wife and kids.

I can't imagine but you are going through. Uniting with others to pray for your family.

Guys, my wife is really battling here, I'm struggling to stay strong and not give in to fear as well. Please pray for the safety of our marriages and protection agaisnt thoughts from the enemy to steal kill and destroy. For God to give her the desire and purpose to not give up!
My dear brother and especially sister, my husband, Curtis Gerhart, has posted his prayers in his reply/comment to you and I completely agree with what he says but would like to add from a mom’s perspective: I still fall apart - it has been months and I still fall apart from my son passing on. Those words “passing on” afford some comfort to me as they remind me that our children are just a little further up the road from us and we will catch up to them some day. My battle cry has been “God’s Grace and Mercy!” We have no idea what God’s plan may be but can only trust in His mercy. It seems that He has taken our children in (what seems to us), an untimely manner. Many, many times I have struggled to keep His Mercy foremost in my mind when the grief becomes too much to bear. We never will “get over” this loss, but we Will get through it. My heartfelt prayers are with you.

Hey everyone.... thanks for your prayers, I must attest to the working power of the comforter! Today we buried our son. My 3rd has pulled through some really hard times the last few days. Someone mentioned letting them fall apart, yes, this is not something I want to stop, however there are other things that I dont want to say specifics, but things that I do want to prevent from happening. My 1st was also having a deep struggle as she mothered Matthew even though he was not her son.

A plural marriage has truly been a blessing in these times! We all are doing better tonight (Asia) and some of the strong feelings have subsided, for now. But the pain is so intense when it comes on again. Please continue to pray, there really are no words to describe the grief.

Thank you for the update. I realize you all don't know me, or my husband.
As parents we can imagine what you are going through. Our thoughts, turn to your family often, and we will continue to pray for comfort and healing and peace.

Back